Twin Peaks - It Is Happening Again - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2017, 02:58 AM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:47 PM
Kyle reposting memes on Facebook is everything...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4846.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	11305

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4844.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	11306

Old 06-20-2017, 04:20 PM   #47
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:47 AM
Ha!

I'm getting a little tired of the Dougie thing. I like the reminders of his past life creeping into his conscious, but the wife/son/boss/everyone around him just reacting to him like he's just a bit odder than usual, instead of realizing it's a completely different person is too much. I hope it doesn't drag out too much longer.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:39 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Ha!

I'm getting a little tired of the Dougie thing. I like the reminders of his past life creeping into his conscious, but the wife/son/boss/everyone around him just reacting to him like he's just a bit odder than usual, instead of realizing it's a completely different person is too much. I hope it doesn't drag out too much longer.

Yeah I'm with you there. Not sure where they are going to go with that but there's obviously a showdown with evil Cooper brewing.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:39 PM   #49
Blue Crack Supplier

Yeah, most Lynch fans have their heads so far up his ass they can't criticize anything, even something as glaringly exhausting as this storyline.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:03 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Yeah, most Lynch fans have their heads so far up his ass they can't criticize anything, even something as glaringly exhausting as this storyline.
I don't know if I'd call it exhausting, more slow moving but I think what he's trying to do is build the story around Evil Coop and the town setting up for Evil Coop to try to kill the real Cooper. We'll see how it all ends. I do agree though that if the real Coop doesn't "wake up" until the final episode, I'll be a bit disappointed.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:11 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

It's already old. Ten more episodes of this would be absolute dogshit.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #52
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm enjoying it and am thrilled it's back, but I'm tempted to cancel Showtime for now and then pick it up when the season is almost done and catch up in time to watch the last ep or two live.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:37 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

One thing to keep in mind is that it's not even halfway through the season yet. And the last episode saw lot of plot development and Cooper is slowly but surely waking up. I think it will turn out well.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:27 AM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

What an episode. That was fun!
Old 06-26-2017, 01:29 AM   #55
The Male

I love David Lynch so much

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:39 AM   #56
Refugee

Location: SoCal, but far enough away from everything for it to be a pain in the ass
Got a light?

Yeah that episode really cleared everything up.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:57 AM   #57
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:47 AM
From the beginning I was onboard despite the glass box and face chewing monster. I was still onboard after the evolution of the arm flesh tree and Cooper in space. And while the Dougie thing is getting old, there's enough classic TP humor to keep me waiting patiently for the real Dale Cooper's return. But after tonight's episode . . . I don't know man. That was seriously disappointing and frustrating - especially with no new episode next week. I don't think I can take another episode like that one. Please get back to and stay with our beloved TP characters pronto.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:50 AM   #58
The Male

The best kind of divisive hyperbole is popping up because of this episode and I love it. It's either being labeled a groundbreaking work of art or absolute garbage, which is the range of reactions I would hope an auteur like Lynch would be aiming for at this point in his career. What does he have to lose?

I fucking loved the episode because, for me, it was fun to watch. I found the set design enthralling, the choice of music potent (The Platters an Krzysztof Penderecki in the same episode!), the cinematography rich and alive, the suspense gripping and some of the images absolutely terrifying. This was among of the most upsetting hours of film that Lynch has ever strung together and it was shown on TV, during primetime. What a time to be alive.

But I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people watched it and thought it was trash. That's OK. Who cares, honestly?

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:19 AM   #59
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
and it was shown on TV, during primetime. What a time to be alive.
This distinction doesn't really mean as much when we're not talking about major network TV.

Showtime is something you pay to have, you select the show to watch specifically from a guide, etc. It's not like this was unleashed on an unsuspecting public or casual viewer.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:20 AM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Twin Peaks - It Is Happening Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
The best kind of divisive hyperbole is popping up because of this episode and I love it. It's either being labeled a groundbreaking work of art or absolute garbage, which is the range of reactions I would hope an auteur like Lynch would be aiming for at this point in his career. What does he have to lose?

I fucking loved the episode because, for me, it was fun to watch. I found the set design enthralling, the choice of music potent (The Platters an Krzysztof Penderecki in the same episode!), the cinematography rich and alive, the suspense gripping and some of the images absolutely terrifying. This was among of the most upsetting hours of film that Lynch has ever strung together and it was shown on TV, during primetime. What a time to be alive.

But I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people watched it and thought it was trash. That's OK. Who cares, honestly?

Agreed with everything you said. That was the most visually stunning thing I've watched on a TV series ever. Even topped the beginning of episode 3, which I put at the top of my favorite Twin Peaks moments. I love how a lot of it coincides with items from the book that Mark Frost just released too. They're definitely going with a more global perspective this time around, which I really appreciate.