True Detective.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last few episodes were good enough but i still don't know exactly what all was going on. Are we supposed to believe that many people in govt were so corrupt that so much shit could go down and people wouldn't be any wiser?

I think they had a decent story there but it might have been better served to have been spread out over 10 or 12 episodes instead of cramming it all into 8. It seemed to go slow at times and then at other times things unfolded really fast and it was hard to keep up.

Yes, 10 episodes might have served the series better. Seems like a lot of folks watched the show, but the majority of them were hatewatching. :wink: Either way, they were watching. McAdams cleaned up nicely in the last scene. I guess it was only right that the ladies survived while all of the men took the fall.

I didn't think it possible, but it actually went below my worst expectations. The only plus in this season even being part of what started out as an amazing franchise is that it's over, and hopefully they'll never do something this utterly craptastic again.

Sent from __________

I didn't think it possible, but it actually went below my worst expectations. The only plus in this season even being part of what started out as an amazing franchise is that it's over, and hopefully they'll never do something this utterly craptastic again.

Aww, c'mon, think positively: After this season, if they do a third one, it can only get better. There's a few different ways they can go. They would probably go with a different location for starters. Then(gasp) maybe feature a more diversified cast. (ie: black, Hispanic or Asian) Sure wouldn't hurt. Maybe have all females in the prominent roles instead of just 1 or 2? Obviously, the script writing needs to improve.

As the final episode was winding down, I remarked to my gf that perhaps this series could help/change Vaughn's career. If he was given some well written dramas, he could focus on more dramatic roles instead of the lame comedies that he's been doing. Plus, TD also showed that Rachel McAdams could do grittier roles too, instead of the rom coms she's been doing.

They should not call them True Detective. This one should have called something else.
VinCity, Boom Town, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I don't think this was nearly as bad as some of you make it out to be. Was it a letdown? Sure. Hard to match the first season, though. I enjoyed it and was entertained by it. The second half of the season was much better than the first half.

Eh, I don't feel like I'm being too hard on it. The plot was maddening and the dialogue sucked and only so much good acting can overcome that. If he did one thing well it was having Farrell and McAdams' relationship develop in a way that felt natural and earned. And I thought Vaughn's character (and the performance) really rebounded in the second half of the season. But that's pretty much it.

. . . that perhaps this series could help/change Vaughn's career. If he was given some well written dramas, he could focus on more dramatic roles instead of the lame comedies that he's been doing.

Sorry, but I have to respectfully, completely, and wholeheartedly disagree. Vaugh was *beyond* awful in this role. The only thing he should be counting on from this role is a Razzie Award (f they give those out for television). It was so painful to watch him "act" in his scenes.

If it was just me who thought this way, I would say I might be grading a little harsh on him, but every single one of my friends (who I know watched this season) felt the exact same way.

He was really bad early but he was fine in the last few.

Kitsch, on the other hand, was awful the whole way through.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Sorry, but I have to respectfully, completely, and wholeheartedly disagree. Vaugh was *beyond* awful in this role. The only thing he should be counting on from this role is a Razzie Award (f they give those out for television). It was so painful to watch him "act" in his scenes.

If it was just me who thought this way, I would say I might be grading a little harsh on him, but every single one of my friends (who I know watched this season) felt the exact same way.

Yippy, you and your friends shared the same opinion. Let's throw a parade. Me and my merry band of freaks actually liked his performance. Dopey dialogue be damned. I hope Vince Vaughn haunts you in your dreams.

I've been enjoying Season 3 so far. Anyone else watching?

I did a pretty hard binge on the whole season over the weekend. I liked it quite a bit, a nice return to form. The final episode drug on a little longer than it needed, but it was still good.

I've still never finished the second season...

It was good. The climactic moment when he finally finds Julie, after all those years, and she's happy and healthy and he doesn't even know it's her. That was heartbreaking and beautiful and it'll stay with me for a while. Great performances from the two leads. Dorff's bar fight was badass.

Yes, it did drag on a bit, but I liked how it ended. Ali and Dorff were great and so was the woman who portrayed Amelia. The ending actually turned out to be a little less sinister than presumed.

Back
Top Bottom