Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From 11.35 has always been the Tonight Show - with Jay Leno. That will continue until 29 March. Conan then takes over the Tonight Show from 1 June.

From 12.35 it was Late Night with Conan but this was taken over by Late Night with Jimmy Fallon in the shuffle. Unfortunately, in my opinion, Jimmy's take on "Late Night" is really lame.

I haven't watched a second of Late Nite since Fallon arrived but for his musical guests. They're scheduling damn good ones, what with yr Santigolds, yr Yeah^3s, and yr Nationals.

no more Jay Leno = :up:

Jay is supposed to have a nightly show at 10:00pm on NBC. I really never liked Jay as the host of the Tonight Show. I didn't like his "interviewing" skills and such. I much preferred him when he was doing stand-up and would appear on Letterman.

conan.gif

Ya, Jimmy Fallon has had on some good guests, it's his sense of humour I don't find that funny. In his defence, the show is new so maybe it will be like when Conan started out and no one really took to the show for a while.

It should be interesting to see how 4 NBC talk shows in a row on weeknights will pan out. Leno, Conan, Fallon....and then that square headed chap.

Jay is supposed to have a nightly show at 10:00pm on NBC. I really never liked Jay as the host of the Tonight Show. I didn't like his "interviewing" skills and such. I much preferred him when he was doing stand-up and would appear on Letterman.

conan.gif

I'm with you on that Lila. Not to mention Leno has such an odd face he's a bit harsh on the eyes. Some of his guests are great, and he seems lik ea gracious host. I think his interview skills are so lacking he and his band of writers have to make up skits and pre-plan interaction with guests. I much prefer the style of Letterman. I even prefer Jimmy Fallon and Craig Ferguson...those guys are spontaneous and entertaining in their own comedy...they don't have to rely on pre scripted material. I prefer that kind of show, especially when host and guest really have great chemistry and hit it off great.

I too have been turned off by Leno's grotesque face.

But really, if we're comparing interview skills, Conan's not that great either... his goofiness and humor make for some fun conversations, but rarely anything substantial, you know? Letterman is the best with actual interviews out of any of them, and I'm not that big of a fan of his pre-interview material.

I just hope that sort of charm sticks around when he makes the switch.

Well done, my young Cockawan. I never got into Power Rangers, but Beetleborgs and VR Troopers? You better believe it.

Like every child in America, the kids in that video all wear overalls as a sign of solidarity.

I have it on good word that Pearl Jam will be the first ever musical guest on Conan's Tonight Show.

How cool is that? I'll answer for you. It's very, very fucking cool. It would be best if they played a new song, but they won't...it'll probably be a cover or some old standard from their catalogue but still. Yes!

I have it on good word that Pearl Jam will be the first ever musical guest on Conan's Tonight Show.

How cool is that? I'll answer for you. It's very, very fucking cool. It would be best if they played a new song, but they won't...it'll probably be a cover or some old standard from their catalogue but still. Yes!

Yeah this is official news its on PJ's website, and they have annouced they WILL BE PLAYING NEW SONGS!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:,

V fuckin cool indeed!!!!!

PEARL JAM SCHEDULED AS MUSICAL GUEST FOR JUNE 1ST PREMIERE OF “THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH CONAN O’BRIEN” | Pearl Jam - Ten Club

First week of guests:

Monday- Will Ferrell, Pearl Jam
Tuesday- Tom Hanks, Green Day
Wednesday- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Bradley Cooper, Sheryl Crow
Thursday- Gwyneth Paltrow, John Mayer
Friday- Ryan Seacrest, Chickenfoot

Plus, Conan is going to be on Jay's last show this coming Friday. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom