The X-Files is back for a 6-episode series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
the next mind-bending chapter is coming! | The X-Files on Fox

My first pop culture obsession. And my only true pop culture heartbreak, due to how much damage was done in those last three seasons.

Let's hope for the best! The second movie was not good. The last three seasons were pretty much (with varying degrees) a disaster. But there is always that chemistry between the two leads which always makes it watchable and the fact that Carter really should have learned from his mistakes by now.

So far it is not sure if it will be a mythology or a MOTW show or a mix of the two. Gillian Anderson mentioned in a recent interview that writers like Howard Gordon and Vince Gilligan (!) might be back. I for one am keeping my fingers crossed that Gilligan will have a chance to write one solo script. His MOTW episodes were fantastic and nobody could write Mulder/Scully banter as well as he did. Speaking of which, I really hope Darin Morgan is back too. Hopefully it's not going to be a solo Carter thing.

The mythology was so ruined by the end I have no idea how they might fix up the mess. But I shall remain cautiously optimistic. It feels surreal that both this and Twin Peaks, my two favourite shows along with The Wire, are back.

My first pop culture obsession. And my only true pop culture heartbreak, due to how much damage was done in those last three seasons.

This is me as well. (My first TV obsession, anyway. My first true pop culture obsession was Duran Duran. ha!)

Although I liked good chunks of season 7, and even season 8 had some bright spots - I liked Doggett. Let's not talk about season 9 or the whole baby arc, though.

And after the disaster that was the second movie, I kind of wish they'd just let it die.

Season 7 was more painfully dull and not as embarrassing as what came afterwards. However, the resolution to one of the most important storylines that came in the middle of the season was horrendously stupid, which is the main reason I tend to count that season among the disastrous ones as well. Not to mention that ending.

As far as Doggett goes, I thought the character was a two-dimensional cliche that could have come out of any cop show (they literally have a scene with him at home cleaning his gun), although I like Robert Patrick as an actor. He tried his best with the ridiculous writing.

It all depends on the writing staff. If it's all Carter, it's going to be very difficult to look forward to this.

How can you have a problem with Chris Carter? He's so dreamy...

nfl_u_cris-carter_mb_400.jpg

oh wait...

Love Seasons 1-6 and can't even remotely tolerate what came later. I guarantee that this will be good since it's a small episode order and that will give everyone involved the time necessary to be at the top of their game.

They should make a crossover episode with Twin Peaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gillian instagrammed a picture with her newly-dyed red hair. :drool:

And just in time. That white-blonde hair was not a good look. (Not that she's never gorgeous.)

Trying to burn through this on Netflix before the new eps. I've only ever gotten as far as season 4, but it's been years, So I've started again.

Trying to burn through this on Netflix before the new eps. I've only ever gotten as far as season 4, but it's been years, So I've started again.

Seasons 5 and 6, and the first movie are the sweet spot. Season 7 starts to really lose it, but worth cracking on.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Rhys Darby and Kumail Nanjiani are guest appearing. That is both amazing, and terrifying

Both are in the Darin Morgan episode so it's not so weird.

Kumail is a huge X-Files fan, he does a podcast called "The X-Files Files", analysing the show with guests like Glen Morgan and Mark Snow, but his absolute favorite is Darin Morgan with whom he had two big sessions and now he was invited to have a role in his episode. So it's a fanboy dream come true for him.

Last edited:
It is almost time. Joel McHale's character is supposed to be modeled on Alex Jones. Intrigued to watch. I watched the pilot today on Chiller.

If I have no idea what happened in the last few seasons am I going to be completely lost tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably not. The series ended with M & S finding out the Alien invasion will come circa 2012. They snuggle and want to believe in a higher meaning.

It's fast forwarding to a time when Alien D-Day could be getting closer. But it's not all mythology. I've heard there are 2 "Monster of the Week" type episodes

If I have no idea what happened in the last few seasons am I going to be completely lost tonight?

No, because they basically were like "remember all that shit we talked about for nine years? Forget it, all lies! They lied to us, Scully!!!!"

Oh, okay. Cool.

I mean, I was expecting this first episode to be not great (I hear it gets better), but I was not expecting all my frustrations about the show to come roaring back.

That being said, it was lovely to see them on my TV screen again and I look forward to the next five episodes.

However. I must say this about that final shot (excuse the yelling):

CANCER MAN IS FUCKING DEAD. D-E-A-D. WE SAW HIM GET BLOWN UP BY A FUCKING MISSILE IN A FUCKING CAVE IN THE SERIES FINALE. I KNEW CHRIS CARTER WAS GOING TO PULL SOME BULLSHIT LIKE THIS.

I SUPPOSE THE LONE GUNMEN ARE GOING TO MAGICALLY BE NOT DEAD AS WELL? FUCK YOU, CHRIS CARTER.

Back
Top Bottom