Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:41 AM
Old 05-17-2011, 11:17 PM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I can't tell you how disappointed I was with the first Transformers. Was really excited for it and was soooo let down. 2 was what I thought it would be, cos my expectations were super low. I will see the 3rd eventually but not in a theater.
The first time I saw the second one, I though wow this is pretty cool. Sure there were some real cringeworthy bits, but at the end of the day its giant robots blowing stuff up. Megan Fox is gone, which I think is going to help the third ones cause.

I'm hoping the adabpt a little bit of a "Battle L.A" approach, and not focus on the humans as much...cause while Battle LA wasn't anything fantastic, it was good to see they stuck with it from a military point of view. But I don't think that's gonna happen.

Is that why you didn't like the first one much? too much humans less transformers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
yeah.

I mean I haven't even seen the classics, never seen Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, any of The Godfathers, Raging Bull, Rocky, etc etc etc. NSW told me to watch A Clockwork Orange like two years ago, instead of going out on Saturday night. I still haven't seen it.
I guess I'd rather listen to an album than park myself in front a TV with a good movie for a few hours... Maybe I'll grow up eventually!
Shit I haven't seen any of those either. I've seen some of A Clockwork Orange, I was pretty young at the time and too disturbing for me back then. I'm not really into the classics much I guess, but I do love going to the cinema.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:18 PM   #95
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:41 AM
Quote:
JT, what movie do you most admire for its quantity or quality of creatures?

Well, Star Wars, obviously. That kinda started it for me. When I was a kid, anything with creatures was a-ok. Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, Last Starfighter, Gremlins. Recently, I liked the second Pirates, as I mentioned. Also, Hellboy 2 had some really good ones too. I prefer the animatronics to CG, but good CG is still pretty cool.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:19 PM   #96
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
, I didn't realize you weren't a fan of the nick name. I waited a long time to start using the name and it seemed like you were cool with it, but if you're not, definitely won't do it anymore.
Quote:
I won't call you it again, didn't know it bothered you.
Let me clarify, nicknames are usually always thrown on a person whether they like it or not, and I have no problem with that. It's part of the fun in the first place. I don't love it by any means, but other than the douchebags who create nicknames for themselves, who does usually like their nickname? I don't mind if people I'm friends with call me that, and I feel like most everyone who posts regularly here or in Bang and Clatter can feel free to call me any damn thing they please, as I like them and have no problem with it. That said, I also appreciate not being called that from time to time. I realize my screen name is a mess, so people probably don't know what to call me regardless. If you've even made it this far into what I've written, you can feel free to call me what ever the hell you want to.

Yes, even I find it quite ironic that for some reason I'm happier with being called "Mofo" than "Scumbo".

Back to video game movies, I still can't believe anyone could have screwed up Max Payne. Seems like ANY fan of those games would have immediately told you what was awesome about the games and story, yet only about 4 minutes of any of that showed up in the movie. I'm happy to see that DOOM is being rumored as possibly being relaunched. Maybe video game movies, like comic book movies, need one great film to come out and kick the rest in the pants to show what can work.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:19 PM   #97
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:41 PM
I more meant as an adult, yeah. Star Wars I took as a given.

Thanks.....
Old 05-17-2011, 11:19 PM   #98
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:41 AM
A Clockwork Orange is pretty shit.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:21 PM   #99
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
It's a pretentious piece of shit.

Naturally, I can relate to it.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #100
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Back to video game movies, I still can't believe anyone could have screwed up Max Payne. Seems like ANY fan of those games would have immediately told you what was awesome about the games and story, yet only about 4 minutes of any of that showed up in the movie. I'm happy to see that DOOM is being rumored as possibly being relaunched. Maybe video game movies, like comic book movies, need one great film to come out and kick the rest in the pants to show what can work.
That movie was absoutlely terrible, and I've never picked up any of the games.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #101
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Let me clarify, nicknames are usually always thrown on a person whether they like it or not, and I have no problem with that. It's part of the fun in the first place. I don't love it by any means, but other than the douchebags who create nicknames for themselves, who does usually like their nickname? I don't mind if people I'm friends with call me that, and I feel like most everyone who posts regularly here or in Bang and Clatter can feel free to call me any damn thing they please, as I like them and have no problem with it. That said, I also appreciate not being called that from time to time. I realize my screen name is a mess, so people probably don't know what to call me regardless. If you've even made it this far into what I've written, you can feel free to call me what ever the hell you want to.

Yes, even I find it quite ironic that for some reason I'm happier with being called "Mofo" than "Scumbo".

Back to video game movies, I still can't believe they could have screwed up Max Payne. Seems like ANY fan of those games would have immediately told you what was awesome about the games and story, yet only about 4 minutes of any of that showed up in the movie. I'm happy to see that DOOM is being rumored as possibly being relaunched. Maybe video game movies, like comic book movies, need one great film to come out and kick the rest in the pants to show what can work.
Say no more, man, I really won't use it again. This way, others won't see it and possibly use it. Sorry, literally had no idea you disliked it all these years.

Did you people like Prince of Persia?
Old 05-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #102
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Are you familiar with the original? Based on the tongue-in-cheek aspect of that & the screenplay for this remake, I would say this is a misrepresentative trailer and along with the pure joy I expect from it I'm excited because of Farrell, Yelchin and Poots in the cast.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #103
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
It's a pretentious piece of shit.

Naturally, I can relate to it.
Right on.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #104
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:41 AM
Quote:
I more meant as an adult, yeah. Star Wars I took as a given.

Thanks.....
Strangely, I found the LotR trilogy to be a little disappointing as far as creatures go. Some of them were awesome, but some of the orcs and shit just looked lame. And the Giant spider? yawn
Old 05-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #105
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
Die.