Top 3 TV characters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He was definitely best as the butt of the office; then when he transformed into the boss it was even better because he was totally vindictive with it. And that beard. (he being 'Ryan', I've obviously missed a bunch with this page open).

Tony Soprano/Don Draper - both excellent, but aren't they both essentially the same character? So I can count them as one.

Bill Haverchuck - Freaks and Geeks - comedy and pathos at its very, very best

Larry David - Curb Your Enthusiasm

Fuck you all for letting this thread get to three pages without a single character from the greatest show on television history being mentioned, much less the greatest TV character of all time:

omar-community-michael-k-williams_featured_photo_gallery.jpg

To round out the other two ill go with George Costanza and Walter White, with honourable mentions to Cosmo Kramer, Hawkeye Pierce, Tony Soprano, and Stringer Bell.

Al Swearengen
Stringer Bell
George Costanza

Honorable Mention to:

Malcolm Tucker
Selina Meyer
Omar Little
Hawkeye Pierce
Alex P Keaton
A magician named Gob
Frank Furillo

Hawkeye Pierce- MASH

Easily my #1 pick.

Elliot Stabler - Law and Order SVU

Up until the end of...season 7, I think? Whichever was the one before it went to shit, I can't remember. And my definition of the season where it went to shit was that one where what'sherface who played Benson had a baby so they had her disappear to work with the Feds on that hippie terrorism case. So yeah, Stabler til like season 7 or so. Coincidentally around the time the makeup people started spray painting that opossum hair on Meloni's head.

3...um, Vegeta from Dragonball Z? Or maybe since we're clearly channeling my childhood here, Gary Hobson from the ultra-cheesy Early Edition gets an honorable mention (or because I've been laughing at how lame and dated that show looks now all morning).

Good to see Hawkeye get some love. MASH had a lot of great characters, but obviously, it was Hawkeye's show. First TV show where I heard "curses" like bastard, jackass and son of a bitch.

Holy shit! I just realized where the bakery dude was from. He was in Jarhead and also was on Boardwalk Empire. His name is Brian Geraghty. He looked like a baby in that scene. Funny that he got shot in the foot. Kind of like when Spider got shot in the toe in Goodfellas.

Up until the end of...season 7, I think? Whichever was the one before it went to shit, I can't remember. And my definition of the season where it went to shit was that one where what'sherface who played Benson had a baby so they had her disappear to work with the Feds on that hippie terrorism case. So yeah, Stabler til like season 7 or so. Coincidentally around the time the makeup people started spray painting that opossum hair on Meloni's head.

Yeah I couldn't believe that season didn't kill the show dead. That arc with him splitting from his wife was painful. Glad they didn't push him and Benson together. One of few examples when a network show didn't give in to a will they won't they.

One time in 2012, I saw Meloni eating at Chin Chin on Sunset in West Hollywood with (I assume) his kids. It was five minutes after I passed by Dominic Monaghan when he was going into the Andaz where I was staying.

This was the only time I encountered anything remotely approaching a celebrity in LA, and I've been back 5 times for weeklong trips since then.

Yeah I couldn't believe that season didn't kill the show dead. That arc with him splitting from his wife was painful. Glad they didn't push him and Benson together. One of few examples when a network show didn't give in to a will they won't they.

Not entirely sure anything can actually kill that show. I had to google to find out, but it's apparently still on tv. With new episodes and stuff. Since they were just re-writing the same stories with different bad guy names played by (sometimes, but not always) different actors like 7 seasons ago, and Meloni is long gone, I can't imagine why anyone would continue to watch it. I guess nursing home staff have to leave the tv on for the dementia patients chilling in the hallways and it's as good as anything.

I saw DeNiro at Shoprite when I was 10 or 11. He was buying vegetables.

Not entirely sure anything can actually kill that show. I had to google to find out, but it's apparently still on tv. With new episodes and stuff. Since they were just re-writing the same stories with different bad guy names played by (sometimes, but not always) different actors like 7 seasons ago, and Meloni is long gone, I can't imagine why anyone would continue to watch it. I guess nursing home staff have to leave the tv on for the dementia patients chilling in the hallways and it's as good as anything.

I saw DeNiro at Shoprite when I was 10 or 11. He was buying vegetables.

Funny shit! :up:

Btw, the patients aren't watching L&W. They're watching the Fox News Channel.

Holy shit! I just realized where the bakery dude was from. He was in Jarhead and also was on Boardwalk Empire. His name is Brian Geraghty. He looked like a baby in that scene. Funny that he got shot in the foot. Kind of like when Spider got shot in the toe in Goodfellas.

I thought you said that you was alright, Spider.

Lot of parallel in the two scenes, definitely intentional.

I thought you said that you was alright, Spider.

Lot of parallel in the two scenes, definitely intentional.

Oh yes, definitely. As a result of the clip you posted, I went over to youtube and took a trip down memory lane with some sopranos clips. Funny shit.

Side note: My real name is Tony and I'm 100 percent Italian. I knew a few people like the guys on The Sopranos but there were no wise guys in our family. :wink: I was born and raised on Long Island, but my parents were from Corona, Queens. The Lemon Ice King of Corona is the best place ever. :wink: Sorry, no Brooklyn roots.

Oh yes, definitely. As a result of the clip you posted, I went over to youtube and took a trip down memory lane with some sopranos clips. Funny shit.

Side note: My real name is Tony and I'm 100 percent Italian. I knew a few people like the guys on The Sopranos but there were no wise guys in our family. :wink: I was born and raised on Long Island, but my parents were from Corona, Queens. The Lemon Ice King of Corona is the best place ever. :wink: Sorry, no Brooklyn roots.

Yeah I know dat guy Tony from Long Island. He's a real pryck. ?

I've been to Lemon Ice King a couple of times before/ after going to the Yanks Vs. Mets. Probably the best ice's I've had. In Brooklyn we're all about L & B Spumoni Gardens. I miss that stuff like crazy, I've been in Cupertino/SF for work the last couple of years so that's the first stop I make every time I fly back.

Back
Top Bottom