True Detective.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True Detective.

And while I have heard more than one person echo YLB's sentiment regarding wanting more levity, I for one am glad there is none. Don't need it, plenty of other places to get it, past or present. IN MY OPINION.

Also, while I certainly enjoyed the True Detective shoot-out more than Breaking Bad's, I for the life of me cannot understand what one thing has to do with the other.

Lastly, agreed with GAF that Rust wandering the abandoned school was eerie as fuck.

I'm about a week behind (just finished episode 5) so I haven't been in this thread lately.

What does one thing have to do with the other? Oh, I don't know, they're both highly-acclaimed crime TV shows, and the episode in question has an intense climax where the protagonist storms some stronghold where he's vastly outnumbered. There's also the white supremacist angle, though they weren't the group in charge of the stash house.

I'm a little surprised you all think it's odd to compare/contrast the two.

Caught up with this show in three days. Wasn't completely sold after the first episode but I was after the second. The fourth was the best so far.

ok, caught up.

4 and 5 were better than 6. but, still, all good stuff.

i think this is very much "Girl/Dragon Tattoo" territory. and after watching Woody pummel those boys in jail, maybe he's the one they've been looking for.

also, the Verizon chick feels like a setup. or just an excuse for HBO to show more boobs.

after last night's episode (7)

there is one left, number 8.

Then this series is over, no more Cohle or Hart, these guys are gone.

Hours after winning the Best Actor Oscar for Dallas Buyers Club, Matthew McConaughey announced that he wouldn't be returning to the second season of HBO's critically acclaimed crime drama True Detective, according to E!

"Season One was finite," McConaughey told the media backstage at the award show Sunday night.

Oscars 2014: The 25 Best and Worst Moments

HBO has yet to officially confirm a second season of the show, though Nic Pizzolatto, the show's creator, told Rolling Stone that he's already started writing the next season. (Like the first season, the author has eschewed a writing team in favor of writing the entire season himself.) "I've got three characters I love right now, and they're all unique, and neither of them is Cohle or Hart," he says.

The debut of the show's eight-episode run, which introduced McConaughey and Woody Harrelson as two Louisiana homicide detectives searching for a serial killer, was the network's highest-rated debut since 2010's Boardwalk Empire with 2.3 million viewers.

Read more: Matthew McConaughey Not Returning for 'True Detective' Season 2 | Movies News | Rolling Stone
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

I just found out. Sorry deep.

Up to now I've been just enjoying the thing without reading any extraneous articles about it.

I feel I may not like season 2 as much, but have no real reason for that I guess..you'd think if he can cast so brilliantly for season 1..he should be able to for season 2 also..

I can't see how the whole thing is going to wind up in one episode, though..

After all the horrified reactions of people talking about "the man with the scars," that dude's face wasn't all that horrific.

I mean, I know the people were horrified because he was fucking creepy, not because he was the Phantom of the Opera or something, but still ... I was expecting something gnarlier.

Yeah I thought that too..I was thinking, oh, there's the dude that cuts the grass at the creepy school. And, indeed, he said he cuts the grass at all the creepy schools (or something to that effect).

Now I need to go back and rewatch that episode! :angry:

^ Seconded. I want to go back and see if I missed that in the earlier episode. Might have been the way the camera was angled or whatever, and then they did pan over to highlight the scars more recently.

It was odd to me because the way the people who had seen him described the scars..I just thought they'd be a bit more hideous/obvious. But it totally makes sense why he hasn't been seen much..he's out there in remote graveyards and abandoned schools cuttin grass all day. Pretty loner type job.

true-detective-01.jpg

It's the detective's curse, man. You miss what's right under your nose.

I haven't paid close enough attention to all the episodes, apparently.

I've enjoyed this enough, but not enough to keep me watching for a second season.

Back
Top Bottom