True Detective.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, it's a self-contained season.

Just saying, next season will feature a new cast, new story, new director….you'll be checking at least one episode out. Because it will make GAF happy.

Even if making GAF happy is 4,534th on your to-do list, it'll be worth it. He needs support. Sometimes he gets sad. True Detective makes him happy. It makes me happy.

I'm worried about the last episode. Since it's an anthology and the Season 2 characters will be new, Marty or Rust or both could die. :(

I purchased the story collection The King In Yellow by Robert W. Chambers, which was apparently a huge influence on Season 1.

May try to read all of it before watching the finale.

2f02171a-2998-4f79-940e-d03825779213_zps787c015e.jpg

From the dusty mesa
Her looming shadow grows
Hidden in the branches
Of the poison tree of souls

...is what I thought the song said.

Just looked it up and all the lyric sites have it as:

From the dusty May sun
Her looming shadow grows
Hidden in the branches
Of the poison creosote

I had no idea that creosote was a thing.

Anyway, I can do a killer cover of the song now.

If you heard it, your senses would suddenly become perfectly clear, like the opposite of The King In Yellow.

The headbutts heard round the world! Yes! That sequence in The Yella King's labyrinthian fortress was fucking frightening and so so good.

So happy that our two detectives made it. And I loved their final moments under the stars. Rust's speech is a beautiful and poignant slant on death and life and love. I'll remember that one for a long time. The light's winning.

I do think that the season will be remembered most for its 4th and 5th episodes, which were just about the best one-two punch of episodes I've ever seen on TV. This was a great ending, though. Ahhhhhh.

True Detective.

I'm biased and have loved this show from the jump so the fact that I also loved the finale was almost a given. Rust's speech was wonderfully unexpected and all the more potent for it.

Carcosa freaked me out.

They pushed every right button to freak me out during that hunt through the Yellow King's house/lair, because if I were Rust and Marty there would have been no fucking way I was going in there.

...The creator said a number of times that the show had supernatural thinking, not supernatural reality, but I still loved the suggestion of the star-portal vision of Rust's right before the final struggle.

I watched the whole series this weekend, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The advice I'd heard was to not binge and let each episode sit for a while, but I disagree- a lot of the theories that came up over the last 2 months just skimmed right past me and I think I was able to enjoy this season more for what it was trying to do rather than what fans had expected.

Part of me thinks Rust should have died, but yeah his monologue was pretty damned powerful.

Can't say this quite hit the level of making this OMG BEST SHOW EVAR but a rewatch would be welcome.

I'm biased and have loved this show from the jump so the fact that I also loved the finale was almost a given. Rust's speech was wonderfully unexpected and all the more potent for it.

I felt the same way. MM and Woody did an awesome job on the show. The plot for the series was good, but the performances by MM and Woody enhanced it greatly.

Episode was really creepy. They did a great job of creating a dark atmosphere throughout the series.

In the end it didn't exactly live up to the hype that was created by episodes 4 and 5 and all the crazy theories that came with them. It was just the dude on the lawnmower, almost a cliché. But it was always more about the two true detectives. The fantastic acting made sure that was satisfying enough. I'm impressed overal.

Lots was good but I'm a bit unsatisfied.

Are there more cultists out there? Who else was one? Will they do it again? Why were there so few discovered bodies and yet a mass grave near the site?

Cohle's speech was great, and I loved his pseudo-religious experiences with the vortex and then the shot of his reflection in space while in hospital.

But the big conspiracy. I want more on that.

Back
Top Bottom