Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was kind of expecting Max to be more involved. Hopefully he will be. I like him better than Andy, who I really don't care for.

Pearl Jam rocked! :drool:
The set is beautiful
I liked him running to LA and stopping in the doll store:lol:

When he brought out his Taurus, I seriously lost it. I forgot about his car until last night. I haven't seen it in years. That and Will Ferrell's entrance were classic. :up:

it was good... not great, some great parts, but just good... solid. which is good... ya don't really want an unbelievably great start to where there's no where to go but down.

Pearl Jam was the best part, that and the opening skid of him running to the show.

The rest was pretty boring.
Andy was banished to an odd spot, like a child placed in 'time out'.

The Jimmy Fallon show was much better last night. Better writing. The Slow Jam news was hilarious. The Roots Band is way cool.

I'm not a huge Andy fan...Max is funnier...

Overall, I've seen Conan funnier...BUT DON'T GET ME WRONG, still laughed my ass off.

I miss him, NYC isn'y the same without this plae irishman :(

Well, I thought it was quality Conan. It was the first episode, I'm sure Max will be back in it soon enough. Glad to see it wasn't the trainwreck I was expecting...

I'm sure once he gets settled he will be really good...

I lost it with the Ford Taurus skit...:lol:

Tom Hanks and Green Day tonight...should be good!

Though the Tonight Show has been around for 55 years, this was essentially a pilot episode, and, realistically, you shouldn't expect much more than that. Accordingly, it was quite broad and lacked the insularity of vintage Conan, but I found it 10 times more entertaining than anything I've seen on the Leno-hosted Tonight Show. I don't think Conan could ever truly fill the shoes of, say, Carson, and if he tries, he's going to fail. Just as he did with Late Night, he needs to recreate what hosting the Tonight Show means, and mold it into his own image. This is going to take time, and I hope NBC gives it to him.

Personally, I think for a guy whose shtick is being the awkward fish-of-water, that first episode felt remarkably natural. He needs to get Max involved, engage the crowd a bit more (who, unfortunately, felt very distant, and I got the vibe that Conan was a bit uncomfortable with the size of the studio), and focus on the sketches, rather than gaudy, high-profile guest stars. Ultimately, if he can use his increased budget and larger canvas to his own ends, rather than playing to expectations, he'll be fine.

Good show last night...Rodeo Road

AND THAT CALI DRIVERS LICENCE!
:applaud:

But not that much Max :sad:, and Conan looks a bit uncomfortable with the size of the studio...but I'm sure he'll get over it with time!

Green Day sounded great, they sure are an amazing band live.

pearl jam is in my personal triad of awesome along with u2 and springsteen... while i like green day a lot, they haven't yet cracked into the pantheon with the other three. but i will say this... green day last night was a better performance than pearl jam's opening night performance... largely due to the fact that the mix was right.

I'm so glad that Conan has replaced the ridiculously unfunny Leno. I'm just sad that he has to go up against the "original" Conan (Dave) at 11:30. I've loved both of those guys since I was a kid...thank god for dvr and hulu!

I wonder how tonight is gunna be, the guest is Julia Louis-Dreyfus...don't know much about her...

Gwyneth Paltrow in Thursday...

Patton Oswald in Fridays show...that guy is very funny!

r2n53k.gif

:wink:

Ok, I'm all caught up now, tonight will be the first time I finally watch "live" exciting. I'm loving it so far, hope it keeps going this well.

Everything about Writers Strike Conan was good. I really do miss the insanity of those episodes.

I watched Jimmy Fallon for the first time since he started out last night because of Steve Martin and Paul Simon playing with The Roots (!!!), and didn't laugh once until Martin, one of my heroes, came out and was awesome like usual.

Maybe he needs a season or two to find his groove, but that's what I thought about his SNL career... and ill-fated movie career. Maybe Jimmy Fallon flat out sucks? Probably.

At least Conan was on the ball last night. Still don't like how separated Andy is from the action, but that's alright, I guess.

i think Andy has to go....just like he left before

honestly Conon feels like he lost his groove, stage fright? Slow awkward monologue, prying for laughter...

maybe its just me :reject:

Back
Top Bottom