Twin Peaks - It Is Happening Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After episode 9, I went back and watched Episode 1&2, and a lot of the Evil Cooper stuff makes better sense. I remember being a bit lost on that plot in the beginning when it came to Ray and Daria. Forgot that they mentioned getting the coordinates from Hastings' secretary.

A lot is coming together now. Should be a fun 2nd half of the season now!

This show is really trying my fucking patience.

But points for Rebekah Del Rio singing at the end. I was OBSESSED with her Spanish version of "Crying" in Mulholland Drive.

Last edited:
This show is really trying my fucking patience.

But points for Rebekah Del Rio singing at the end. I was OBSESSED with her Spanish version of "Crying" in Mulholland Drive.

I thought the beginning of the episode was a bit slow. But the last 15-20 minutes was fucking intense. Gordon seeing Laura, more pieces to the puzzle coming together.

I just love the story. With multiple people trying to kill Good Cooper, and call me crazy, but my theory all along has been that Laura will also escape from the black lodge. Ever since Leland said "find Laura" in episode 2.

Interesting a blurry little flash went past Tammy as she approached Gordon's door, after he saw Laura. Honestly, I can't get enough of this. Fucking great TV.

The series has been amazing, but the drawn out tease of Dougie and Cooper is a bit frustrating.

I think Dougie is funny as hell but if you would have told me a couple months ago that we'd be 10 episodes into the series and Dale Cooper hasn't even showed up yet I'd have been like "That's lame and disappointing."

McLachlan's performance as Dale Cooper was the heart of the original show. I can understand the idea of turning that on its head. The idea of it being 25 years later and McLachlan is still the heart of the show but as two completely different characters. I get it. Still, it's not as satisfying because one character is monosyllabic and mindless and the other is a villain who's not even in the show all that much.

I get that Lynch and Frost wanted to do something different and it's not going to be some fan-fictiony shit where Dale Cooper struts into the Double R and orders a coffee and cherry pie from Shelly and solves a murder.

I guess I'm just a bit frustrated because I was an idiot and sort of half expected that to be what happens in the new series haha. The joke is on me.

And I do love this season. There have been so many hilarious and shocking and brutal and beautiful moments so far. Emphasis on the funny...this has been one of the most consistently laugh-out-loud funny seasons of TV I've seen in a long time.

This episode was fucking hilarious. The thing with the remote and the fly was one of the most blatantly telegraphed jokes I've ever witnessed, but it got me anyway. And I know people are getting sick of Dougie, but everything about his plot had me rolling. The sheer absurdity of his situation really started paying off.

Last edited:
We definitely know the real Cooper will be back because there are promo videos of him with his FBI badge, also of him driving. It's just a matter of when.

(I'm trying to do a reverse jinx, saying that the real Cooper won't come back so that he does come back.)

That was one of the best episodes of the new series. Loooooooooove Amanda Seyfried. She's a legend.

Yeah, the woodsmen are really freaky. Remind me a bit of the guy behind the diner on Mulholland Drive.

It's great seeing as how the series is called "Twin Peaks: The Return", that all roads are leading back to Twin Peaks. The biggest question mark is if Agent Cooper (Dougie) will end up going back. I know there are scenes with him wearing the badge and looking awake (judging by the trailer) but I wouldn't be surprised if he's the very last one to arrive, though my hunch is it might happen sooner than later because the Vegas cops are running his prints which will probably prompt a call to the FBI.

The series is called Twin Peaks. "The Return" is just a marketing phrase (something like "Fight the Future" was for the first X-Files movie). Not a very imaginative one, even if it might signify Cooper's return to Twin Peaks. Lynch always calls it "new Twin Peaks". Semantics, but there you go.

My probably very wrong prediction is that Cooper will be back in Part 12 or 13 (beginning of the third act - Mark Frost is great when it comes to story structure). But I am enjoying the Dougie stuff a lot ever since Part 7. Naomi Watts' performance has a lot to do with it.

The series is called Twin Peaks. "The Return" is just a marketing phrase (something like "Fight the Future" was for the first X-Files movie). Not a very imaginative one, even if it might signify Cooper's return to Twin Peaks. Lynch always calls it "new Twin Peaks". Semantics, but there you go.

My probably very wrong prediction is that Cooper will be back in Part 12 or 13 (beginning of the third act - Mark Frost is great when it comes to story structure). But I am enjoying the Dougie stuff a lot ever since Part 7. Naomi Watts' performance has a lot to do with it.

I think next episode is titled "Let's Rock". So you never know.

I keep going back to the Richard and Linda comment from the giant in the very beginning of the season. I wonder how that's going to fit in.

There was something so off about the scene with Audrey. The way the two characters were spaced apart in that room, and the cuts back and forth between the two. Uncomfortable.

For one of the truly great characters of the original run (at least in Season 1) that was a fucking weird comeback. Still good to see her, though. Sherilynn Fenn is a legend.

Last edited:
There's a theory, (and I realise that it and I are clutching at straws), that Audrey is in a psychiatric hospital and he is her counsellor, not husband, just playing along with her delusions. Hope this is true.

Yes there was something off with that scene. I could buy the psychiatrist scene too. Considering she's Richard's mom and isn't really in the picture makes me wonder.

Whatever excuses fans want to come up with, this episode was mostly terrible, particularly the second half (the big scenes with Adarsha Palmer and Ben Thorne the positive exceptions). The long-awaited return of Audrey wasn't just long and awkward, it was poorly written and directed. No wonder Fenn was recently outspoken about her disapproval, Lynch and Frost torpedoed her. Hopefully the character is salvaged before the end.

And then we get to the roadhouse and does Audrey appear there despite saying she was going? No, but we get introduced to even more young people we have no reason to give a shit about. Remember the ones from a couple episodes ago? Me neither.

With only 7 hours left, I'm seriously doubting Lynch & Frost's ability to pull all these seemingly disparate characters and locations together. It's likely to end a confounding mess, it's just a question of how well the fanatics will swallow that pill.

Last edited:
This was a tough episode which means tons of shit will happen next week.

Laz, I thought the same thing with Lost with 2 episodes to go and they still pulled it off.

I love the new series with the exception of a couple minor complaints. Gonna save my ultimate judgement once it's all said and done.

Yeah - I get why people felt this episode was a let down, but if you chunked every movie you went to into 18 parts, you are bound to hate one of them.
I have been feeling concerned for a while that it will be hard to bring this all together, but I suppose we have 3x the length of Mulholland Drive to go, so it is by no means a lost cause

Things I liked about episode 13:

1. The arm wrestling scene
2. Norma actually getting to speak
3. James playing that song and having V from GOSSIP GIRL brought to tears because she thought she'd never be forced to hear it again

The episode was a hit purely because of Cooper and Co doing the conga in the insurance office. I want that music as my ringtone.

Back
Top Bottom