Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
awesome

IMG_4152.JPG

:applaud:

Reports saying NBC will keep all of Conan's material(characters, skits, etc), so no more 'In The Year 3000', 'Conando', etc.

Apparently Triumph might be an exception, because some are saying that Triumph actually belongs to Robert Smigel and not NBC.

He addressed this last night, but neither confirmed nor denied it.

I rarely watch late night television anymore, so I hadn't seen any of Conan on the Tonight show. With all the uproar, I went back and watched a few episodes. It's surprisingly unfunny. Doing his own thing is probably best for him.

He's a likable guy, but I have to agree. I watched a couple recent episodes with all the fuss. Every time one of his monologue jokes didn't go over well, he started doing his Russian dance, arms waving. I guess people think that's funny?

Today was Pure.Comedy.Gold. I can't remember when I've laughed so much as I did during tonight's Conan. Everyone HAS to see the Bugatti Mouse bit...gawker.com has been doing recaps of the late night shows and they've got a clip of this skit.

I would not feel bad for Conan. He has at least 45 million reasons not be upset, as well as the support of most people out there.

Sandler agent: Maybe we should look into something else
Sandler: Nah, I'm happy at SNL
Agent: Maybe we should look into other options
Sandler: Nah
Agent: Maybe we should.....
Farley runs into room: (must be said in Farley voice :) ) " We're getting FIRED!!!! :lol:

40 million would help anyone cope, but I wonder if Conan regrets leaving Late Night.

Maybe he should pull a Leno, and take Late Night back from Fallon, since Jimmy isn't doing too well (I think). I didn't read the previous late night options article :shrug:

I wonder if he regrets it too :shrug:

Part of that 45 million was to take care of his staff - probably alot of people out of work. Not to mention many probably relocated from New York too.

And Sandler's version of "N.B.C." :lol:

This is a crazy idea, but I'm going to throw it out there:

Conan opens for U2 in the U.S. and Canada next summer.

Coco's a huge fan, he's got tons of supporters who could help the shows sell out where sales have been surprisingly slow (NY, for example). He can do a longer version of his monologue, maybe introduce some new characters. It would certainly get him press attention and keep him from being forgotten in the months before his new venture begins. And it could get U2 some goodwill from some Gen Xers who are disparaging Our Band at the moment.

Just an idea...

If that were to ever happen, he'd for sure do a short rockabilly set. He used to do it during the writer's strike. :heart:

I'm not a huge fan of Conan, but I think it sucks he has to give up the show just Leno retired then came back and now wants his old job. He should just go away.

This is a crazy idea, but I'm going to throw it out there:

Conan opens for U2 in the U.S. and Canada next summer.

Coco's a huge fan, he's got tons of supporters who could help the shows sell out where sales have been surprisingly slow (NY, for example). He can do a longer version of his monologue, maybe introduce some new characters. It would certainly get him press attention and keep him from being forgotten in the months before his new venture begins. And it could get U2 some goodwill from some Gen Xers who are disparaging Our Band at the moment.

Just an idea...

crazy pretty much summed that up that idea well...

I really wish that Letterman ended being the odd man out of late night. The guy looks like he's been running on fumes since 1995. He's annoying, his comedy is lazy and out of touch and he doesn't look like he bothers to prep for his interviews. That's in addition to being a bigger dirtbag than we thought. I was pretty shocked that he ended up beating Conan in the ratings as easily as he has.

Back
Top Bottom