Top 7 television series of the decade...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anna Paquin and Lizzy Caplan are hot. That's really the only nice thing I can say about True Blood.

There's some other chick who isn't Anna Paquin or Lizzy Caplan on there. And if the internet is anything to go by she spends much of the she in varying degrees of undress. And she's hotter than both put together.

It's hardly the best of the decade, but has anyone checked out The Inbetweeners? UK sitcom about a group of 6th Formers and it is high-larious. Pretty well observed too.

Glee. Good lord.

1. The Wire
2. Deadwood
3. Arrested Development
4. Battlestar Galactica
5. Six Feet Under
6. BBC Office
7. Lost

Honorable Mention: Extras, The Sopranos, Scrubs, Mad Men and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I agree with this except instead of 6 Feet Under I'd put Doctor Who. My order would change slightly (BSG - 1, Deadwood -2, Wire - 3), but after that, yep...even the honorable mentions except for Scrubs which I never got into.

The show that may have had a shot on this list: Sarah Connor Chronicles - cancelled just as it was getting really f'ing good. Same with Firefly.

Friday Night Lights
The Wire
Six Feet Under
Scrubs
Arrested Development
Spooks

Honorable Mentions: 30 Rock, Brotherhood, Pushing Daisies, Life on Mars (the full-length BBC original), Extras/original Office, Psych, Hustle

There's The Wire, and than there's everything else. Simple as that.

I'm not speaking to anyone who doesn't have The West Wing on their list again, by the way.

qft.

I will list The West Wing as most of the seasons were aired in the 2000s.

1. The West Wing
2. Lost
3. Six Feet Under
4. Battlestar Gallactica
5. Dexter
6. 24
7. Studio 60 on Sunset Strip

I'm getting into The Wire now, so it could show up in the list eventually. 30 Rock deserves a honourable mention.

What did you like about Studio 60? I mercy-killed it after 6 episodes of self-indulgent, unfunny humor and unmoving drama.

The Office
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Prison Break
Teachers
Peep Show
The Sopranos

Larry David and David Brent. Two of the greatest characters ever :up:

1. Lost
2. The Wire
3. Alias
4. The Office (Brits)
5. BSG - it's just so politically insightful
6. The Sopranos
7. Arrested Development

I've only seen Season One of Mad Men, so I can't really comment. I've never seen Deadwood or Dexter.

Just to revive the thread...

1 The Office (original)
2 The West Wing
3 How I Met Your Mother
4 30 Rock
5 Family Guy
6 The Inbetweeners
7 Marking Time (Australian series about the treatment of immigrants in country towns, written by John Doyle, or "Roy" from Roy & HG)

Jericho
Alias
Even Stevens
Monk
Burn Notice
Phil Of The Future
Everybody Hates Chris

1. The Wire
  2. Breaking Bad
  3. Arrested Development
  4. Battlestar Galactica
  5. The West Wing
  6. 30 Rock
  7. It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

(honourable mention to Eastbound and Down)

Back
Top Bottom