True Blood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I felt the whole Marney thing was very rushed. But I guess because they needed to end it in one shot.

Poor Jesus. But at least it ended well.

Took four seasons and they finally got Jessica naked? I guess because she's now with Jason.

I liked how Pam said Sookie's name is stupid because it is! Oh yeah, poor her.

Best lines: "Holy Goddess!" "Holy Shit!"

"Dude, I'm dead"

Sookie ought to go with Alcide. At least she gets to spend the daylight with someone.

Holy shit! Russell Eddington is back! I knew he'd return. And the Reverend is a vamp now! And we all knew how the Debbie thing would end. And Tara is NOT dead!

:sigh: No more until next year...

I think that's one of the things that annoy me about the show - cliffhangers that lack any suspense because we know they're not killing off any of the main characters.

Oh no, Sookie's been stabbed/shot, Eric and Bill are tied to a stake ... zzzzzzzzz.

With the promise of Russell coming back next season, I'm even happier that my declaration of flouncing away from the show turned out to be a lie.

I actually think this season started off less interesting than 3, but I've really enjoyed the new angles, King Bill, crazy Eric, witches, mediums. I just recently caught up on the last few, and it's still giving me what I want, crazy, crazy supernatural soap opera comedy.

:up: Same here. Of course it all seemed quite stupid after the extraordinary Game of Thrones in the same time slot, but I always end up laughing and loving it. This season I especially loved Jason & Jessica, King Bill and Crazy Eric. Thank God for Boardwalk Empire coming up. I need an HBO Sunday night addiction.

I am so over Sookie and her precious fairy vagina and her unbelievably STUPID name. FUCK SOOKIE!!

Holy shit.

Wild episode. Bill and Eric teaming up at the end to kill the guards and Nan was just perfect. I can dig Bill and Eric being on the same side for a while and fighting against THE AUTHORITY (spoken in Bill Compton voice)!

The Russell reveal was very cool. I think we all knew that was eventually going to happen, though. All they did was put him under concrete. The Jason/Jessica sex scene was hot. Sookie's grandma coming to save the day was pretty funny. Etc., etc.

Not shedding a tear over Jesus. He grew on me a bit this year, but I've never really liked him all that much. I feel bad for Lafayette though, especially because...

I'm not sold on your "Tara's Not Dead" theory, Pearl. In fact, if I had to put money on it I'd say that she actually is dead. We've all talked about it for years now in this thread that her character is a bit useless plot wise and that the writers have never really known what to do with her since Season 1. Killing off a main character at the end of Season 4 isn't really that crazy. I made a prediction to one of my friends last weekend that if they were going to kill off a main character during this season finale it would be Tara.

Nobody else has an opinion about the Tara dying thing? Or do you just not care about Tara?

I think she's dead.

Dammit, you guys are making me second guess myself.

I think part of me wants her to be dead, just because I predicted it, and so I want to be able to pat myself on the back and think that I'm smart. So when Debbie came through the door with the shotgun, I was all like "Oh, shit! I was right!"

Also, earlier in the episode when Sookie and Tara were having their big heart to heart about growing old together on the front porch. That's often a tell-tale sign on TV that someone's gonna die. If you go back and watch episodes of TV shows where a main character dies...I'd bet that most of the time in that very same episode they will have had a big sentimental conversation with someone they're very close to on the show.

I think a vampire rushing to her rescue is too obvious and predictable (even for TB) and not at all an interesting or creative cliffhanger.

She could be dead.

Remember when Sookie and Tara were in the kitchen Sookie said she felt Gran's presence, she felt like she was really, really there. Perhaps Gran was coming to fetch Tara, or to comfort Sookie when Tara died.

I think I also vaguely remember before this season started, some of the pre-season interviews with people on the show alluding to characters we'd gotten used to and assumed would always be there might not in fact be there by the end. Maybe I made that up. But maybe I read or heard that.

PS: I hope she's dead. She overacts and is an annoying character.

PPS: Although it would be awful for Lafayette to lose both his lover and his cousin, not to mention the only other black character on the show.

Yeah, Alan Ball said something to that effect. But there were some semi-major deaths that could fit that description: Jesus, Tommy, Nan (what a bitch!).

I think the whole Gran thing was resolved when Gran showed up and pulled Marnie out of Lafayette's mouth. It was kind of explained when they said that Halloween is the night of the year that the border between living and dead is at its thinnest.

But I agree with the first part of your post. It would be lame if it's resolved by Bill hearing Sookie's "distress call" or whatever and immediately rushing to the scene and saving Tara.

I guess basically what this all adds up to is that True Blood actually put together a pretty good, legitimate cliffhanger this time. If people are having in depth discussions about whether or not Tara is actually dead...they've done their job well.

Yeah, Alan Ball said something to that effect. But there were some semi-major deaths that could fit that description: Jesus, Tommy, Nan (what a bitch!).

I think the whole Gran thing was resolved when Gran showed up and pulled Marnie out of Lafayette's mouth. It was kind of explained when they said that Halloween is the night of the year that the border between living and dead is at its thinnest.

But I agree with the first part of your post. It would be lame if it's resolved by Bill hearing Sookie's "distress call" or whatever and rushing to the scene and saving Tara.

I guess basically what this all adds up to is that True Blood actually put together a pretty good, legitimate cliffhanger this time. If people are having in depth discussions about whether or not Tara is actually dead...they've done their job well.

Oh, I thought the conversation in the kitchen about Gran happened after all that. I guess I need to watch it again (although I feel quite done with it for now and ready to move on to Boardwalk).

But I agree with the first part of your post. It would be lame if it's resolved by Bill hearing Sookie's "distress call" or whatever and rushing to the scene and saving Tara.

Oh, duh, I thought the conversation in the kitchen about Gran happened after all that. I guess I need to watch it again (although I feel quite done with it for now and ready to move on to Boardwalk).

But I agree with the first part of your post. It would be lame if it's resolved by Bill hearing Sookie's "distress call" or whatever and immediately rushing to the scene and saving Tara.

Because it's happened a million times already. They can't keep doing that every time. Sure, it would be fun to have Tara having sexual fantasies about Bill or Eric but it's still lame.

GAF and joyfulgirl have good points. It would just be sad for Lafayette to lose his cousin. Watch him go nuts in season 5 after losing both Jesus and Tara.

Or, Tara could simply survive the gun shot wound, a la Mary Jo Buttafuocco.

I watched it again last night when I couldn't sleep. A friend says I have TV-ADHD because I miss a lot of details while my mind is racing around a hundred other things (and I do believe I've demonstrated that in this thread).

Anyway, that kitchen scene at the beginning when Sookie & Tara are talking about Gran did feel very much like a foreshadowing of what was to come with Tara - much more so to me than the foreshadowing of Gran's appearance in the Lafayette/Marnie situation. I mean, Sookie sees Gran's dead bloody body on the kitchen floor; later she'd be holding Tara's bloody body in the exact same spot. Plus all the sentimental bonding, talk of the future, and Tara being actually sweet and likable again, all seemed to foreshadow Tara's death. There was nothing in that scene that evoked "Gran's coming to save the day" for me, but rather that something bad was going to happen just like what happened with Gran.

Gran also tells Sookie later not to be afraid of being alone. Without her Gran, her vampires, and her best friend, she would feel even more alone.

Also, it's interesting that Jason lost his best friend, too (although Hoyt might get over it), so there was a possible parallel with Jason and Sookie there.

So Tara could very well be dead. Or a vampire could come and turn her or save her, etc. Or she could still be a character in ghost form.

This is actually a spoiler:
Apparently the actress is contracted for Season 5 but says she doesn't know in what capacity she will return.

I hope Tara's not dead. I've always liked her, maybe a little less in Season 4 when she got super dark and angry all the time, but I've still always rooted for her. I would be really sad if they killed her off, even if they had her come back occasionally in ghost form. I want her as a full-time character! *hmph!*

I hope Tara's not dead. I've always liked her, maybe a little less in Season 4 when she got super dark and angry all the time . . .

:doh: I meant "maybe a little less in Season 3"! Last season, when she got kidnapped and raped by that nut vampire. She definitely went off the deep end after that.

I still stand by my earlier assessment, with this show it seems that at one time or another most of the characters can become annoying, but somehow the writers seem to bring them back around and redeem them in another season. This season Lafayette really bugged me and Alcide was kind of boring. But I've pretty much always loved Tara and have always stood up for her.

:doh: I meant "maybe a little less in Season 3"! Last season, when she got kidnapped and raped by that nut vampire. She definitely went off the deep end after that.

I still stand by my earlier assessment, with this show it seems that at one time or another most of the characters can become annoying, but somehow the writers seem to bring them back around and redeem them in another season. This season Lafayette really bugged me and Alcide was kind of boring. But I've pretty much always loved Tara and have always stood up for her.

I knew you meant Season 3. :wink: I loved Franklin the nut vampire!

I think your earlier assessment was right on.

More improbable scenarios for Tara:

It was a dream!

It wasn't really Tara, it was a skin-walker! Next season opens with Real Tara rushing onto the scene to find Sookie sobbing over Fake Tara. Sookie screams and jumps up, Real Tara screams, Sam shows up to explain it all, and everything's back to normal.

I hope Tara isn't dead either. I hope that she is still alive, and if she is on the brink of death that a vampire will turn her. It'd be great to see her as a fierce vampire..she'd be kicking even more ass. And Tara would be Sookies bodyguard for sure. I wouldn't have dumped Eric...ummm HELLO!! I'm glad that Jessica is exploring the freedoms that come with being a vamp now, and got away from the wet blanket Hoyt. :applaud:

I thought I'd be giving up this show, but after seeing the trailer with Chris Meloni .... well shit, son. I'm giving it another go.

I look forward to once again being entertained for the first few episodes, and then deeply annoyed by the rest. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom