Twin Peaks - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-14-2011, 07:54 AM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Pity about the shitty second season. (save for the series finale, which freaked my shit RIGHT OUT.)
Worst Series Finale ever

It made me

It was even worse than the way Crime Story and Dallas ended.
__________________

__________________
80sU2isBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #32
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Now are you saying that because of the way it left you hanging, or are you referring to the episode on its own merit?
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Now are you saying that because of the way it left you hanging, or are you referring to the episode on its own merit?
On its own merit.

I hated it because
 
I always want the good guy to win and also, I really liked Agent Cooper. To have Bob enter him disgusted me
.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #34
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,005
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
This movie isn't very good? I've heard mixed reactions. Like it's the Tales From Topographic Oceans of Lynchian wank. I'm still interested in it, although there are other flicks of his that I'm more curious about.
It doesn't hold a candle to Mulholland Dr.
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #35
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
It doesn't hold a candle to Mulholland Dr.
Few things do.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #36
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sU2isBest View Post
On its own merit.

I hated it because
 
I always want the good guy to win and also, I really liked Agent Cooper. To have Bob enter him disgusted me
.
So the finale was bad because you like when the good guy wins? Maybe the finale was incredible, but, made you upset, would that be more accurate? Or did you think it was poorly executed AND found yourself frustrated because 1 show out of 100 allows the good guy to have something bad happen?
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #37
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 10:29 AM
I have to say, I don't think the good guy would have lost, had the show continued.

Coop made a sacrifice of love, wasn't that the key to reaching the White Lodge? I'm sure an exploration of this would have occurred, leading, eventually, to some sort of destruction of Bob, or Bob's hold over Coop. Whether Coop would've survived it or not, I don't know, but regardless, I find the possibilities thrilling.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:43 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
So the finale was bad because you like when the good guy wins? Maybe the finale was incredible, but, made you upset, would that be more accurate? Or did you think it was poorly executed AND found yourself frustrated because 1 show out of 100 allows the good guy to have something bad happen?
Ease up, no need to analyze. I gave my opinion about the series finale of a TV show; that's all I did.

I think the finale was made after they knew it was canceled. That's why it made me mad; if I thought it was originally intended to be "just a season cliffhanger", I wouldn't have liked the episode but I wouldn't have been angry.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I have to say, I don't think the good guy would have lost, had the show continued.

Coop made a sacrifice of love, wasn't that the key to reaching the White Lodge? I'm sure an exploration of this would have occurred, leading, eventually, to some sort of destruction of Bob, or Bob's hold over Coop. Whether Coop would've survived it or not, I don't know, but regardless, I find the possibilities thrilling.
I think the finale was made after they knew it was canceled. The thought that they did this to us on purpose is what made me mad; if I thought it was originally intended to be "just a season cliffhanger", I wouldn't have liked the episode but I wouldn't have been angry.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:18 AM   #40
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sU2isBest View Post
On its own merit.

I hated it because
 
I always want the good guy to win and also, I really liked Agent Cooper. To have Bob enter him disgusted me
.
someone should have told you about David Lynch.

and as for worst ever, Lost is right up at the top of the list.
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:29 AM   #41
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sU2isBest View Post
Ease up, no need to analyze. I gave my opinion about the series finale of a TV show; that's all I did.

I think the finale was made after they knew it was canceled. That's why it made me mad; if I thought it was originally intended to be "just a season cliffhanger", I wouldn't have liked the episode but I wouldn't have been angry.
Yes, you gave your opinion, in incredibly large and colorful font, and then I asked you a question or two. Sorry if you also dislike questions.

As for no need to analyze, if a simple question or two represents "analysis" then, yeah, we're done here. My bad.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:59 AM   #42
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,810
Local Time: 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sU2isBest

I think the finale was made after they knew it was canceled. The thought that they did this to us on purpose is what made me mad; if I thought it was originally intended to be "just a season cliffhanger", I wouldn't have liked the episode but I wouldn't have been angry.
This is false. The final six episodes were completed well before the hiatus was announced. Therefore, they couldn't have known to make the sort of finale you're describing. You don't write a finale like that in such a short time frame. The show was massive through the end of the Laura Palmer arc, so how could they have written a finale in such a small window?

Besides, the writers have stated that they had no set purpose in mind for what happened to Cooper because they typically wrote by the seat of their pants...there was no anti-fan conspiracy going on with the ending, as if they were going out in some fiery blaze of glory. In fact, they were very open about using the Twin Peaks alt.tv fan page response to craft episodes.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:07 AM   #43
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,665
Local Time: 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sU2isBest View Post
Ease up, no need to analyze. I gave my opinion about the series finale of a TV show; that's all I did.
Gold.
__________________
Lancemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:48 AM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Yes, you gave your opinion, in incredibly large and colorful font,
Didn't change the color; it's the default color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
and then I asked you a question or two. Sorry if you also dislike questions.

As for no need to analyze, if a simple question or two represents "analysis" then, yeah, we're done here. My bad.
For the record, I didn't object to any part of yur message except this:

"found yourself frustrated because 1 show out of 100 allows the good guy to have something bad happen?"

However,I did overreact to that. I apologize.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
This is false. The final six episodes were completed well before the hiatus was announced.
I'm glad to know they didn't do it on purpose, thanks for the info.

However, my statement is technically not false. I wrote that "I think the finale was made after they knew it was canceled". It's not false that I did think that.
__________________

__________________
80sU2isBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com