Top Chef...season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Somewhere in prepping for the meal - don't know if it was chopping or what... I have it on TiVo for Maddy, but don't know if I'll be re-watching it with her.

It was nice to see Fabio getting some props...and Stefan to be taken down a peg...
I really thought it was going to be Hosea that went home though.....I am glad it wasn't

Looks like they all made pretty good dishes last night. Thought Stephan's smugness might cost him a spot in the finale. It came down to the two Euros. Arrevaderci Fabio - sad to see anyone go. Thought Jeff had a strong comeback there. Guess Carla's was better and goes home with a new car!

Damn! Goodbye, Fabio. I'll miss you. :sad:

I was really irritated by Carla through most of the season, but now I'm rooting for her to win.

I thought for a minute there that maybe both Fabio & Stefan were going home, but then I realized Jeff had to be one of the two leaving, so...

I decided I didn't want to stay up to watch the finale, so I went and spoiled myself. Picard speaks for me.

picardhk5.jpg

Why did Carla listen to Casey? Casey didn't win her season. She really should have stuck to her plan. I felt so bad for her. :sad:

Congrats Hosea

SPOILERS!!!!!!!

I just watched the episode. I can't believe Carla imploded when she'd been on such a roll, but that was her problem all season, that she freaked out at the wrong times and didn't follow her instincts. I felt so bad for her when she started crying, though :(

With Hosea and Stefan, it's sort of like the tortoise and the hare. Stefan was flashier, cockier, and showed off more all season, but Hosea was consistently good. I would've preferred seeing Carla win, but given the circumstances, I'm not disappointed with this outcome. I never would've predicted it at the start of the season, though. I figured he wouldn't even make the final three.

and....as cocky as Stephan was all season....he was very sweet to Carla, both in front of the judges and behind the scenes, when she started tearing up....:applaud:

anyone know who won the fan favorite? I have not seen the after show special where they usually announce that.

Fabio. The reunion special was on an hour earlier than the show aired. I would've missed it except that I wondered why my DVR came on at that time.

Back
Top Bottom