Up In The Air

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's kind of interesting that Kendrick has immediately gone from a shit supporting role in a film series universally regarded as devoid of any strong acting performances to a role that is garnering serious Oscar buzz. Good for her.

He was fine, essentially playing himself. Was far better in Michael Clayton for just one example. Not sure why he's gettig awards buzz to be honest.

I thought she and George had the best chemistry I've ever seen him have with an actress in a movie (I can't remember most of his leading ladies strangely enough :wink: so maybe that's why hers stands out even more) . And as much as I love George I think Anna Kendrick gave the best performance in the movie.

Really? The chemistry seemed a bit artificial to me. The scene with the synced laptops and other scenes seemed too convenient. The characters didn't seem especially deep either. I agree that Kendrick was great.

I finally got to see this today, weather, school, holidays and other movies kept preventing me. I enjoyed it a lot, apart from the beginning the direction/editing was very restrained and mature for Reitman, and the performances are excellent. From what I've heard the novel wasn't all that great, but it had a strong screenplay.

Just saw it tonight. :up:
15734_226208544691_593664691_4317058_2806686_n.jpg

:tongue:

I pointed you out to my friends. So can I now say I'm two degrees of separation from George Clooney, Chizzer? :flirt:

That said, other than its (in)convenient timing with America and its employment troubles, I don't quite understand the level that it's being held up to by many industry people, the screenplay is the only thing I'd put up for awards. The cast all does a good job, superlative-worthy? Not to me.

I was pretty taken by it when I first saw it, thought it was a pretty satisfying film. The interplay between Clooney and the two ladies sold it for me, particularly when he and Farmiga first meet. A lot of things were telegraphed or predictable to anyone who's seen more than a few movies, but it never thought it talked down to its audience or went for the easy conclusion. I'd say it was one of the more wholly enjoyable films I've seen all year. It's well-produced, shot, edited, scripted, performed all of the way through and a lot of it worked for me. Solid.

Maybe because it's one of the few "prestige" releases to not disappoint this year? Invictus, Lovely Bones, and Nine have gotten mildly positive to pretty negative reviews so far. I haven't seen any of them yet, so I can't judge, but that may be the case.

Maybe because it's one of the few "prestige" releases to not disappoint this year? Invictus, Lovely Bones, and Nine have gotten mildly positive to pretty negative reviews so far. I haven't seen any of them yet, so I can't judge, but that may be the case.

Invictus is sanitized and sterile, don't bother.
I have zero interest in seeing Bones,
I may see Nine, just for the women in the film.

I have not seen Up in the Air, I am looking forward to it.

ha! no fucking way...

i saw the movie tonight and i thought it was excellent. great performances all around, great story, great ending in that it wasn't your typical holloywood everybody's happy ending... great movie all around.

strange to see someone say they liked clooney in michael clayton better, 'cause i wish i could get the 2 hours i wasted watching that piece of crap michael clayton back, but i'm afraid they are gone forever.

ha! no fucking way...

i saw the movie tonight and i thought it was excellent. great performances all around, great story, great ending in that it wasn't your typical holloywood everybody's happy ending... great movie all around.

strange to see someone say they liked clooney in michael clayton better, 'cause i wish i could get the 2 hours i wasted watching that piece of crap michael clayton back, but i'm afraid they are gone forever.

Nobody except a true fool would make the statement "...that piece of crap..." when it comes to a movie like Michael Clayton. Please.

It wasn't as good as it appeared to be in the previews. I enjoyed it but was annoyed that I knew what was going to happen in the second half of the film really quickly. Not that I wanted it suspenseful/action packed but it just makes it a bit boring when you know what's going to happen.

Saw it yesterday. Enjoyed it for the most part but was definitely a bit underwhelmed given all the spectacular buzz it's been getting. One of the front runners for Best Picture? I don't know about that. It was pleasant and had some charm about it, but there also wasn't anything particularly memorable here, other than Anna Kendrick. She was damn good, and my favorite moment in the film is how her character's story arc is wrapped up.

And just because it was recently brought up in this thread, Michael Clayton was bad ass and is twice the movie that Up In The Air is. IMO.

Everything else aside from Vera's ass... Not so much.

That was a body double, unfortunately.

I need to watch this move so that I can take the away the bad taste in my mouth after seeing The Men That Stare At Goats

You'll have a much, much worse taste in your mouth after seeing The Men Who Stare at Goatse.

Well, I saw it last night.

Great movie, but the biggest dissapointment was finding out that they used a body double on Vera Farmiga's scene.

....and I forgot to look for Chizip's scene. Fail.

Saw the movie over the weekend. I didn't know much about it. I just knew Clooney was in it. I thought the movie was awesome and had a nice flow. I did see the twist coming, but I kind of put it out of my mind until it was close to coming up. I definitely think Vera is adorable. When I saw her ass, I knew it wasn't hers because I've seen it in The Departed and it didn't match. :lol: I looked up the movie on IMDB and Vera said that they used a double because she had recently given birth.

Saw the movie over the weekend. I didn't know much about it. I just knew Clooney was in it. I thought the movie was awesome and had a nice flow. I did see the twist coming, but I kind of put it out of my mind until it was close to coming up. I definitely think Vera is adorable. When I saw her ass, I knew it wasn't hers because I've seen it in The Departed and it didn't match. :lol: I looked up the movie on IMDB and Vera said that they used a double because she had recently given birth.

you can match bare asses with actresses? that is a talent.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom