Top Chef...season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddysgonnapay

New Yorker
This started last night and it was good! The chefs seem a lot more interesting than last seasons...2 are already off, with one not even making it to the kitchen! :ohmy:

... please remind me which one Patrick was? He wasn't rosy-cheeked guy from Team Rainbow, was he?

I felt bad for that woman who was eliminated in the quickfire challenge. She never even got to make it to the kitchen. They started out initially with 17 chefs. That's an awful lot. Maybe there will be some double eliminations, or maybe there's just that many shows in the season :shrug:

I liked Patrick (Go, Team Rainbow!) and the female who lost the Quick challenge. Those two knew one another and I thought it would be great fun for them to have that advantage going into the show but it's not to be since they both got eliminated the first episode. Looks to be a competitve group so it should be another good season. :up:

The girl that lost the quick fire and the Indian girl are from my town...the local paper here had been running stories about them both for weeks! the one that went home, they made it sound like she was going to bee in contention for a long while...I was shocked to see her booted before they even got to the kitchen!:huh:

The two European chefs both have huge egos, and by the end of the episode, I couldn't stand either one of them. I thought it was cool that Eugene wasn't at all familiar with Indian food and made a dish that was completely authentic. I thought he should've won.

ostrich_egg.jpg

HAHAHAHA! ^

her quiche looked like it was a hamburger patty it was so thick!
and how is that woman chef still on , though, after 2 weeks in the bottom and Padma spitting her dish out in her napkin :huh: :down:

Yes! ^ Especially with that breakfast challenge they did. :drool:

Fabio is certainly growing on me:wink:

Tom was nice to not eliminate anyone this week...although I thought deviled eggs was a pretty weak dish to serve up..I can make those!:wink:

Glad they didn't eliminate anyone too. And I thought it was pretty cool how everyone chipped in and helped Josea (Hosea?) and Radikka (best guess there)

this is the first season where i think i would make out with every male contestant on the show.

except for Alex.

Thanks to five season's of Top Chef I am now addicted to the food network. When TC isn't on I gotta watch Bobby Flay, Sunny Anderson, The Neely's and all the rest to satisfy my wantingtolearntocookbutcan'tforshit phase. :D

Love the show. I have a mini crush on Tom Coliccho. :flirt:

this is the first season where i think i would make out with every male contestant on the show.

except for Alex.

:yes:

as arrogant as Stephan is..I still think he is pretty hot..I love the way he and Fabio mess around with each other...and Stephan's self-confidence is very attractive to me:cute:

I'm finally caught up on this season, since I keep forgetting to set my DVR and missed a few weeks. I really liked Eugene at the start of the season, since he doesn't have any professional training and basically just worked his way up, but his attitude lately has been annoying. Jeff and Jamie have been my favorites so far. I really hope Jamie finally wins something! I feel so bad for her that she keeps getting close but never wins. It doesn't hurt that Jeff is eye candy, too :wink:

Both Stefan and Fabio have gotten on my nerves since the first episode. Stefan has been bugging me less the last few episodes, but Fabio's ego just keeps getting bigger and bigger, and I don't think he's been producing food to match it

Tom was nice to not eliminate anyone this week...although I thought deviled eggs was a pretty weak dish to serve up..I can make those!:wink:

Yeah, but my guess is that next week, two of them will go because of that.

It looks like there won't be another new episode until January, since there's a holiday special on next week. The previews showed a tough new judge replacing Gail (he said one dish tasted like cat food :lol: ) and I think it mentioned two people will be going home. My prediction is Eugene and Melissa, though so many of the dishes lately have been underwhelming that it seems like nobody's really safe.

I'd agree with you on Melissa, and probably Eugene, too. Neither have done anything very outstanding and Melissa seems like she has really been struggling to get by as the season goes on.

I'm interested to see this new judge. Is Gail gone for good, or is she just taking a break?

Well they just catered Gail's bridal shower on the show - so I'd imagine she is off getting married/honeymooning. I haven't heard that she is gone for good.

Back
Top Bottom