Tyler Perry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I have never seen any of his movies or his tv show, but he certainly seems to have a Midas touch (I think he made over 100 million just last year, and he opened his own production studio in Atlanta). And he's so appealing on talk shows, I saw him on Larry King and he seemed incredibly nice.

So are his movies/tv shows really that good?

I've only seen Diary of a Mad Black Woman, and it was pretty funny, nothing spectacular. He makes easily digested fluff movies for the most part, which is why they do so well. It's what Americans love best. The only other movie he's made that actually looks like it could be really good, is The Family That Preys. Kathy Bates is in that one. I put it in my Netflix queue. Other than that, I really don't see what the big deal is with him. I find very overrated, myself.

I was going to try Family That Preys from On Demand-the Madea stuff doesn't really appeal to me. The new one made 41 million opening weekend (I think that was last weekend).

My youngest sister got me hooked on Tyler Perry. She saw all of his plays before they were turned into movies. I think Madea is funny which is why the movies started appealing to me. Saw Diary of a Mad Black Woman,Meet the Browns,and Madea Goes To Jail. Like Brittany said most of his movies are fluff ones but I find them entertaining.

Another movie of Perry's that doesn't have Madea in it is Daddy's Girls. Thought that one was retty good. Plan on renting The Family that Preys.

My wife is a huge fan of his, so I've seen just about everything he's done. I generally enjoy his stuff, though I like his plays much better than the movies or TV series. I've actually seen a couple of them live (Madea's Class Reunion and Madea Goes to Jail). The movies are a bit more "mainstream", I definitely recommend the plays...though there is a pretty clear formula with them.

I saw Madea Goes to Jail yesterday, I actually enjoyed it it. Plus it has Derek Luke, one of the most handsome men of all time. I think Tyler is very cute too. It was weird seeing Rudy Huxtable as a prostitute.

Back
Top Bottom