The X-Files is back for a 6-episode series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
. A lot of homages within that ep.

Guy's outfit resembling Carl Kolchak's

latest

Seeing two of my favourite comic actors in one of my favourite ever shows was amazing. What's more is the story itself was engaging, original, smart, funny, clever, and enthralling.

Given Darin Morgan's cult status as a favourite writer of many Philes - I'm sure most of you were as thrilled as I was when they announced he was writing an episode. That one passed all expectations. A classic I believe will sit comfortably at the top of Darin's best x files work with Jose and Clyde.

I have always been a bigger fan of the mythology, but Darin's episodes are a real exception.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The trash man wasn't as interesting as Scullys moms scenes. Gosh I wish we had more episodes. Next week looks great. Working with younger versions of themselves

Laughed a couple of times, Mulder's 76ers comment, the smiley face on the sculpture at the end. OK episode, but not what you want in a 6 episode season.

Just way too much going on.

Monster of the week, death of a Scully, more "wahhh, our baby" drama. (Can you tell I'm still bitter about that storyline?)

Overall, I am very disappointed with this mini-run. They're cramming in way too much stuff for six episodes, and it's nothing we haven't already seen. Experiments on pregnant women? It's been done. A golem? It's been done (not that it was a memorable episode). Scully's brother Bill being a dick? Done.

Although can you blame the never-seen-Charlie for getting away from that family? One sister killed as collateral damage in an alien conspiracy. The other sister kidnapped, given cancer, and cured by a computer chip in an alien conspiracy. His goodbye note probably said "LOL NOPE."

Next week appears to be another one-off. Are they going to have the finale be the other mythology episode? Or did they bring back CSM for no good reason? I don't want the finale to be yet more "making hash of the mythology AGAIN," but I think that's what it's going to be. I can only assume the intent is to continue doing these mini-runs.

But please, Fox and Chris Carter. Let it die.

I'm not as down on it. One and four weren't good, and they have been cramming too much in, but they are just feeling out the formula. Two and three were very good and great episodes. If one of the next two is as good as the second one, it will all have been worthwhile for mine

I'll get round to binge watching these six episodes at some point, but I'll be going in with fairly low expectations. I thought that the concept (as great as it was) and these two characters (as great as they were) had run their course quite awhile back. Perhaps the best thing these new episodes may accomplish would be to encourage younglings to go and explore the early seasons (and they'd be in for a treat).

That wasn't just the worst episode of the revival - it was the worst episode ever. That was distasteful, fist-pumping garbage.

A lot of people online are saying it's the worst episode ever.

Trying to do too much and be preachy on terrorism I suppose

It was awful on multiple levels. I had a few good chuckles, but it was awful.

I was appalled to see those annoying agents pop up in the preview for the finale.

I've seen a few people suggest they're being set up to be the "new" Mulder and Scully for a continued run, but holy shit, what a stupid idea that would be. Why bring in clones of Mulder and Scully to replace them? I'd say it's never going to happen, but why else would they be in the finale?

Ugh.

At least the Lone Gunmen cameo was a hallucination, not "Oh surprise, we're not really dead" thing.

I think it's a bigger question of Anderson's/Duchovny's availability and/or willingness to do future episodes. Which brings up the theory of "new agents," which would be a terrible idea.

I suppose it might not be too hard to do more mini-seasons a few years apart. But still. LET IT FUCKING DIE, CHRIS CARTER YOU BASTARD.

I've maybe seen half a dozen episodes of X-Files, but I've been endlessly fascinated by the responses to this new season. The last episode sounds like a shark jump of the highest order.

Uuughh tone seemed way off. It's the endgame but had the dread of normal episode of Fringe. X-Files is supposed to scare the shit out of you. The plague to end all plagues deserved much better. As I predicted the door is left open for more.

First 3 episodes of the 6 were great.

X-Files did gives us Vince Gilligan and he's still in his prime on Monday Nights.

Have to say that the episode redeemed the first one a bit for me. Not as bad as others are saying. I think the season as a whole suffered for the shortened run, and they didn't work it out properly. Episodes one and six would have been better if they spread the info over two parts each. They could have abandoned episode 5 as a result. It was a festering turd. 2 and 3 were the highlights for me, 6, then 1. 4 was a standard MOTW, 5 was an abortion.

The product placement deal with Ford was too much, hitting a low point when we saw Scully arriving at the office at the beginning of the episode and getting her very small briefcase out of the otherwise completely empty back of her vehicle (cause yeah it wouldn't fit on the seat beside her) so we could watch the automatic rear door close.

Was watching the time tick away and knew they'd either resolve the outbreak way too quickly and easily or worse, leave it as a cliffhanger...sure enough Stallone on a mountain.

Don't like Agent Einstein at all and they gave her far too prominent a role in this episode. Miller I didn't mind.

The writing could have been better but im still a fan for nostalgia's sake at least. I actually enjoyed this but i do agree it wasn't what i had remembered. I do hope they give it another go.

Back
Top Bottom