Upcoming Films of Disinterest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like this cos I vehemently agree with 1/2 and vomit at the thought of the other.

YOU DECIDE WHICH IS WHICH

Oh dear, I can't recall ever discussing either one of them with you so it's kind of like playing 50/50 on Millionaire, but given that one is generally more well-liked than the other, I'm gonna guess you love Pearce and despise Caviezel.

I think P.W.S. Anderson is possibly the best B-movie director in Hollywood right now. His Resident Evil movies are a fucking blast (the whole series is a big pleasure of mine), along with Event Horizon, and of course Mortal Kombat. His other few aren't quite as enjoyable, but whatever. This looks fantastic fun. Plus Milla.

The first Resident Evil movie might still be the best video game to movie translation.

Damn JT post making a quote adding edit necessary for understanding of my last post!! :madwife:

Oh dear, I can't recall ever discussing either one of them with you so it's kind of like playing 50/50 on Millionaire, but given that one is generally more well-liked than the other, I'm gonna guess you love Pearce and despise Caviezel.

Yes. I really do wish Pearce were in more things. Was happy to see him in The King's Speech.

Caviezel I liked in The Thin Red Line, to be fair, so there's that.

I wish video game movies worked. It feels like they don't make the more obvious ones. Like, I really don't know why a Zelda film hasn't happened.

Having not played Silent Hill, I must admit, I really liked that adaptation, however.

They're making an Uncharted movie. If ever there was a chance for a videogame movie to be good...

Yes. I really do wish Pearce were in more things. Was happy to see him in The King's Speech.

Caviezel I liked in The Thin Red Line, to be fair, so there's that.

Well we can't agree on everything, I think Caviezel's one of the most underrated actors out there. But speaking of recent Pearce, did you see Animal Kingdom??

Well they even got David O. Russell interested in making the Uncharted adaptation, but he's gotten himself attached to so many projects in the past 2 years (hell prior to The Fighter as well) that who knows if we'll actually see him make it.

I don't call him Scumbo because I have no idea where it came from

I appreciate it honestly, the other thing is somewhat insulting. I don't mind NSW calling me it, as he made it up, but it can be aggravating when people I don't even know refer to me with it.

They're making an Uncharted movie. If ever there was a chance for a videogame movie to be good...

The games are like movies, so, yeah.

Well we can't agree on everything, I think Caviezel's one of the most underrated actors out there. But speaking of recent Pearce, did you see Animal Kingdom??

Agreeing on everything would be boring and scary. I did not, no. Should I?

And Lance, no, have not seen any of the movies you mentioned.

I'd go see a Mass Effect movie, though. :drool:

I appreciate it honestly, the other thing is somewhat insulting. I don't mind NSW calling me it, as he made it up, but it can be aggravating when people I don't even know refer to me with it.

:slant:, I didn't realize you weren't a fan of the nick name. I waited a long time to start using the name and it seemed like you were cool with it, but if you're not, definitely won't do it anymore.

Yeah NSW, definitely check out Animal Kingdom, Pearce doesn't feature much until the final act, but the whole film is worth it, especially the unnerving performance from Jacki Weaver.

See, Danny, the problem here is that you sound completely unwilling to try, and that's really disappointing.

yeah.
I mean I haven't even seen the classics, never seen Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, any of The Godfathers, Raging Bull, Rocky, etc etc etc. NSW told me to watch A Clockwork Orange like two years ago, instead of going out on Saturday night. I still haven't seen it.
I guess I'd rather listen to an album than park myself in front a TV with a good movie for a few hours... Maybe I'll grow up eventually!

Anyway I think video games adaptations are only ever going to be effective in the really stylized genre mold, ala Resident Evil, since the state of gaming is so very poor when it comes to either dramatic or "cinematic" qualities. The medium's best offering are either wholly immersive, almost abstract interactive experiences (like ICO for example) or those that go for pure thrills, style and game design (generally those which would fall into easy genre works like action of horror, etc). This also leaves out really extended works like RPG's, so episodic and sprawling in nature they're absolutely no fit for being condensed into a film, or purely tactical stuff like RTS or puzzle gaming, etc.

yeah.
I mean I haven't even seen the classics, never seen Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, any of The Godfathers, Raging Bull, Rocky, etc etc etc. NSW told me to watch A Clockwork Orange like two years ago, instead of going out on Saturday night. I still haven't seen it.
I guess I'd rather listen to an album than park myself in front a TV with a good movie for a few hours... Maybe I'll grow up eventually!

Or maybe you just arent interested. That's ok too

So I just watched the new Pirates trailer because I havent seen anything about it yet and I'll probably get dragged to the theatre to see it..... Where all the creatures at??? Like, one skeleton and a handful of Mermaids :( (and they better be more than a handful if they're the only creatures, if you get my meaning)

The creatures are mermaids that are scary underwater and gorgeous above water or something like that, and voodoo zombies.

Back
Top Bottom