True Detective.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you will find a re-watch, just for the opening few minutes more than worth the time. The writer and director set up a lot in those few minutes.

I liked the whole hour and felt it worked well. The opening is real strong, without it the first half would not have as much impact.

Yeah I checked it out again last night and made it almost all the way through before falling asleep. The show was good...I was just really tired. I woke up in time to catch the 'new rules' segment on Real Time

:D

Tiredness was my foe the first time thru, and I nodded off only to wake up the next day thinking that maybe I had been underwhelmed. I watched it all the way through the second time and agree that it's looking very promising so far.

Oh wow, HBO. Well done. They waited all the way to the second episode to add in the gratuitous sex. I applaud their restraint.

The gratuitous boob shots aside, I'm quite impressed by this show. Very creepy, and, wow, when did MM become this amazing actor?

I liked this episode as much as the first, if not more. Totally hooked, on the atmosphere as well as wanting to know more about Cohle's background as well as what drove him and Hart apart.

Dug how they handled Cohle's "visions" too.

Yeah, I liked this episode loads more than the premiere, myself, so I'm more onboard than ever.

Two weeks in, and I was already looking at the time while watching the show, cursing the fact that I knew it would be over soon and I'd have to wait a week for more. Good stuff. Some of the shots / locals in Louisiana (if that's where they actually filmed) are awesome.

The woman that got naked in this episode is really hot and she has a great body and I liked that a lot.

yes, totally. it's nice to see magical realism that isn't Life of Pi hoo-ha. the birds at the end were amazing, what a shot!

Some of the shots / locals in Louisiana (if that's where they actually filmed) are awesome.

agreed, the supporting cast -- like, the actual townsfolk/locals feel so authentic and lived-in.

yes, totally. it's nice to see magical realism that isn't Life of Pi hoo-ha. the birds at the end were amazing, what a shot!

agreed, the supporting cast -- like, the actual townsfolk/locals feel so authentic and lived-in.

I have to go back and look, but I think the birds formed the shape that was on the victim's back…..

I liked this episode as much as the first, if not more. Totally hooked, on the atmosphere as well as wanting to know more about Cohle's background as well as what drove him and Hart apart.

This exactly.

Oh wow, HBO. Well done. They waited all the way to the second episode to add in the gratuitous sex. I applaud their restraint.

This is HBO, it isn't "gratuitous" c'mon you know this by now, it's called "sexposition", which is a pretty great double portmanteau.

I'm not an expert on Louisiana, Police work, gas masks or machetes….but something tells me the dude that shows up at the end of this most recent episode is bad news.

I just want to know if its possible to love two women at the same time, while running over pink bicycles?

Liquor store near my house has had a spike in Lone Star and Camel sales.

Finally caught up with Episode 2.

Great stuff.

wolf-eyes-pop-out.png

Back
Top Bottom