Top 10 of the Decade: The 1960's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm curious. Did anyone ever make a good film version of "The Fall of the House of Usher"

That's easily my favorite Poe story.

There's that one film with Vincent Price that I'm rather fond of.

EDIT: Oops, didn't notice Purpleoscar's post starting a new page there.

1960 -- House of Usher
You get the great Vincent Price, a Les Baxter score and a Richard Matheson screenplay.

Watch it alone... if you dare !!
hide%20couch.gif

By the way, and not that anyone actually notices/cares, but the reason I'm not participating in what I find to be a series of interesting threads is that I am currently a work in progress as it pertains to a lot of older/foreign films. I just don't think that my list as of today will look anything like it will in a year, nor does it resemble the list I'd have compiled 6 months ago. I know that such a thing goes for everyone, our tastes evolve and the # of films we watch grows....but I'm making my way through some true classics and some of them would definitely appear on my lists.

That being said, I have read every post in every related thread and will continue to do so until you all are done. I appreciate the differing perspectives, to say the least.

Also, the next few decades find me on my firmest ground, but I'll still abstain at this point.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this, glad you guys are doing this.

I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. And to answer your question, pal, why am I here? I came here because Mitch and Murray asked me to, they asked me for a favor. I said, the real favor, follow my advice and fire your fucking ass because a loser is a loser.

I can't believe Jack Lemmon wasn't nominated for that film, especially when Pacino was acknowledged for his contribution to it. He was easily better than anyone else that year with the exception of Denzel, certainly moreso than the hammy Pacino for Scent of a Woman.

By the way, and not that anyone actually notices/cares, but the reason I'm not participating in what I find to be a series of interesting threads is that I am currently a work in progress as it pertains to a lot of older/foreign films. I just don't think that my list as of today will look anything like it will in a year, nor does it resemble the list I'd have compiled 6 months ago. I know that such a thing goes for everyone, our tastes evolve and the # of films we watch grows....but I'm making my way through some true classics and some of them would definitely appear on my lists.

That being said, I have read every post in every related thread and will continue to do so until you all are done. I appreciate the differing perspectives, to say the least.

Also, the next few decades find me on my firmest ground, but I'll still abstain at this point.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this, glad you guys are doing this.

I get what your saying and pretty much feel the same way, that is why I threw up only six movies I still believe are note worthy or ground breaking.
My opinions, or how much I like a certain film changes over time.

Gonna blast a few off that probably weren't mentioned.

Dr Strangelove - Kubrick '64 I'm sure this was listed somewhere. Anyways my favorite from Stanley
The Birds - Hitchcock 63 Yeah, it's no Psycho, but I've always liked this one alot
Mysterious Island - Endfield 61 Soldiers escape the civil war in giant balloon and end up on Captain Nemo's island. More fine Harryhausen
The Wild Bunch - Peckinpah 69 Forebearer of the violence to come in the 70's.
The Great Race - Edwards 65 Great slapstick. Might get a bit long here and there but an overall terrific comedy
The Haunting - Wise 63
The Good the Bad and the Ugly - Leone 66
Lawrence of Arabia - Lean 62 Well, had to put in a couple of classics, at least.
Z - Costa-Gavras 69
Darling - Schlesinger 69 The British got the 60's so much better than USA

I must be missing a shitload of greats :wink: On to the 70's!

Hardy, if you keep up at this pace, your brain is going to explode with film nostalgia. :wink:

I'm glad you're adding more lists to these threads. The more the merrier, as they sometimes say.

Hardy, if you keep up at this pace, your brain is going to explode with film nostalgia. :wink:

I'm glad you're adding more lists to these threads. The more the merrier, as they sometimes say.

:lol: Can you say................. headache!!!!!!!!!

Like the avatar GAF :up:

Can't stop now, cuz I don't know when I'm gonna get back here.

Back
Top Bottom