Twin Peaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really hope Kyle McG comes back as Cooper.

If Kyle McG doesn't come back, then my trepidations will begin. Thanks to Psych, I'm fairly confident that most of the cast is willing to return.
Yes! Plus, I had heard that Kyle was possibly going to be on Agents of Shield which unless I missed something, that hasn't happened. I wouldn't be surprised if he cleared out his calendar.

Kyle appeared on Agents of Shield last week
(and by the looks of it, is probably going to have a significant role on that show, for this season at the very least).

I'm pretty confident he'll be on Twin Peaks. Lynch and him have been pretty tight from the start.

I really, really hope I'm right about this. Agent Cooper is one of my favorite television characters ever. Kyle Maclachlan did an outstanding job of portraying him. My anticipation of this would certainly dim a tad if we got it sans Kyle Maclachlan.

Alright, so I just watched the pilot episode of Twin Peaks (I have never seen a second of the show) and I'm not gonna lie, that probably wasn't the best thing to start at midnight.

Also, I recognize the biker fella from somewhere but I can't place him.

Alright, so I just watched the pilot episode of Twin Peaks (I have never seen a second of the show) and I'm not gonna lie, that probably wasn't the best thing to start at midnight.

Also, I recognize the biker fella from somewhere but I can't place him.

Yeah. Tough show to start that late in the evening.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not just that, it was also a fucking hour and a half, which I did not realize was possible for a network television show.

There are many times throughout the series where you will be in disbelief that this show aired on ABC in 1990.

That would be great if Truman was back too. I would assume Laura's character would return as well. It's too bad that the actors that played Bob and Major Briggs are dead.

Other characters I want to see return:

Log Lady
Leland Palmer (most likely his doppelganger)
Leo Johnson
Big Ed
Norma
Ben Horn

That's a HUGE bummer that Bob passed, I didn't realize that. Jack Nance has passed away, as well :(.

Show spoiler, Peef:
Though as I recall, didn't they kill his character off at some point near the end?
EDIT: Yeah, like I thought, he was in the bank when it exploded. Obviously they didn't TELL us what happened with that, but I'm assuming now, they'll use it to kill off the characters.

That's a HUGE bummer that Bob passed, I didn't realize that. Jack Nance has passed away, as well :(.

Show spoiler, Peef:
Though as I recall, didn't they kill his character off at some point near the end?

They actually didn't. In the finale, Sara Palmer tells Agent Briggs that Cooper is in the Black Lodge at the diner. Maybe they'll write it in the story that Briggs misteriously disappeared on a top secret mission (trying to get Cooper out of the Black Lodge)

They actually didn't. In the finale, Sara Palmer tells Agent Briggs that Cooper is in the Black Lodge at the diner. Maybe they'll write it in the story that Briggs misteriously disappeared on a top secret mission (trying to get Cooper out of the Black Lodge)

Sorry, I was referring to Jack Nance's character, not Briggs.

Not just that, it was also a fucking hour and a half, which I did not realize was possible for a network television show.

The pilot was shot as a TV movie. Were it not picked up for series, bits from Episode 3 would have been the ending.

The pilot was shot as a TV movie. Were it not picked up for series, bits from Episode 3 would have been the ending.

Oh that's right. Totally forgot about that alternate ending.

Seriously though, one of my favorite lines of the show is one of the first lines in the series:

Pete: She's dead, wrapped in plastic

Harry: Where?

I just love that he asks "Where" instead of "who".

Seriously though, one of my favorite lines of the show is one of the first lines in the series:

Pete: She's dead, wrapped in plastic

Harry: Where?

I just love that he asks "Where" instead of "who".

Nance's line itself got me hooked right from the start. The oddness of the line, but especially his delivery. It was obvious from the start this was going to be like nothing else on TV.

I thought he died in a bar fight.

Nance died because of a brawl at a doughnut shop, but he didn't die at the doughnut shop. He died hours later from a hematoma caused by injuries from the brawl.

Apparently was drunk as shit though.

Last edited:
Nance died because of a brawl at a doughnut shop, but he didn't die at the doughnut shop. He died hours later from a hematoma caused by injuries from the brawl.

Apparently was drunk as shit though.

It was because a fish got caught in the percolator.

Back
Top Bottom