Twin Peaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like the Showtime deal is off. Lynch has contacted the cast members that the revival is cancelled.

This has to be a precedent. They had a teaser, a press conference with Kyle MacLachlan, a book coming out by Mark Frost... how did they manage to fuck this up??

Edit: It seems now that Lynch is the one leaving, while the show could go on. Which makes it even worse.

Edit: It seems now that Lynch is the one leaving, while the show could go on. Which makes it even worse.

Absolutely. Fucking horrible news.

REPORT: 'Twin Peaks' revival canceled by Showtime - Business Insider

Dear Friends, Showtime did not pull the plug on Twin Peaks. After 1 year and 4 months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done. This weekend I started to call actors to let them know I would not be directing. Twin Peaks may still be very much alive at Showtime. I love the world of Twin Peaks and wish things could have worked out differently.

That's my friend on the right with the waxed moustache.

But yeah I'm not sure why so many people thought this was going to be a slam dunk anyway. Lynch has been inconsistent for a while, and it just reeks of a desperate, creatively bankrupt move.

I guess I'm just saying that Inland Empire + his musical diversions didn't make me confident he was going to deliver a coherent/exceptional series of episodes.

I mean, am I misunderstanding. Did he NOT back out because he was being greedy?

Sent from my SM-G900T using U2 Interference mobile app

I guess I'm just saying that Inland Empire + his musical diversions didn't make me confident he was going to deliver a coherent/exceptional series of episodes.

What do his "musical diversions" have to do with his film work? :lol:

I'm sure Scorsese would put out a shit album if he tried.

I mean, am I misunderstanding. Did he NOT back out because he was being greedy?

Sent from my SM-G900T using U2 Interference mobile app

His explanation is that he needs more money to do the scripts justice. The cast is backing him up on this.

Unlike the X-Files revival, I think this has a lot of potential. Frost and Lynch are a powerful team, the scripts are already written and Lynch's direction and on-set improvisation can work wonders. Inland Empire was excellent in my book.

His explanation is that he needs more money to do the scripts justice. The cast is backing him up on this.

Unlike the X-Files revival, I think this has a lot of potential. Frost and Lynch are a powerful team, the scripts are already written and Lynch's direction and on-set improvisation can work wonders. Inland Empire was excellent in my book.

I'm not sure what about this show has ever demanded a huge budget. It worked within the constraints of what they had before. If he had a larger budget now, I'd say it's a guarantee the show jumped the shark.

I'm not sure what about this show has ever demanded a huge budget. It worked within the constraints of what they had before. If he had a larger budget now, I'd say it's a guarantee the show jumped the shark.

Location shooting, huge cast and crew, a perfectionist director relying on improvisation and spontaniety (causing more shooting time), probably lots of effects... I'd say it's bound to be more expensive than the usual series.

We have no idea how it would look like. Twin Peaks was hardly some kind of a low-budget show. However, every episode outside of the pilot was shot on set in LA, which significantly reduced the costs. Lynch and Frost insist on doing it on location, which is crucial in making the mood and the atmosphere as potent as it was in pilot and Fire Walk With Me. The pilot was actually pretty expensive for its time. And of course, one has to take inflation into account.

The Twin Peaks pilot has always been overrated. It's about the equivalent of having five orgasms at once, not six.

That's a relief.

Now throw this nonsense over money into oblivion by making a great set of episodes.

I really, really doubt Lynch gives a shit about "relevancy".

Lynch realized it may be his last chance for any relevancy.

How has he not been relevant lately? Inland Empire and Mulholland Drive are both considered masterpieces in a lot of circles and his influence on the art world has only increased substantially over the years...

Just started rewatching this after literally not seeing a frame since its Australian TV airing 24 years ago. Mildly freaked out to recognise that the doc, and Laura Palmer's mother, both appeared together not very many years later as Susan's chronically inebriated parents on Seinfeld.

Back
Top Bottom