Top 5 Fave movie moments.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeadMansParty

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Mine of course for me number 1 is when Darth Vader saves luke Skywalker.

#2 When Forrest Gump breaks from his leg braces and runs.

#3 Godfather, the scene where michael Kills the mobster and the crooked police chief.

#4 The ending of Rudy when they all chant his name.

#5 The ending of E.T. when E.T. says ouch for the last time to Elliot.

not in order

In Braveheart, when the kings soldiers pleaded for William wallace for him to ask for mercy, and instead Wallace shouts "Freedooooooooooooom"

In Saving private Ryan, When Capt Miller Tells Ryan to "earn it" :sad:

Good Will Hunting, the whole "it's not your fault: scene

Anton Chighurs " friendo" and "how much have you lost in a coin toss" scene in No Country for old men

the end of Die Hard

so many to tell.........................got lot more

Shawshank when Morgan Freeman is walking on the beach.

Sin City - every scene with Marv.

Pulp Fiction - Man, i don't know which is my favorite scene. Probably Samuel L. in the diner @ the end.

American Beauty - when Lester and Ricky Fitch are smoking a joint behind the catering hall, "I quit. So you can't fire me. Now leave me alone."

Field of Dreams - when Kevin Costner asks his dad to have a catch.

Lots more, and that list would probably change everytime I did this. No Star Wars, no Braveheart, no Godfather. Wow.

The Godfather Part II - Michael confronts Fredo in Cuba
("I know it was you, Fredo... you broke my heart. You broke my heart!")

Pulp Fiction - Jules schoolin' Bret in the apartment
("Say what again! I dare you, I double dare you muthafucka! Say what one more goddamn time!")

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - The Tiger Shark Sequence
("In 12 years, she'll be 12 and a half..."
"That was always my favorite age.")

Heat - The Diner Scene
("If it's between you, and some poor bastard who's wife you're going to turn into a widow... brother, you are going down."
"...There's a flip side to that coin.")

The Empire Strikes Back - Han gets frozen in carbonite
("I love you..."
"I know.")

*Dumb and Dumber
"...some place warm, where the beer flows like wine, and beautiful women instinctually flock like the salmon of Capastrono. I'm talkin' about a little place called AAssppeennnn..."

*Good WIll Hunting
The scene where Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are sitting on a pickup truck, on break from the consrtuction work, and Affleck tells Damon that if he's still there, 20 years from then, working at the construction site and screwing around south boston, that hes gonna kill him. He then goes on to tell Damon that the best part of his day is when he goes to pick him up at his house, and he hopes Damon (Will Hunting) isn't there.

*The Matrix
On the rooftop when Neo turns to confront the agent by unloading his two pistols then proceeds to dodge the bullets returned. The agent: "Only human." Trinity: "Dodge this."

*Office Space
When Peter and company destroy the printer with the help of a baseball bat.

*...and the last scene from Monster's Inc. where Sully opens Boo's door and she says; "KITTY!":heart:

Not ordered.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Tuco leaves his brother's convent, trying to play up his family life to Blondie. Seeing through it, Blondie offers him a cigar. Main theme kicks back on, Tuco grins.

Days of Heaven - Linda's second to last monologue, "...I think they were callin' out for help of something..."

Vertigo - Madeline reborn

Alphaville - "I traveled 9000km to give it to you."

Once Upon A Time in America - Noodles visits Deborah as an old man.

Nice choices.

Tough, but off the top of my head...

Spirited Away: Chihiro and friends on the train

The Empire Strikes Back: Luke face to face with Vader for the first time

Reds: The reunion

Stardust Memories: Sandy & Dorie at breakfast listening to Louis Armstrong

Apocalypse Now: post-assassination

Fuck it, kid, now let's blow this thing and go home.

Everytime a bell rings an angel gets his wings.

Johnny Fontane never gets that movie!

I'm tryin' Ringo...

Becky's introduction in Old Town.

these aren't in any particular order:

high fidelity - when they're listening to the beta band in the record store, the camera pans around to people enjoying the song, and someone goes "hey this song is good" or something like that. john cusack's answer is the best: "i know." of course he knows, he put the song on. would he be playing it if it's bad? no. does rob or anyone else in the store care if you, that guy, think it's good? of course not. just says a lot about indie rock snobbery in that one scene. absolutely perfect.

fight club - edward norton is bleeding out while buildings are blowing up, and then the pixies song starts playing. if that's not chaos, i don't know what is. i think one of the main reasons i didn't like the book much was because this scene pretty much made the movie for me.

bringing out the dead - nicholas cage "driving out of [himself]". the clash's "janie jones" is playing along with the funky, surrealistic lighting. cool shit.

pretty much any of the mood-setting travis bickle driving around in the cab scenes, or the scene at the end where he goes a-shooting. or really, that whole movie.

hmm...i need a fifth. i don't know, i was so happy to hear the clash's "bankrobber" used in rocknrolla, but that's not it. i'm sure my last one would have to be a particularly awesome bit of david mamet dialogue fuck-ery. just not sure what exactly.

The Deer Hunter--the game of Russian roulette, Bobby D is brilliant and terrifying

Annie Hall--the scene with Christopher Walken as Annie's psychotic brother Duane talking about wanting to commit suicide while driving a car...hilarious

Big--giant floor-sized electronic piano duet of "Heart and Soul" (hey I was 8 when this came out!)

The Notebook--the canoe, the rain, "It still 'aint over"...'nuff said

The Bourne Identity--when Bourne's badass instincts kick in and he disarms two policemen in the park in seconds...pretty much any action scene in the whole series

*I reserve the right to change my mind at any time* :wink:

Back
Top Bottom