Twin Peaks - It Is Happening Again - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2017, 02:56 PM   #196
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:07 AM
The Audrey storyline isn't that hard to figure out. All you have to do is go back and re-watch the first scene with her. It's clearly a relationship between her and her nurse/caretaker. They make this even more obvious when we last see her basically wearing a robe as she looks in the mirror, realizing she's aged or is disfigured from the Season 2 explosion or whatever. I get the feeling it's just a mental health thing though (because it "runs in the family") and that she willingly slept with evil Cooper so she likely survived the explosion unscathed.

The other key to it is that Billy is most definitely the guy in the jail cell who is basically clinical as well. His face fits the description given at the bar about what happened to him. He's just somebody else that Audrey has contact with and who basically escaped the mental ward.

The scenes in the bar that aren't just the band performing at the end of an episode (which are really just for fun since Lynch admitted to just wanting the music to be good) are basically the mental/hospital ward although some of the people talking are likely the caretakers as well. Probably could be considered the cafeteria. The girl crawling across the floor is someone with a physical handicap who was basically pushed aside from a table.

So, the British dude basically punches a disabled person when they visit the place and James is just performing for a bunch of people that are hospitalized. That explains why James and the British guy are basically jailed right away for their actions at "the bar" and it explains why some mentally incompetent person was pissed off at James looking at his wife or whatever. You can argue that these are elderly and/or infirm people that still see themselves through their youthful lens when that's not reality. Hence Audrey freaking out when she's realizes she's now decades older.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:01 PM   #197
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

For me, the only nut I haven't been able to crack and item that didn't have a lot of subtext going on was the FBI stuff. I guess it had to be kind of literal to sort of get us to where we wanted to go, but there's still 4th wall breaks such as Lynch's character imagining himself in France with an actress having a coffee next to where an actual Lynch exhibition was, similar to the 4th wall break at the very end of the show when the actual homeowner of Laura's house in real life meets Cooper and "Laura"

Old 10-23-2017, 08:43 AM   #198
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
" . . . and that she willingly slept with evil Cooper so she likely survived the explosion unscathed."
I'd have to go back and review the Doc Hayward scene, but my impression was that Doppel Cooper raped Audrey in the hospital while she was still in a coma.

But I agree that she snapped out of the coma in her final scene. I think the Roadhouse scenes are a case where sometimes we see the "real" events as they unfold in Twin Peaks and sometimes we see what is in Audrey's mind.

Though it's interesting, I think a clue is in the name "Bang Bang Bar." When Audrey went into the coma after the bank explosion, the Roadhouse was simply that, no Bang Bang Bar on the outside. So how could she know to incorporate that new name in her coma state?
Old 10-23-2017, 09:35 AM   #199
The Fly

Quote:
For me, the only nut I haven't been able to crack and item that didn't have a lot of subtext going on was the FBI stuff. I guess it had to be kind of literal to sort of get us to where we wanted to go, but there's still 4th wall breaks such as Lynch's character imagining himself in France with an actress having a coffee next to where an actual Lynch exhibition was, similar to the 4th wall break at the very end of the show when the actual homeowner of Laura's house in real life meets Cooper and "Laura"
When you think about it, the FBI didn't really do much of anything. It appears the Tammy Preston character was there to allow us to be informed of what was going on as things were explained to her by Gordon and Albert.

But let's review: Gordon Cole has been informed Cooper has been found. He goes to meet Cooper, knows something is wrong. Then what? Not much of anything really. He eventually gets a call from the good Dale and rushes to meet him at the Twin Peaks Sheriff station, before disappearing at the curtain call.

Now I loved the series from start to finish, don't get me wrong. But if I try to pin this thing down or that, it always gets a bit murky and . . . well, dreamlike.

Intended in full by Mr Lynch no doubt.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:46 PM   #200
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

The reason I don't believe Audrey is in a coma is because I believe that's Billy in the prison cell and there's people talking about him at the bar which is clearly real since James went there. Billy can't be both a real life entity and something that merely exists in Audrey's head.

Makes it more likely it's a mental ward than an actual hospital. I don't think the coma theories are out of line though as it's the unintended consequence of that damn bank explosion from Season 2.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:35 PM   #201
The Fly

Quote:
The reason I don't believe Audrey is in a coma is because I believe that's Billy in the prison cell and there's people talking about him at the bar which is clearly real since James went there. Billy can't be both a real life entity and something that merely exists in Audrey's head.

Makes it more likely it's a mental ward than an actual hospital. I don't think the coma theories are out of line though as it's the unintended consequence of that damn bank explosion from Season 2.
I don't recall if Frosts book says that Audrey is in a coma, I'll have to look it up later. But Doc Hayward said so, so that's what I'm going on.

But no matter where she wakes up, presumably she has awakened from a comatose state.

As far as Billy being "real" while simultaneously "in Audrey's head" . . . I don't see any reason why that isn't possible. Perhaps i'm just not understanding what you're saying here. I mean, we dream about real people all the time in our lives, yes? The people in our dreams exist outside of our mind, but in our dreams these people are subject to whatever shenanigans our subconscious wants to dump on us.

I'm going to go back and binge the entire series soon. When the Audrey scenes finally pop up I think there is plenty to sort through in the conversation with her "husband" to help us get a clue as to what's going. Well, we'll see.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:05 AM   #202
The Fly

TP's season 3 is finally available for pre-order.

Here are the extras in the limited box set:

IMPRESSIONS: A Journey Behind the Scenes of Twin Peaks
The Man with the Grey Elevated Hair (29:40)
Tell it Martin (29:08)
Two Blue Balls (24:14)
The Number of Completion (29:17)
Bad Binoculars (28:08)
See You on the Other Side Dear Friend (30:00)
Do Not Pick Up Hitchhikers (26:44)
A Bloody Finger in Your Mouth (26:49)
The Polish Accountant (28:05)
A Pot of Boiling Oil (38:32)
Phenomenon
Part 1: Creation (4:40)
Part 2: Life After Death (4:50)
Part 3: Renaissance (4:50)
Behind-the-scenes Photo Gallery
Rancho Rosa Logos (2:25)
San Diego Comic-Con 2017 Twin Peaks Panel (61:26)
David Lynch Produced Promos
Piano (1:02)
Donut (:32)
Woods (:32)
People (:32)
Places (:32)
Albert (1:02)
In – cinema (1:32)

Then for the blu ray exclusive:

A Very Lovely Dream: One Week in Twin Peaks (27:09)
Behind the Red Curtain (29:17)
I Had Bad Milk in Dehradun (28:11)

Can't wait!
Old 11-09-2017, 10:38 AM   #203
The Fly

Is anyone out there reading The Final Dossier?

I have, but my only issue is with the very first entry.

Let me say first that I love The Final Dossier. It was a much needed dose of TP's for those of us going through withdrawal after Season 3 wrapped up. In fact, I was surprised to see that it even extended the story beyond the series. Well, there are a lot of things to like about it but that's not the reason for my post.

Leo Johnson.

It's the first entry and while Albert's autopsy report is informative and hilarious, I have to say I don't understand why Frost has Earle finishing Leo off with gunshots. It certainly doesn't appear likely from what we see in the episode, where Earle clearly leaves Leo to the mercy of the spider cage. I suppose, Frost is trying to fix the silliness of tarantulas being a threat to Leo, but it only makes it worse when he has Albert write that Earle is too stupid to know that tarantulas aren't lethally poisonous. First off, Earle was brilliant and that particular piece of knowledge about tarantulas is fairly common. Not to mention, even if Earle didn't know this, he surely would have researched it (how long would that take?) before constructing his death-trap-cage. So the whole premise doesn't work for me.

It seems like there would have been a better way to handle Leo's demise. But, does it really matter? No, of course. Just a curiosity at the end of the day.