True Blood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wasn't it nominated for Best Drama previously for the Emmys? And I guess it got left out this year, and showed up on someone's "Emmy nom gripe list."

Drama? Puh-fuckin-LEASE.

I know it's a stupid thing to get irked about, but I hate it when campy, soapy stuff like this gets nominated as in the drama category.

Not that it belongs in comedy per se, but still.

I also wonder how long can this show go on for. How many more mythological/supernatural creatures can they go through before they exhaust them all?

In a sense, the show is a comedy because it makes fun of itself in a lot of ways.

I'm so glad I didn't read the books beforehand.

When people watch a show or movie based on some source material, all they seem to do is bitch and complain about how the book is different and that the books were better. Blah blah blah. They're entirely different entities. Get over it. And I don't mean to totally single you out, crashedcardriver, it's just something that's always bugged me.

Anyway, this episode was crazy. That closing sequence...wow. Super intense.

:up: :yes:

Couldn't agree with you more, GAF. My best friend HATES the tv show because she read the books a long time ago and loved them. So she thinks the show defiled her beloved books.

And I can understand and respect that sort of purist opinion (Who am I to talk? I'm usually a purist when it comes to music.), but for me, having never read the books, I enjoy the hell out of this show!

Whoa, this is getting weird. In a bad way.

WTF is with LaFayette being possessed by the grieving ghost?!!

The scenes with Eric and Sookie were beyond cheesy.

I don't know, I just felt this episode was a real let down from the previous one which was awesome.

I must say, I've been having a hard time keeping Eric/Alex's ass out of my mind :shifty: :D

Best thing about True Blood, it proves women can be just as visual as men.

I think it's getting weird in a good way, that scene in the graveyard was a ton of fun.

I do like the witches storyline a lot, but I'm starting to feel a little about it like I did with Maryanne in Season 2, i.e., it's going on a little too long. I am assuming that the witches storyline will not be resolved until the season finale, which I think is in 3 episodes. (Haven't the last two seasons been 12 episodes each?). Which means it is going to be like Season 2 and dragged out way too long. Why Bill's Team Six didn't just shoot and kill Marney is beyond me. They had about 87 rifle scopes on her!

Oh wait, I know why . . . it was so they could draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag it out.
:|

And what happened to the Fairy storyline? Is that just over?

Sookie & Eric's lovemaking has a fairy-ish feel and I'm wondering if something is going on there. Bill & Sookie at least had really hot sex instead of the goofy sex Sookie & Eric are having.

I think each season (except for the first, which was focused on the vampires) has had an enemy that didn't resolve until the end, so I think that's just how it goes. I like this season so much better than Maryann.

the witches are a little better than Mary Ann

and Sookie and Eric obviously went to Fairyland when they were in bed, and it was snowing with out clouds or any cold.

so when he drank her blood, he got a little fairyfied.

I'd like to see Sookie learn to use her fairy powers. Meaning, besides mind reading, learn about the magic that comes from her hands as we saw in the cemetary scene.

and Sookie and Eric obviously went to Fairyland when they were in bed, and it was snowing with out clouds or any cold.

so when he drank her blood, he got a little fairyfied.

Yes, and he also drained Sookie's fairy godmother.

I think the Snowy Sex Land that they visited was more a result of Sookie drinking Eric's blood, like some communal acid trip thing. Remember in Season 1 when Jason had that fling with that girl and they would trip together on Vampire blood? They both went to these magical drugged out worlds together. I think this was kind of a call back to that.

But didn't she drink Bill's blood, too? I don't remember that happening with Bill.

It's V, human's drug of choice in this universe. Didn't she only drink Bill's blood that one time to heal?

I think the Snowy Sex Land that they visited was more a result of Sookie drinking Eric's blood, like some communal acid trip thing. Remember in Season 1 when Jason had that fling with that girl and they would trip together on Vampire blood? They both went to these magical drugged out worlds together. I think this was kind of a call back to that.

It's V, human's drug of choice in this universe. Didn't she only drink Bill's blood that one time to heal?

Yeah, my understanding of the scene was the same. She's high on his V-blood because, when he told her to drink, she mad a point to say, "But I'm not injured." And he gets high off her Fairy blood, which is why he said, "Let's be as one", or something like that.

Basically, they were both trippin' off each other's blood.

On another note, I have pulled for Tommy for so long: wanting to give him second, third and fourth chances, excusing his bad behavior, but I just can't anymore. He's just a low-life criminal and whatever happens to him now, I'm not sticking up for him and he gets what he deserves. *hmph!*

Yeah, my understanding of the scene was the same. She's high on his V-blood because, when he told her to drink, she mad a point to say, "But I'm not injured." And he gets high off her Fairy blood, which is why he said, "Let's be as one", or something like that.

Basically, they were both trippin' off each other's blood.

On another note, I have pulled for Tommy for so long: wanting to give him second, third and fourth chances, excusing his bad behavior, but I just can't anymore. He's just a low-life criminal and whatever happens to him now, I'm not sticking up for him and he gets what he deserves. *hmph!*

Yeah, I was flipping through channels last night and that scene was on and on the second viewing it was clear that's what was going on.

Tommy should just join up with the white trash werepanthers and get off the show. I'm not crazy about the redneck werewolves either (except for Alcide).

Did anyone catch the Twilight DVD cover that Hoyt was packing up? Once again, its hilarious that this show makes fun of itself!

And the Sookie-Bill-Eric menage a trois was bound to happen.

Eh, this whole witch thing is going for too long. End it already.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Fucking awesome episode. The best of the season so far, and probably one of my favorites in the whole run of the show. I'll quickly just ramble about a few things:

Started off with Bill's wonderful line to Alcide - "WEREWOLF, I AM GOING TO NEED YOU TO SHUT THE FUCK UP!" :lol:

The big threesome, of course. As Pearl said, that was something that was basically inevitable, but I love that this show isn't scared to play on those ridiculous fantasies. A situation like that can be very dangerously close to coming off like the fulfillment of some True Blood obsessive's late-night fan fiction...but with this show's history of playing things with a OTT wink, and with Anna Paquin's underrated comedic skillz, it totally worked.

I thought that the whole very bizarre side plot with the demon baby and Lafayette and the mysterious black lady actually ended up pretty well here. Especially with Lafayette's perfect "You got it, bitch" farewell to Mavis.

Was so conflicted for a second about seeing Tara holding a gun to Sookie (yeah, I still like their friendship...Season One for life!), and then that feeling immediately turned to "PHEW! YES!" when Tara helped her out through the powers of telepathy.

The episode ended on the crazy Bill vs. Eric cliffhanger...that of course will be resolved with (most likely) little fanfare within the first minute of next week's ep...but still.

And then, well...

I probably don't even have to say it but, yeah.

Baby Vamp Jessica totally listens to Taylor Swift and fucking True Blood used a Taylor Swift song as the background music for Jason and Jessica passionately fucking in the back of a truck!

Unbelievable. So weird. So cool. Just a pop culture incongruity of truly momentous proportions.

I saw Hoyt pick up the CD early in the episode and I thought "HOLY SHIT YES" but then when I heard the strings to "Haunted" (great song, maybe the 8th or 9th best track on Speak Now, but perhaps the most fitting for a show about vampires) start up as J and J were talking at the door...I got all excited 'cuz I thought it might soundtrack the big action scene at the Tolerance festival meeting or whatever. Nope. They used the song for literally like 12 seconds, and it was only for the sex scene. Crazy. Awesome. Super strange.

I :heart: you True Blood.

I can't sum it up any better than that.
Without parrot-phrasing.

I think it was a good episode too.

I like the witch thing. Without it, where would the story line be going?
Also, she is a very good actress.

And Jessica, is what 19? So perfect that she would like Taylor Swift.

As I predicted before, Lafayette and Jesus will fight and defeat Marnie/Antonia. I think last night's episode showcased that, making the whole Mavis/creepy doll/haunted baby make sense.

Back
Top Bottom