Top 10 of the Decade: The 1970's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In what way? It's not better shot, written, or acted. And it's not scarier, either? This is more of a guilty pleasure to me than an actual great work.

Yeah, your right. Even though I rarely tune in to Exorcist anymore, it was a groundbreaking film, more shocking, better filmmaking. I did have it on the list, then switched it for The Omen :shrug: I still remember all the hype surrounding it when it came out. News reports of people passing out, throwing up, having to leave the theater. Really had you psyched out walking in. My girlfriend had to leave at some point. Couldn't take it anymore. It was something new.

And since I'm on the topic of Friedkin, my favorite film by him is Sorcerer. Sorta forgotten, but a nice study in suspense and one of Roy Scheider's better performances (though not near his work in All That Jazz). And a very good complimentary soundtrack from Tangerine Dream.

And I saw on one or two lists Aguirre, the Wrath of God. That is a real good one also and has my favorite Popol Vuh album as it's soundtrack. The music might be credited to Florian Fricke, not sure. Enhances the film nicely, and stands on it's own also.

Just a thought, since I just mentioned a couple soundtracks. How 'bout some sort of soundtrack thread? That would be fun.

Back
Top Bottom