Upcoming Films of Disinterest - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2011, 10:34 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:30 AM
I thought the first Pirates was pretty good, but I'm a whore for creatures and stuff, so I prefer all the badguys from the second movie. That's enough for me to enjoy it more

Old 05-17-2011, 10:34 PM   #32
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:30 PM
I thought it was a film based on a beloved animated TV series inspired by toys but I guess that's splitting hairs. Or maybe not, not sure. Either way, it was an unenjoyable film.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:36 PM   #33
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
YouTube - The Three Musketeers 3D (2011) - Official Trailer [HD]

Here's a film that I'm fairly sure everybody here probably thinks looks like shit, but I seriously can't fucking wait.
I don't care how it looks, I'm a sucker for every single fucking film based on Dumas' books. Good, bad or otherwise.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:36 PM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

The worst thing about transformers was that, what should've been the coolest part, was horribly done. When all the robots started fighting each other, you couldn't even tell who was who. It was just a jumble of sharp metal
Old 05-17-2011, 10:38 PM   #35
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
The worst thing about transformers was that, what should've been the coolest part, was horribly done. When all the robots started fighting each other, you couldn't even tell who was who. It was just a jumble of sharp metal
Agreed. I figured Bay would at least get that right....and he instead got it very wrong. Oh well. Hopefully some of you go see Transformers 3 and are pleasantly surprised.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #36
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhour24 View Post
I think you're putting too much emotion into all this, you can tell Depp honestly has a ton of fun playing Jack Sparrow, the movies provide diverting big screen entertainment and Disney, a corporation (you know, those things that exist purely to make money) get to count their billions, making another one does no harm. Now I will completely agree with you that many of his choices and even performances have become painfully dull, but that doesn't negate his career or talent, and it certainly doesn't negate Rango which is one of the most batshit creative big budget movies ever and easily Depp's best performance since Sweeney Todd if not the original Pirates, so you're missing out on it big time.
Oh entirely. And as I said, I'm not ignorant as to the money situation. But I'll be honest, I was NEVER a big fan of Jack Sparrow. He was an aspect of the film I put up with. Depp has far better roles under his belt, and lately, I just haven't seen them from him.

Add to that the fucking two-headed monster that is He and Tim Burton, and I just began to be incapable of taking him seriously.

And I couldn't watch Sweeney Todd. I actually watched it on fast forward 1x, so that the closed captioning would still pop up on the DVD. I just wanted to see how it ended, but I despised every musical aspect of the film, and Depp's performance almost equally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
Yeah, you really need to see Rango. Pure joy to watch.
I'll see it eventually. As soon as it comes out on DVD, for sure.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #37
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I don't care how it looks, I'm a sucker for every single fucking film based on Dumas' books. Good, bad or otherwise.
So I'm not the only one who likes the The Count of Monte Cristo film that came out a few years back?
Old 05-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #38
45:33

Local Time: 06:30 PM
I'm a very simple man when it comes to movies. Of all the films nominated for best picture at the Oscars I saw only Toy Story 3 (and I think that was the only time I actually went to the movies at all last year) and The Social Network, both of which I loved. Now, I may very well have enjoyed The King's Speech, True Grit, Black Swan, etc, but I was never going to go see them because I'm just not that into going to see movies I guess. I loved The Hangover, and I'll definitely be seeing this one, and I'm greatly looking forward to it. Judging by the minute long trailer I've seen, it doesn't look as funny as the first one, but I've just got higher hopes for it than you guys, probably because I'm not a film buff.

But this is simply a thread to discuss shit films you'll be staying away from, and I can't think of any, so I'll quietly back out.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:41 PM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I actually watched it on fast forward 1x,
so then at normal speed?
Old 05-17-2011, 10:41 PM   #40
Blue Crack Distributor

Sorry for the triple post, I missed that we were on a new page and then I just fucked everything up.

Re: Transformers. I went in with the lowest of expectations because I've never been a big fan (I fucking adored Beast Wars as a kid though), and ended up quite surprised. Didn't enjoy it enough to bother with the sequel, and a friend of mine who is an obsessed toy collector and avid fan told me not to bother, so I haven't.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #41
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
So I'm not the only one who likes the The Count of Monte Cristo film that came out a few years back?
Well, I guess I worded that poorly....I'm a sucker for film versions of Dumas' work in that I'll go see them.....can't claim to have liked every single one of them.

But if you mean the version with Dumbledore.1, Jesus and Guy Pearce, then, yes, I liked it.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #42
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
so then at normal speed?
I meant one time, I swear it might actually pop up on screen as 1x, which is obviously incorrect.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I think P.W.S. Anderson is possibly the best B-movie director in Hollywood right now. His Resident Evil movies are a fucking blast (the whole series is a big pleasure of mine), along with Event Horizon, and of course Mortal Kombat. His other few aren't quite as enjoyable, but whatever. This looks fantastic fun. Plus Milla.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #44
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
I'm a very simple man when it comes to movies. Of all the films nominated for best picture at the Oscars I saw only Toy Story 3 (and I think that was the only time I actually went to the movies at all last year) and The Social Network, both of which I loved. Now, I may very well have enjoyed The King's Speech, True Grit, Black Swan, etc, but I was never going to go see them because I'm just not that into going to see movies I guess. I loved The Hangover, and I'll definitely be seeing this one, and I'm greatly looking forward to it. Judging by the minute long trailer I've seen, it doesn't look as funny as the first one, but I've just got higher hopes for it than you guys, probably because I'm not a film buff.

But this is simply a thread to discuss shit films you'll be staying away from, and I can't think of any, so I'll quietly back out.
See, Danny, the problem here is that you sound completely unwilling to try, and that's really disappointing.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life

They should do a GoBots movie and do it right