True Detective.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The headbutts heard round the world! Yes! That sequence in The Yella King's labyrinthian fortress was fucking frightening and so so good.

So happy that our two detectives made it. And I loved their final moments under the stars. Rust's speech is a beautiful and poignant slant on death and life and love. I'll remember that one for a long time. The light's winning.

I do think that the season will be remembered most for its 4th and 5th episodes, which were just about the best one-two punch of episodes I've ever seen on TV. This was a great ending, though. Ahhhhhh.

True Detective.

You said it.. Completely agree! :up: now who will get that emmy?

Never been a huge fan of either Woody or Matthew but this show and their performances were the absolute best I have ever seen.

After all the horrified reactions of people talking about "the man with the scars," that dude's face wasn't all that horrific.

I mean, I know the people were horrified because he was fucking creepy, not because he was the Phantom of the Opera or something, but still ... I was expecting something gnarlier.

I said the same thing when I saw it, "That's it?"
facial hair... the oldest trick in the book!

:lol:, I barely even remember that guy and yet all of you picked up on it. I'm sad, I'm usually good at details like that.

I heard it and I am now speaking with an owl.

Back off.

Part of me thinks Rust should have died, but yeah his monologue was pretty damned powerful.

Can't say this quite hit the level of making this OMG BEST SHOW EVAR but a rewatch would be welcome.

I loved the speech as well, but him not dying was incredibly unrealistic. But then I realized, he wanted to die, in a way. Him living is actually a bigger thing.

Well, other than making the HUGE MISTAKE of trying to eat my dinner while watching the first 5 minutes :barf: I pretty much loved everything about this episode.

:lol:, Travis had the exact same thing happen at the beginning of the episode. He'd went to grab some food and then came back and we started the episode and he was like, "Oh...uh...no."

Whatevs, you now call it it "making flowers".

and another :lol:
Episode was really creepy. They did a great job of creating a dark atmosphere throughout the series.

In the end it didn't exactly live up to the hype that was created by episodes 4 and 5 and all the crazy theories that came with them. It was just the dude on the lawnmower, almost a cliché. But it was always more about the two true detectives. The fantastic acting made sure that was satisfying enough. I'm impressed overal.

Yeah, but the dude on the lawnmower was really creepy. I'm sad they didn't spend more time with him. He wasn't cliched creepy, he was supervillain creepy. What was with the accents, for one thing?

I figured some guy was going to hand them a couple of badges that said TRUE DETECTIVE on them, so the ending we got was better.

I feel that woody was better as he had bigger range in the shower. But mm will win it as his character is so much more interesting

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Brad Pitt for Season 2???

Holy fuck, there couldn't be a better casting. Please happen. Please. Probably bullshit, but that would be so cool.

Nevermind, I'm high and got tricked by the internet.

The first season of this show was one of the best things ever on TV.

Thanks for your time.

Brad Pitt for Season 2???

Holy fuck, there couldn't be a better casting. Please happen. Please. Probably bullshit, but that would be so cool.

I hear they are lining up two females for the leads in season two.

As for the first season....it was good...BUT...i thought there was a lot of needless filler (Rust and Marty's backstories) in the story. The season could easily have been cut to 6 episodes

Nic Pizzolatto is writing again. He also hinted that the two detectives could be women this time around.

Back
Top Bottom