Twin Peaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now are you saying that because of the way it left you hanging, or are you referring to the episode on its own merit?

Now are you saying that because of the way it left you hanging, or are you referring to the episode on its own merit?
On its own merit.

I hated it because
I always want the good guy to win and also, I really liked Agent Cooper. To have Bob enter him disgusted me

On its own merit.

I hated it because
I always want the good guy to win and also, I really liked Agent Cooper. To have Bob enter him disgusted me

So the finale was bad because you like when the good guy wins? Maybe the finale was incredible, but, made you upset, would that be more accurate? Or did you think it was poorly executed AND found yourself frustrated because 1 show out of 100 allows the good guy to have something bad happen?

I have to say, I don't think the good guy would have lost, had the show continued.

Coop made a sacrifice of love, wasn't that the key to reaching the White Lodge? I'm sure an exploration of this would have occurred, leading, eventually, to some sort of destruction of Bob, or Bob's hold over Coop. Whether Coop would've survived it or not, I don't know, but regardless, I find the possibilities thrilling.

So the finale was bad because you like when the good guy wins? Maybe the finale was incredible, but, made you upset, would that be more accurate? Or did you think it was poorly executed AND found yourself frustrated because 1 show out of 100 allows the good guy to have something bad happen?
Ease up, no need to analyze. I gave my opinion about the series finale of a TV show; that's all I did.

I think the finale was made after they knew it was canceled. That's why it made me mad; if I thought it was originally intended to be "just a season cliffhanger", I wouldn't have liked the episode but I wouldn't have been angry.

I have to say, I don't think the good guy would have lost, had the show continued.

Coop made a sacrifice of love, wasn't that the key to reaching the White Lodge? I'm sure an exploration of this would have occurred, leading, eventually, to some sort of destruction of Bob, or Bob's hold over Coop. Whether Coop would've survived it or not, I don't know, but regardless, I find the possibilities thrilling.

I think the finale was made after they knew it was canceled. The thought that they did this to us on purpose is what made me mad; if I thought it was originally intended to be "just a season cliffhanger", I wouldn't have liked the episode but I wouldn't have been angry.

On its own merit.

I hated it because

someone should have told you about David Lynch.

and as for worst ever, Lost is right up at the top of the list.

Ease up, no need to analyze. I gave my opinion about the series finale of a TV show; that's all I did.

I think the finale was made after they knew it was canceled. That's why it made me mad; if I thought it was originally intended to be "just a season cliffhanger", I wouldn't have liked the episode but I wouldn't have been angry.

Yes, you gave your opinion, in incredibly large and colorful font, and then I asked you a question or two. Sorry if you also dislike questions.

As for no need to analyze, if a simple question or two represents "analysis" then, yeah, we're done here. My bad.

80sU2isBest said:
I think the finale was made after they knew it was canceled. The thought that they did this to us on purpose is what made me mad; if I thought it was originally intended to be "just a season cliffhanger", I wouldn't have liked the episode but I wouldn't have been angry.

This is false. The final six episodes were completed well before the hiatus was announced. Therefore, they couldn't have known to make the sort of finale you're describing. You don't write a finale like that in such a short time frame. The show was massive through the end of the Laura Palmer arc, so how could they have written a finale in such a small window?

Besides, the writers have stated that they had no set purpose in mind for what happened to Cooper because they typically wrote by the seat of their pants...there was no anti-fan conspiracy going on with the ending, as if they were going out in some fiery blaze of glory. In fact, they were very open about using the Twin Peaks alt.tv fan page response to craft episodes.

Yes, you gave your opinion, in incredibly large and colorful font,

Didn't change the color; it's the default color.

and then I asked you a question or two. Sorry if you also dislike questions.

As for no need to analyze, if a simple question or two represents "analysis" then, yeah, we're done here. My bad.

For the record, I didn't object to any part of yur message except this:

"found yourself frustrated because 1 show out of 100 allows the good guy to have something bad happen?"

However,I did overreact to that. I apologize.

This is false. The final six episodes were completed well before the hiatus was announced.

I'm glad to know they didn't do it on purpose, thanks for the info.

However, my statement is technically not false. I wrote that "I think the finale was made after they knew it was canceled". It's not false that I did think that. ;)

I know who Steve Winwood is. But beyond that, I have no idea what you folks are talking about.

I knew there was no place called Baja in Canada, so I had to Google what you were talking about and I came up with this definition for Baja-Canada:

The mainland 48 United States

I get the idea that you folks are trying to lead me on a wild goose chase, right?

Well, it worked. First thinking NSW meant something besides New South Wales, I Googled it. It doesn't mean anything besides New South Wales.

Then, you gave me "No Steve Winwood" and that was a red herring, as well.

Well, ya got me.

Luckily, I am a moderately-fast typist and didn't waste too much time looking for this non-existent info.

But still, it worked.

I can no longer sit idly by. I must help.

NSW = abbreviation for No Spoken Words, one of the posters in this thread.

you left out
that NSW is a target for some (whipping boy would be a bit much)
and some chastise him for being a Christ-killer, (which, I am indifferent to)

this is all, inside baseball

the Catholic church got 10s? or 100s? of thousands of the chosen people.

you guys only got one * , awfully big of him to absolve you.

* the blaming for the crucifixion thing was always total bullshit anyways,
would they have preferred no crucifixion?
no forgiveness of our sins?
no resurrection?
no Christian faith?

Jesus lives a full life and dies of sun-stoke passed out on a fishing boat?
of course it would not have been his fault, he left shore with 4 bottles of water, (that turned to wine).

Back
Top Bottom