They Shoot Pictures, Don't They? 1,000 Greatest Films

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fucking tons I've never heard of.

Very sobering, but, as I sort of alluded to with my first post in here......I'm not even close to being a true film buff.....just a guy who loves watching movies and is trying to get exposed to things from before my time or not on the mainstream radar.

So you're telling us you watch shit most of the time?

I don't watch nearly enough films, is what I'm saying.

My father's a man who has probably seen about 150 films, and just likes to re-watch his favorites and quote his favorites. And I haven't even seen half of them because he and my mother won't purchase films that are rated R since we still have so many young kids in the house who they don't want watching those films.

Also, neither of them listen to any music (aside from my mother owning like 15 greatest hits albums), so I was also pre-destined to be way behind in that as well. I focused on fixing that, while neglecting to fill in major gaps in my viewership of films.

When I posted that it was actually in response to the Jew. That's what I get for not quoting all the time. Sorry.

I don't watch nearly enough films, is what I'm saying.

My father's a man who has probably seen about 150 films, and just likes to re-watch his favorites and quote his favorites. And I haven't even seen half of them because he and my mother won't purchase films that are rated R since we still have so many young kids in the house who they don't want watching those films.

Also, neither of them listen to any music (aside from my mother owning like 15 greatest hits albums), so I was also pre-destined to be way behind in that as well. I focused on fixing that, while neglecting to fill in major gaps in my viewership of films.

Well, at least you're determined to expand your artistic horizons. Going away to college should help.

When I posted that it was actually in response to the Jew. That's what I get for not quoting all the time. Sorry.

I still refuse to recognize having seen 140 from one list as being unimpressive, regardless of age. Compared to most people, that's a lot.

I think I already made what I was saying clear. Just because a film is not in the top 1,000 does not make it shit. And, you've known me a while, does it seem like I only watch crap films? Outside of Dune.

That all being said, I have much cinematic work to do.

Well, at least you're determined to expand your artistic horizons. Going away to college should help.

Livin' in the shanty dorms.

I still refuse to recognize having seen 140 from one list as being unimpressive, regardless of age. Compared to most people, that's a lot.

Not just that, but having a wide variety of interest, too. That has to be hard.

This is true. I actually wasn't even that interested in film until my Freshman year, and probably still wouldn't be if I hadn't been in the course of study I was/am in.

I think I already made what I was saying clear. Just because a film is not in the top 1,000 does not make it shit. And, you've known me a while, does it seem like I only watch crap films? Outside of Dune.

You haven't even seen The Room. I would say, based on that fact, that you're not watching enough crap films.

And, you've known me for a while, does it seem like I'm ever all that sincere?

Kill yourself.

It's funny...my interest in literature, film and music was more fostered in HS (I went to a unique HS), as well as my obvious passion for following and playing sports.....the thing that blossomed in college was my desire to travel.

And, you've known me for a while, does it seem like I'm ever all that sincere?

Kill yourself.

You're Jersey Shore garbage who's been swimming in medical waste for a little bit too long to be fully functional any longer.

Well, "Seppuku" was a film title on the Top 1,000, so, let me watch that, and then I will commit the act itself, as you have decreed.

Little Lord Piss is as smart as they come, but his retorts could use a little polishing. He's been raised by Puritans, though, so bear that in mind. At least his Dad likes sports.

mario_2.gif

Little Lord Piss is as smart as they come, but his retorts could use a little polishing. He's been raised by Puritans, though, so bear that in mind. At least his Dad likes sports.

Cheap Puritans, too. I'm paying for my entire college education.

THE EXCEPTION dunks from the free throw line, poorly references some Chevy Chase film, and then falls asleep watching the Phils. Repeat.

I don't know Lance as well as you guys, so my insults are weak with him. In due time, he'll be in as bad of shape as Thom Schrempf.

Cheap Puritans, too. I'm paying for my entire college education.

I will never, ever understand that. Unless they're dirt fucking poor and cannot put multiple kids through college so they do not want to set a precedent. Hey, you turned out really well so they're doing something right.....but I can never wrap my brain around this, no matter who the parent is.

/off-topic

Well, I am the first in a line of many, that's most of the reason. If I didn't have so many younger siblings, it probably wouldn't be an issue at all.

Back
Top Bottom