True Blood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maryanne rules!!!!!!!!! Her plotline is SO MY FAVORITE! I'm so intrigued by her! I can't wait to find out what the f**k is up with her! :hyper:

(And is it just me, or are there about 3 guys in that Fellowship of the Sun who are total closet homosexuals? :ohmy: )

Maryanne rules!!!!!!!!! Her plotline is SO MY FAVORITE! I'm so intrigued by her! I can't wait to find out what the f**k is up with her! :hyper:

(And is it just me, or are there about 3 guys in that Fellowship of the Sun who are total closet homosexuals? :ohmy: )

ditto all that

The hotness factor of some of the men in this show is off the charts. The shirtless Bill, Jason and Tara's new boyfriend all in one episode was just too much. :drool:

^ Definitely. I can see that.

FYI, my friend says she's also on another HBO show, "In Treatment".

A damn good show, if you just want to watch actors work their craft

Just finished season 2

she is not in that much -

I missed the last half of season one
that season has some good sexual tension, most of it includes another smoking hot actress

^ Definitely. I can see that.

FYI, my friend says she's also on another HBO show, "In Treatment".

She was on the first season of In Treatment but only once I think in Season 2. She kind of annoyed me (or maybe it was the character) so I was annoyed at first when she showed up in True Blood but I'm warming up to her now.

Ok, guys. I think I'm just about caught up with y'all now. I've finished all of Season 1 and just now finished the Season 2 premiere. This is the moment of my post where I will compose a series of rambling notes that are floating around in my head about True Blood.

1. This is easily my greatest television discovery of 2009. What a completely engrossing season of TV that was.

2. Did anyone watch Six Feet Under? Well, there was usually one moment per episode of True Blood where I sat in my chair and thought to myself "That is SO Six Feet Under." It's hard to explain but just something about the production techniques and the fantastic nature of certain sequences remind me so much of Six Feet Under. Of course this is because Alan Ball created both shows. And this is nothing but a good thing because Six Feet Under is one of my all-time favorite TV shows.

3. The sequence in which Rene is finally revealed to be the killer was fucking terrific and had me hanging on the edge of my seat as much as I've ever been. He takes the bullets out of the shotgun...so our hero Sookie Stackhouse decides to just scream and smack him in the face with the empty gun. Brilliant. Bill, in an epic moment of self sacrifice, fucking walks out into the sunlight to save her. Burning himself literally to a crisp. And Sam the shapeshifting dog (I saw that coming from about the second episode by the way) runs to her rescue, too. Sookie jams a shovel into Rene's neck. Awesome.

4. I will say, with an unblemished record of staunch heterosexuality, that Jason Stackhouse is absolutely adorable. Very cute young actor portraying him, and he fills that character with a great deal of warmth and humor. I'm disappointed by this new shift of him becoming a born-again Christian and I hope that he reverts back to the old ne'er do well Jason soon.

5. Remember when Jason and Amy kidnap the vampire to drain him of his blood and she throws that silver mask over his face? Well when they take him down to the basement and remove the silver mask and we see his face covered in those hideous burns...that disturbed the shit out of me. Seriously. In a show filled with massive amounts of blood, guts and all around violent images, it was the image of that poor vampire with that burned up face that got to me the most. Damn that was nasty.

6. I was very excited by the introduction of the character of Terry. Most of all because the actor playing him also played Zack, Lane's stoner wannabe rock star boyfriend on Gilmore Girls. Also, he's just a funny character. I won't be surprised if it turns out that you are correct, deep, with your werewolf prediction. But I think the thing with him sniffing her hair was more of just a way of building on the point that Terry has a crush on Arlene. And setting up a potential romantic relationship between the two.

7. Lizzy Caplan, the girl that played Amy, is foine as hell and I really enjoyed her little 5 episode character arc.

8. I also love how Bill pronounces her name "Suckie." I believe that Sookie Stackhouse is an all-around wonderful name for a fictional female heroine.

9. I hope Lafayette gets out of that dungeon soon and gets back behind the frying pan at Merlotte's. He's the best.

10. I'll stop now.

Fact: All that bullshit GAF just posted is little more than an elaborate put-on to disguise the fact that he just watched a full season of television to see awesome bewbs

I think the thing with him sniffing her hair was more of just a way of building on the point that Terry has a crush on Arlene. And setting up a potential romantic relationship between the two..

I am pretty sure Arlene already confided to Sookie? that she had a one nighter with Terry awhile back, before she got engaged or married, this last time.
Anyways, she said Terry had scars all over his body.

8. I also love how Bill pronounces her name "Suckie."

My friend and I randomly shout out, "Suckie, I am Vampire." several times a day. Try it.

I am pretty sure Arlene already confided to Sookie? that she had a one nighter with Terry awhile back, before she got engaged or married, this last time.
Anyways, she said Terry had scars all over his body.

Now we're seeing other people with scars on their bodies so...Terry could be one of them. Or your theory could still be true.

- Lafayette is free! Yay!
- Hoyt finally got some! Even if the action was cut short by Bill and Suckie.
- Cheesy ass Christian preacher's blonde wife is gonna try to sleep with Jason. Either her or that Christian pop star girl we saw.
- Some "fucked up shit" (in the illustrious words of Tara) is goin on with Mary Anne and the big pig she keeps around. Or is she the pig? Or what? And what exactly is her power?
- Cute new waitress Daphne is more than what she seems.

:hmm:

I was hoping they'd turn Lafayette into a vampire :(

That's interesting that you say that because I was incredibly relieved when we found out that he wasn't turned. We need Lafayette in the daytime. We need Lafayette at night. We need Lafayette 24 hours a day. Here, there and everywhere.

That's interesting that you say that because I was incredibly relieved when we found out that he wasn't turned. We need Lafayette in the daytime. We need Lafayette at night. We need Lafayette 24 hours a day. Here, there and everywhere.

I think I agree. He'd be an awesome vampire but I like Lafayette's soulfulness and humanness which would be all messed up as a vampire.

Ok, I agree with you. I was just so worried they would/will kill him. -_- He's my favorite character.

Thoughts on the latest episode?

Lafayette dancing was hilarious. "Get that shit, get that shit. I just wanna fucking dance!"

What is amazing about this show is how much I love pretty much every character. I also love all the story lines and wish the show were longer to get more of everyone.

Lafayette was awesome last night as was Eric. Eric just might be my favorite. :drool: Lafayette's dancing was just hilarious. Is it Sunday yet?

Ok, I just caught up on the two latest episodes. This most recent episode had a huuuuuge ol' cliffhanger. Mary Ann put on that mask and some shit's about to go down with Sam and that knife! (Although I'm sure Sam's life is not in any actual danger).

Sookie and her new fake fiance have been taken down to the cellar by the evil Christians! And Bill can't do anything about it because his maker is stronger than he is!

Jason and Sarah are gettin busy on the church balcony!

And when did Vampire Jessica get hot?

After the premiere left me cold, the last few shows have been really good.

I never would have guessed Sam's girl was setting him up like that. Wonder what's gonna go down :ohmy: I can't figure wtf MaryAnn is but when she put the head/mask thing on, it made me think she's the creature that attacked Sookie and the waitress/shapeshifter :doh: what is her name?!

Eric is my new favorite. Bill who?

Jason can't stop being a horndog though he tries, lol :up:

Jessica did look rather hot this last show..love her relationship with whats his face. They're adorable :cute:

She has always been hot. Where were you?

I guess she has but I didn't notice it until these last two eppys.

I can't figure wtf MaryAnn is but when she put the head/mask thing on, it made me think she's the creature that attacked Sookie and the waitress/shapeshifter :doh: what is her name?!

I think it is safe to say that you're right because earlier they showed her conjuring up her crazy "make people wanna screw" spell and her arms turned into the arms of that creature that attacked Sookie. And the waitress/shapeshifter's name is Daphne. And I liked her a lot until she pulled a fast one on Sam.

And, yeah, I'm liking Vampire Eric more and more as the show progresses.

That's right, I forgot about the scary arms.

Daphne. Thanks!

Oh, yeah..and the flashback w/ Bill and his maker was woah! They were really :evil:

The scene with Bill and Lorena killing the rich man and woman and then f***ing in her blood . . . :yikes: Well, I think it's the most disturbing thing I've seen yet on this show.

But HOT DAMN this show is good! AWESOME action and little cliffhangers with everyone in danger and seemingly no way out. I cannot wait for S2 E7! :hyper:

The scene with Bill and Lorena killing the rich man and woman and then f***ing in her blood . . . :yikes: Well, I think it's the most disturbing thing I've seen yet on this show.

It was pretty out there! Suckie would not have been pleased with that sort of behavior from her nice vampire. But the return of Bill's maker is just sooo juicy.

My wife and I rented the first season and really enjoyed it - her a little more than me :wink:

I can't watch the second season though so I will politely bow out since I am already seeing stuff in this thread I really shouldn't be reading yet.

:up: I'm about 3/4ths of the way through the first season on DVD.

It's pretty silly, and Anna Paquin is pretty ridiculous, but I also find it pretty darned entertatining.

My wife and I rented the first season and really enjoyed it - her a little more than me :wink:

I can't watch the second season though so I will politely bow out since I am already seeing stuff in this thread I really shouldn't be reading yet.

I guess we should be using the spoiler tag, huh? :reject:

Back
Top Bottom