True Detective.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This season is so frustrating. Is it just me or, from this last episode, are we supposed to believe that things have changed (plot wise) because of the time that has lapsed between ep 4 and ep 5? Because, as I see it, everything is pretty much the same. We always knew, or it was hinted at, that the mystery/corruption was larger and deeper than it appeared, we had the feeling there was a set up larger than just Mexican pimp/meth manufacturers, and we always knew the 3 detectives wanted to solve the case. I don't really see what has supposedly changed, plot wise, from ep 4 to ep 5.

I just feel that time leap forward was just smoke and mirrors that didn't work and didn't serve it's purpose (other than to see the main characters even unhappier and in slightly less station than they were in the previous episode). But basically the characters positions are the same, and also the same as in relation to the plot. Nothing really changed even though we're meant to think it did. It just reminded me of a parlour trick that failed.

I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but this season isn't working for me.

But I'm in 5 deep, so now I have to see it through to the end.

I will say that I thought the scene between Officer Woodrugh and his mom was fantastic. That scene gave me all the feels.

Last edited:
The main thing that's changed is that, for different reasons, they're all now working the case without the hindrance of an overlooking department that wants this case wrapped up quickly and neatly. So I understand the jump forward.

The season definitely isn't working, though, and that's because of a mixture of bad plot, bad dialogue, and bad acting.

This was great. Ani fighting her way through hell at the end. Awesome. I love her knife skills. And her general demeanor during the whole thing. You knew she was gonna fuck shit up. The Frank/Ray showdown was cool. And I thought the music was fantastic throughout. Ray's coke and booze scene was flirting with whether or not it was over the top in a good way or over the top in a bad way, but that New York Dolls song fucking KICKS.

Last edited:
Is it me, or does it look like Ray's "son" isn't related to anyone. The kid's got red hair. He definitely doesn't look like he's the rapist's kid.

Definitely the best directed episode of this season. That party scene could have been handled so many different ways, and I was very intrigued by how they decided to frame it.

The season's still a mess, but it was a nice artistic moment anyway.

Decent climax to the episode. That party looked like fun.

:applaud:

Is it me, or does it look like Ray's "son" isn't related to anyone. The kid's got red hair. He definitely doesn't look like he's the rapist's kid.

I'm hoping Ray fulfills his promise to his ex-wife's attacker.

Cisco Kid still has not spoken. He intrigues me.

I think last night's show was the best one of the season, but that usually happens with the 2nd to last episodes. I'm looking forward to seeing how things go down next week. I actually was digging VV's character more this week. More action and less dopey dialogue.

The last two episodes have been pretty good. Frank has been entertaining and glad to see him more violent.

That's so funny. When he hit Blake with the glass, I was cheering. Violence in real life is bad, of course, but when it happens on TV or in the movies it can be wonderful. :wink:

They had me thinking Frank
with all that subplot that they could not get pregnant, and then her telling him it was her not him that had the problem.

tapatalk, it works

Well, shit. I don't think I understood half of this season but I couldn't stop watching.

Back
Top Bottom