True Blood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sam was my favorite character until the murderous revelations last season. Though they're pretty much back to old Sam this season and pretending that didn't happen, but, you know, it's still there.

Eric drunk on fairy blood is pretty great. The scene where they find him swimming in the lake was one of the highlights of the season so far.

"Sookie, come play with me!"
"There's big gators in there, you crazy viking."

Hopefully we will get more regular Jason now that he isn't chained up anymore. Happy to see him escape. The whole were-panther thing is definitely not one of my favorite fantasy creature plots on the show, though. That stock "panther growl" noise that they kept repeating over and over as Jason was running away was pretty lame.

Little possessed doll is still creepy as hell.

I feel like, overall, the season is getting off to a bit of a shaky start, but it's still one of the most fun shows on TV and I love it and trust that things will start coming together.

The show probably could afford to cut a major character or two. To echo what some of you have said, I'd agree that one of those characters could be Tommy. He ain't really doin much for anybody.

Nagging question: How could Eric enter the witch's house a couple of weeks ago without an invitation?

I don't know why I'm not that interested in Arlene's demon seed and possessed doll but I guess it has potential.

If I never saw Crystal and the rest of the Hot Shot freaks again I would be the happiest woman around here.

True. I dislike anything to do with the Tommy storyline so much that I blocked it. Love Sam, though.

Sam was my favorite character until the murderous revelations last season. Though they're pretty much back to old Sam this season and pretending that didn't happen, but, you know, it's still there.

I was doing a good job of forgetting about Sam's useless family until Sanday's episode. I prefer it when Sam is nowhere near any of them, including Tommy.

I don't know why I'm not that interested in Arlene's demon seed and possessed doll but I guess it has potential.

Sunday was the first time that the creepy doll and demon kid peeked my interest.

I think I'm starting to get a little bit tired of the witches, or maybe I just need to watch the episode again.

Sookie is a moron. It's embarrassing to watch her.

Also, I feel sorry for Tara. How much shit does that girl need?

Her naivete is revolting, IMO.

Also I want to add that I miss the old Eric where he's sneaky and seductive. Hopefully he'll go back to that.

I like this show as well. I probably prefer it to The Walking Dead. Again we're behind you in Britain as I've not seen the 3rd series yet.

Alan Ball is a good writer. He also wrote Six Feet Under and the film script for America Beauty. I think True Blood is quite unique from other zombie films and TV shows. This show is for adults who aren't easily shocked while The Vampire Diaries is aimed at teens (the series was based on the Point Horror books).

For me I feel that True Blood can be interpreted as though it's sending the message of the need to get to know people before you judge them. The vampires, shapeshifters and those characters who are mind readers are complex. I feel that they could represent people with mental illness who are trying to figure out who they are themselves and most of them aren't a danger to the 'humans' in the story. The ones that do pose a danger do so because of their personality rather than the fact they are vampires. Some humans pose a danger because of their personality as well. There's a lot of prejudice of vampires just like there's prejudice towards mental illness.

Oh, and I also like the theme tune that's played at the beginning :up:

I'm enjoying the witch storyline. Poor Pam. As amusing as memory wiped Eric is, I will enjoy badass Eric's return. Still, the drunk swim was hilarious and I LOVE Sookie when she isn't with Bill.

Arlene's creepy baby is creepy.

I love Jason, but god that werepanther storyline is awful. I hate it.

The less said about Sam's family the better.

^ Agree with all of that (although I still have a soft spot for Sookie & Bill).

Also
werepanther Jason storyline might get interesting when the alluded-to full moon happens.

FitzChivalry said:
:wave: :D

Also, I think I'm one of the few that likes Tommy and his storyline . . . especially when his storyline requires him to be in the buff. :ohmy:

:shifty:

:drool:

What've you been up to? Withdrawals from the Blue Crack??

What've you been up to? Withdrawals from the Blue Crack??

Yeah, I kind of disappeared from the Blue Crack after the '09 360 leg/Rose Bowl show ended. Then a bunch of peeps I know from here went over to Facebook and I just never really came back to the crack full-time. I used to mainly hang out in B&C and be more of a lurker than a poster. I would check in occasionally and it just started to strike me as very pretentious and elitist, which I had always heard from others before, but had never realized for myself until I went away for a while.

But I've fallen way behind on new music in the Indie/Alt. scene. I've been getting into a lot of electronica and progressive djs the last year or so, so I may have to pop back in to B&C and rummage around to see what's new and happening. :)

But I've fallen way behind on new music in the Indie/Alt. scene. I've been getting into a lot of electronica and progressive djs the last year or so, so I may have to pop back in to B&C and rummage around to see what's new and happening. :)

Please do. We're not so bad (immature, yes - bad, no). We need some electronica discussion.

Please do. We're not so bad (immature, yes - bad, no). We need some electronica discussion.

Sadly, all the stuff I've been listening to is progressive electronica (which had its heyday in the late 90's to mid-2000's). So, even in techno, I'm still behind the times! :lol:

And I know you're not all bad. There are MANY B&C-ers that I love! :heart:

And, back on topic:

Is it just me or is there not nearly as much sex in this season as there was in the previous 3 seasons? I mean,
Jason getting raped
, isn't exactly what I would call hot sex. Tara and her girlfriend did it with all their underwear on.

I just think this season is really lacking in the gratuitous sex category.

I agree Fitz. Maybe things will heat up, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Yeah, I kind of disappeared from the Blue Crack after the '09 360 leg/Rose Bowl show ended. Then a bunch of peeps I know from here went over to Facebook and I just never really came back to the crack full-time. I used to mainly hang out in B&C and be more of a lurker than a poster. I would check in occasionally and it just started to strike me as very pretentious and elitist, which I had always heard from others before, but had never realized for myself until I went away for a while.

Yeah I could see that, but there's still plenty of good vibes throughout the forums too!

And, back on topic:

Is it just me or is there not nearly as much sex in this season as there was in the previous 3 seasons? I mean,
Jason getting raped
, isn't exactly what I would call hot sex. Tara and her girlfriend did it with all their underwear on.

I just think this season is really lacking in the gratuitous sex category.

Yeah, nobody's really getting laid. Bill tried, but that went wrong. Poor Jessica's getting desperate. Lafayette & Jesus, Sam & Luna, and obviously Sookie & Eric need to get it on. And Alcide and anybody.

OK, this was a good episode. Nice to see how Tommy killing his parents blends with the skinwalkers.

Now what about those damn werepanthers? Now what?

Back
Top Bottom