'Treme'..... A new series on HBO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
I don't know about the rest of ya.. But I am super excited about this new series by David Simon that premieres this Sunday on HBO. :hyper: The reviews for the show have been pretty good.. But frankly, David Simon is one of the best out there and his name alone has me sold.. :love:

With at least two of the actors from The Wire (Wendell Pierce and Clarke Peters) in this is gonna be great.. (gawd! I miss the Wire!!) Khandi Alexander (who did The Corner, another David Simon series that was on Showtime, amazing stuff), Steve Zahn and John Goodman are also some bonuses IMO.

Also, super excited about the music.. Elvis Costello is set for a cameo on this.

here is a review on CNN: Review: 'Treme' explodes with pleasure - CNN.com

official site: HBO: Treme: Homepage

anyways.. let's all discuss cuz we are in for another great tv series...:hyper:

full page ad in the L A Times

with nothing but the highest praise quoted from critics and reviewers,

A+, outstanding! , Fantastic! , etc.

I can't think of a series with higher praise - before a public debut.

I hope it does not fall too short of such high expectations.

that's fabulous news deep.. I sure hope it lives up to the praises it's getting.. And I agree I can't think of another series that has gotten this kind of praise prior to debuting on tv.. I have a lot of respect for the LA Times so this says A LOT!

I think it will tho, it's gonna be a great show.. As I said David Simon is genius and HBO is very lucky to have him. I am sure he is getting paid well as he so deserves!

I can't wait for Sunday!:hyper:

it was a PAID full page ad in the Times, so of course they loaded it up with the good stuff

here is the LA Times review:

'Treme' on HBO - latimes.com

The welter of expectations and "highly anticipateds" surrounding the premiere of David Simon's "Treme" all but demands a measure of critical blowback. Certainly there will be obligatory mewling about the new 10-episode HBO series being good but not as good as "The Wire," which launched Simon into the elite cadre of television artistes. There may be some random chest-beating over white folks' unfortunate tendency to get mushy in the head about black musicians and the South in general, and probably more than a few blog-ready over-analyses of the politics/wisdom/hubris/sentimentality of taking on post-Katrina New Orleans.

it is 3 out of 5 stars, that sounds more realistic, still it is a good review.

I have been so pumped for this for a looooooong time, glad its finally starting.

I love New Orleans, especially the music, and I love David Simon and his cast, can't be more perfect.

Oh wait... it also has participation of the Rebirth Brass Band!!! :love:

I have high hopes for it. Lost is tanking imo and other than Breaking Bad, TV sucks for the most part. Now it'll be a toss up which download I watch first as they both air on Sundays! :yikes:

Friday Night Lights! :drool: And don't think "Oh, high school football, I couldn't care less." Dude. Neither could I, but the show is AWESOME.

I'm very curious about this new show. TvTattle.com has a good roundup of various reviews from sites and newspapers. Go to their site and scroll down a few days if you're interested.

Friday Night Lights! :drool: And don't think "Oh, high school football, I couldn't care less." Dude. Neither could I, but the show is AWESOME.

I'm very curious about this new show. TvTattle.com has a good roundup of various reviews from sites and newspapers. Go to their site and scroll down a few days if you're interested.

i really think this show is gonna so AWESOME.. I think all the hype is gonna pan out.

as I said.. i am 'cited for tomorrow nite!:hyper:

i really am looking forward to all the music that is gonna be intertwined in this series. I adore it...:heart::heart:

:applaud:

Amen, the most realistically developed characters, and compelling handling of everyday life issues.

Friday Night Lights huh? Hmm. A subject very close to home for me as the father of an elite-level high school athlete (basketball and to a lesser extent football). Maybe will have to give it a whirl..

At least watch the first season - while this past season was better than the one preceeding it, the first season remains far and away the best.

Season 1 is pretty much my favorite TV season ever, along with Day 1 of 24 and Season 1 of the Wire (among others), but Season 3 comes quite close despite being truncated.

I hope it's good - I will wait until it's on DVD and pick it up then. :hyper:

Most of the mixed reviews I've read have all had the same complaint: too slow, and too much footage of people listening to or playing music. My thoughts? Who gives a shit if the show takes its time to establish atmosphere, story, characters, whatever? And complaining about the opportunity to hear more jazz? Really?

I'm going to speculate that these reviewers don't really understand the appeal of New Orleans, the city, or they wouldn't be in such a damned hurry.

Same thing I feel about people complaining that certain books, movies, whatever are too long. I'm much more partial to experiences that demand more of a time/mental commitment, as in my experience they're often some of the most rewarding.

Basically, I'm a Size King.

I'm the same way. I never can wrap my brain around that sort of complaint.

Some of my all-time favorite books are incredibly long....and that's no accident, it leaves time to really develop characters, etc.

I just have a decent attention span, I guess.

Anyway, I'll be watching this later on tonight, looking forward to it.

I only complain about books being too long when I don't want to be lugging that sucker around on the bus, because my purse is already heavy enough. ;)

I'm trying to be better about taking things slow in general. My brain sometimes fights back, though.

I look forward to investigating this show at a slow pacce.

Fucking loved that pilot, great cinematography, great acting and characters, and obviously the music was top notch, and I'm proud of the out-of-town producers for their efforts for authenticity. Plus, how awesome is it to see Melissa Leo back in action in a David Simon TV show??

When Clark Peters came down the street in Carnival character in the middle of the night, and his friend's wife convinces him to help out simply by looking at him...priceless, and then Peters' character does the same thing to his son.

I only complain about books being too long when I don't want to be lugging that sucker around on the bus, because my purse is already heavy enough. ;)

Part of my bonding with Infinite Jest was having to carry that 1000+ page mammoth with me on the subway. It was rough but made the experience that much more memorable. I was obsessed with that book.

Of course with the iPad, this wouldn't be an issue...

While the Ipod was/is a godsend for me, especially when I travel (I would schlep 50 CDs around with me everywhere), I just don't see myself ever getting a kindle or ipad, etc.

I really really love the physical nature of books, even if I'm dragging Shogun (my first 1,000 page book) to little league practice after school or Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell to work everyday, etc. I'm definitely not a luddite but I think that one area is where I draw the line.

I loved this, especially the music. :drool:

When Clark Peters came down the street in Carnival character in the middle of the night, and his friend's wife convinces him to help out simply by looking at him...priceless, and then Peters' character does the same thing to his son.

He was amazing, he didn't have to say a word to elicit incredible emotion. His character, Albert Lambreaux, was exquisite.

While the Ipod was/is a godsend for me, especially when I travel (I would schlep 50 CDs around with me everywhere), I just don't see myself ever getting a kindle or ipad, etc.

I really really love the physical nature of books, even if I'm dragging Shogun (my first 1,000 page book) to little league practice after school or Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell to work everyday, etc. I'm definitely not a luddite but I think that one area is where I draw the line.

Man, I hated having to choose my CD's when I travelled. I commute by train daily, so I'm likely to get some sort of kindle, nook or something. I do love books, but damn they can be heavy.

canceled ?????

HBO Orders Second Geaux-Round for New Orleans Series ‘Treme’
By DAVE ITZKOFF

Paul Schiraldi/HBO

The music of New Orleans is at the heart of “Treme,” whose cast includes Michiel Huisman and Lucia Micarelli.Don’t play any blues for “Treme,” HBO’s much promoted (if not easily pronounced) series about life and music in post-Katrina New Orleans. On Tuesday, the cable channel announced that it had ordered a second season of the show, just two days after its premiere. The series mixes actors like Steve Zahn, Wendell Pierce and Clarke Peters with real-life musicians like Elvis Costello and Allen Toussaint; the pedigree of David Simon, who created “Treme” with Eric Overmeyer, and who also produced “The Wire” and “The Corner” for HBO, probably didn’t hurt either.

In a statement, Michael Lombardo, the president of HBO Programming, said: “I can’t think of another show that is more emblematic of what we aspire to be as a network than ‘Treme.’ In the tradition of ‘The Wire,’ David Simon and Eric Overmeyer have embarked on an exploration of the soul of one of the world’s most unique cities through the lives of an exquisitely crafted cast of characters.”

HBO said production on the second season of “Treme” would start in New Orleans in the fall. A premiere date has not yet been announced.

no chance, got a season 2 guaranteed already, wow, that was quick.

Back
Top Bottom