True Detective.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't seen a single episode in full... But curiosity got the best of me and I checked out that dream sequence everybody seemed to be talking about.

It made me laugh. What a shamelessly desperate Lynch rip-off. I'm surprised they actually didn't cast Dean Stockwell to be the singer.

It's obvious more than ever that Fukunaga made this show great in season 1.

I watched the shootout. Didn't find it more impressive than the epic tracking shot shootout from Season 1, but I haven't actually seen a full episode of 2 so I can't fully judge.

I hope no one was expecting it to compete with the tracking shot.

I'm still on board because my Sundays are boring, but we are halfway through this season and it still hasn't done anything for me. I mean the shootout was entertaining, but this story has like zero intrigue. The first season's ending was a little disappointing but that doesn't take away from how well they handled the build up. This season's story just feels like they took a network TV cop show script and said "What if we add in the characters all being miserable?"

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The shootout was pretty cool, watching Detective McSloppy take it in the head caused me to LOL. Had a realistc feel as the 3 main characters seemed terrified during it rather than the old cliche Rambo type bravado you usually see on display.
But it really seems like the story has a lot of progressing left to do in the final 4 episodes, still seems to be moving too slowly.
But overall I'm enjoying it. Certainly not up to season 1 standards as yet, but that's a lofty goal.

We're halfway through and I only vaguely understand what is happening with the actual crime plot. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here:

Vince Vaughn was working with corrupt politicians including Dead Guy to finance a deal that would create a monorail line. Part of that deal *overhead shot of highway* included possibly buying up land around the area of the monorail that hasn't been developed because of toxic waste, and if we were to infer, likely wiping clean the EPA records of that land so that it can be developed on without environmental issues rearing their ugly heads. But Dead Guy got killed with all of Vaughn's money in his pocket. The rest of the politicians who are dirty don't want much getting dug up *overhead shot of highway* because their own backroom dealings could surface. The only ones who want answers to what actually happened are our three hero cops and Vaughn, who wants to know what happened to his money. Now we've got this gang banger on the hook *overhead shot of highway* since he was seen pawning Dead Guy's shit, a convenient development for any of Dead Guy's political connections, and now they're dead in a *overhead shot of highway* bloodbath. Is that basically it?

You forgot 2 overhead shots of the freeway, but otherwise pretty much.

And the big key to the land deals is something about there being guaranteed government cost overruns, the last true pork barrell outside of defense spending.

The shootout was pretty cool, watching Detective McSloppy take it in the head caused me to LOL. Had a realistc feel as the 3 main characters seemed terrified during it rather than the old cliche Rambo type bravado you usually see on display.
But it really seems like the story has a lot of progressing left to do in the final 4 episodes, still seems to be moving too slowly.
But overall I'm enjoying it. Certainly not up to season 1 standards as yet, but that's a lofty goal.

It sucks that he got killed. I was having so much fun saying "Have you seen my baseball?" every time he appeared on screen. :wink:

I actually really like Colin Farrell's performance so far. I won't compare this version of TD to the first season. It's kind of tough to match up against Double M and Woody. There's a proven chemistry with those two.

Last edited:
We're halfway through and I only vaguely understand what is happening with the actual crime plot. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here:

Vince Vaughn was working with corrupt politicians including Dead Guy to finance a deal that would create a monorail line. Part of that deal *overhead shot of highway* included possibly buying up land around the area of the monorail that hasn't been developed because of toxic waste, and if we were to infer, likely wiping clean the EPA records of that land so that it can be developed on without environmental issues rearing their ugly heads. But Dead Guy got killed with all of Vaughn's money in his pocket. The rest of the politicians who are dirty don't want much getting dug up *overhead shot of highway* because their own backroom dealings could surface. The only ones who want answers to what actually happened are our three hero cops and Vaughn, who wants to know what happened to his money. Now we've got this gang banger on the hook *overhead shot of highway* since he was seen pawning Dead Guy's shit, a convenient development for any of Dead Guy's political connections, and now they're dead in a *overhead shot of highway* bloodbath. Is that basically it?

Was it a set up (them going in there to nab the pimp)? Because they made a point to say backup was going to be a while, then one officer asks shouldn't we wait for backup, and Bezzerides replies with --Bosses said to take 'em now--.

Seemed like a set up to me. Like 3 main heroes are getting too close so let's take 'em out, it'll look like drug/gang busy gone wrong, and our asses will lose the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I would definitely say it was a setup. Before the police could do anything, they were shot at. The bad guys were waiting for them to arrive. I'm sure that will be discussed in the upcoming episode.

I've got blue balls in my heart...or something.

This show is entertaining on so many levels. I don't even know what those levels are anymore. I like it - i can't stop watching - it's bad - im a horrible person - etc.

who needs laughing gas anymore?

I love that they basically just grunt out vague ideas about the actual investigation so that they can get back to talking about how much they hate themselves and the world.

And Bezzerides is back to regular cigarettes, surprised since both Velcoro and Woodrugh made mention of the e-cigs previously neither said anything about the switch back.

CJ6BtGvW8AArJnC.jpg

I just really like big dicks. Yeah. It's not just length. Everybody's always talkin' length, but it's fine. I mean, girth, too. I really want to have trouble handcuffing the thing.

Back
Top Bottom