Top 10 'Withnail and I' moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Excellent film, reminds me that I really do need to replace my creaky old VHS.

Has anyone ever been brave enough to attempt the drinking game?

From Wiki
There is a drinking game associated with Withnail & I, which is popular amongst fans and students and frequently is the first experience some people have of the film. The game - which has been dubbed 'G & T with Richard E. G.' - consists of keeping up, drink for drink, with each and every alcoholic substance consumed by Withnail over the course of the film. Most players may simply drink their beverage of choice regardless of what the characters consume, though this is viewed by the more "hardcore" Withnail & I fans as an "easy way out."[citation needed] All told, Withnail is shown drinking roughly nine and a half glasses of red wine, half a pint of cider, one shot of lighter fluid (vinegar or overproof rum are common substitutes), two and a half shots of gin, six glasses of sherry, thirteen glasses of whisky and half a pint of ale.[12] Drinking this amount of alcohol (around 40 units, or approaching a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.40) in a single sitting would be extremely dangerous, if not fatal.[13]

Being a total lightweight, I have not.

Back
Top Bottom