True Detective.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
r-TRUE-DETECTIVE-TRAILER-large570.jpg

McConaughey > Sherlock > Batman > Encyclopedia Brown > that guy with the weird mustache on PBS > Columbo > Pink Panther > Great Mouse Detective

True Detective

Man, this was really good. It's definitely operating on a more complex level than the standard whodunit. McConaughey's character is fascinating. I really want to know what pushed him over the edge and caused him to stop cutting his hair.

Also, Lester and Brother Mouzone!

Did McConaughey take his shirt off?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Even the play on the old HBO slogan? :sad: Just when you think you're being the slightest bit clever.

I watched it last night. It wasn't what I expected (not that I knew what I was expecting). I wasn't blown away, but I am definitely intrigued.

LOVE the opening music from The Handsome Family and nice to see them getting some attention. They live here and tend to be everyone's opening act.

Liked the first episode a lot, will stick with it.

I've been really disappointed lately in Hollywood and television networks for the great dearth of murder mystery/serial killer stories, so this sounds like a breath of fresh air.

All things considered, even though this genre is the last thing I want to keep seeing, this show seems quality enough. Will watch.

Well I missed the first five minutes, so the framing device threw me for a loop for a while. Still, hated the first half hour, am hesitantly on board by the end. Some of the ways these characters are being drawn are ludicrously lame. But these actors are two of my favorites, and seem to be killing it, so that's good. Anyway, the whole 15 year thing they're playing with is intriguing, and it's mildly creepy stuff so far. My only fear is the whole series is going to be this fucking humorless, but whatever.

Why would you watch the pilot episode of a show and not watch the first five minutes? That seems very strange to me.

Because it happened to be on HBO and I turned my tv on at 10:05? Anyway, it didn't take a genius to fill in whatever might have happened in the opening.

Fair. It makes sense if it's something you don't really care that much about. Just saying in this day and age, with On Demand, and HBO GO, and the internet and all that, it seems weird to voluntarily miss the opening sequence of something. It's not like there's no other way of catching it. If I'm taking the time, I might as well do it right.

I guess I just care about TV as much as shouter cares about the NBA.

I mean, I would have sought it out that way eventually, but it just happened to be on at the time, and I usually try not to watch things this way, but felt like hey what the hell

I checked in 10 minutes or so after it started as well, and haven't had the chance to go back and watch the first few minutes yet.

I think you will find a re-watch, just for the opening few minutes more than worth the time. The writer and director set up a lot in those few minutes.

I liked the whole hour and felt it worked well. The opening is real strong, without it the first half would not have as much impact.

Back
Top Bottom