The X-Files is back for a 6-episode series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't worry Alicia. Only about a year until Twin Peaks returns. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, because they basically were like "remember all that shit we talked about for nine years? Forget it, all lies! They lied to us, Scully!!!!"

Oh, okay. Cool.

I mean, I was expecting this first episode to be not great (I hear it gets better), but I was not expecting all my frustrations about the show to come roaring back.

That being said, it was lovely to see them on my TV screen again and I look forward to the next five episodes.

However. I must say this about that final shot (excuse the yelling):

CANCER MAN IS FUCKING DEAD. D-E-A-D. WE SAW HIM GET BLOWN UP BY A FUCKING MISSILE IN A FUCKING CAVE IN THE SERIES FINALE. I KNEW CHRIS CARTER WAS GOING TO PULL SOME BULLSHIT LIKE THIS.

I SUPPOSE THE LONE GUNMEN ARE GOING TO MAGICALLY BE NOT DEAD AS WELL? FUCK YOU, CHRIS CARTER.

All of my feelings, exactly

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not a good episode at all last night (though I did like the Roswell flashbacks quite a bit), and I agree with with Cori's comments 100%, but I'm still looking forward to tonight's episode.

Oh, I am too. There were three episodes screened for critics, and the consensus was that the first one sucks, the second one is better, and the third (a Darin Morgan episode) is excellent.

Also, Scully needs a better wig.

Really really wanted to like it - but couldn't help but feel underwhelmed. Not just in terms of story or nitpicking how they're retconning parts of the original mythology in order to justify a six-episode miniseries (which would be sacrilegious for most myth-arc series like this one but this series truly needed some help), but just in terms of...tone, I guess. I felt like Gillian was about to start laughing about half the time. Still love me some Scully though. Yum.

It just felt...disjointed. Also Mulder going from 0 to 100 in terms of emotions - so quickly and unbelievably. This guy who has seen so much - experienced so much - is suddenly experiencing this sea change cult-like belief in the space of about two scenes. I'm not gonna spend any more time bitching about it, we'll see how it ends up.

I will give props to the girl - she was a pretty good actress, Sasha or whatever the hell her name was. While Joel McHale is still a massive douche and not even in an Alex Jones-crazy douche kind of way - which would be fitting for the character - but just in his merely-handsome untalented ass clown riding on the backs of others kind of way.

All that said, Chris Carter makes me appreciate Damon Lindelof all the more.

The actress who played Sasha has a major character in the last few seasons of The Americans.

Really really wanted to like it - but couldn't help but feel underwhelmed.

this is a success
this had no chance, and comes out somewhere between ok and blah

lesson learned you can never go home again, lightning does not strike twice

well, then every once in a great while there is the exception, David Bowie, the rare exception,

i;m not expecting too much from any Lynch - Twin Peaks reboot either,

The actress who played Sasha has a major character in the last few seasons of The Americans.

Annet Mahendru (gorgeous)

annet_mmm-300x200.jpg

Somehow I'm hoping she slipped out of the car

That episode was definitely better. Some things I didn't love, but quite a bit better than yesterday.

I know they only have six episodes to play with, but everything feels so rushed.

Is Scully an agent again? Is she a doctor moonlighting as an agent in her free time? Did she quit the hospital job?

The imaginary flashbacks were both lovely and super sad. I did like that bit of the episode.

Next week is a Darin Morgan episode, so I have super high hopes.

That episode was awesome. Loved it.

One thing I don't like so far is the seemingly final decision that certain things didn't happen. When Mulder was talking to the doctor in the Mall, he claimed the warring races of aliens thing either didn't happen, or was irrelevant. We all saw it happen, and we all saw the Syndicate get burned alive in the hanger.

At least in this one, Mulder mentions the alien-human hybrid experiments of the Syndicate, so I am hoping all they are saying with the above is that that stuff happened, but was independent of the new mythology story-arc.

I saw the suggestion that this episode was meant to air later in the short run? Which is possible, but what the fuck, if so. Six episodes and you have to mess with the order, even if airing them in the proper order might clear up some of this shit?

(Obviously, I don't know that this is the case, but it would not surprise me at all.)

It did feel like a big time jump from end of episode 1 to beginning of episode 2. X files office went from empty to packed with file cabinets again, Mulder went from dressing like a hobo to back in suits and shaving. Its very possible they messed with the order.

Could be. Wouldn't be surprised.

Perhaps they felt it was quite strong, and were worried that without it next day, Ep 1 would turn people off?

Last edited:
Anybody else bust up laughing when the Gupta thought Mulder wanted a BJ in the back room ?

Anyone would've thought that was the Darin Morgan episode with comedy gold like that!

I also enjoyed Mulder saying "Obamacare" as a reason for their inquiry. I like the fun timely touches. Mulder unlocking the smartphone with Sanjay's thumb. In 1993 we would have been like "what the hell?"

Also Sanjay + Gupta = Sanjay Gupta

The thumb with the smartphone was such a great touch. I was worried that their efforts to integrate the format and investigation styles with technology would basically amount to Mulder googling everything. Loved that bit.

The hype is strong for the next episode. Interviews with Rhys Darby and Darin Morgan have me pretty excited.

Didn't like the second one Cori? I loved it - the first was rushed, stilted, confusing, and frustratingly ignored previously established concepts.

The second one seemed to really improve on all of those things.

It was better than the first and had its moments, but still was far from great.

IN MY OPINION. ;)

Now that was my kind of X files episode. Not quite the same level as my all time favourite, Bad Blood but pretty darn close.

The twist on the standard human turned monster theme was extremely clever and I loved the ode to Kim Manners, very well done.

Great. I swore the actor is the voice of the Geico gekko. Went to the IMDb board. A lot of homages within that ep.

They need more than 6 of these episodes. I'm enjoying all of these.

It lived up to the hype for me.

I LOL'd at people on the internets being all "dumb, cheesy humor, it sucked!"

These people probably loved the premiere and never watched more than a handful of the original run episodes.

The only in-joke I didn't love was Mulder's ringtone. I don't know that I need the X-Files to get all meta on me.

Oh, and that whole explanation by Mulder of gender transitioning? Come on, now. Ugh.

Last edited:
I can't decide it if was my favorite or least favorite episode of the come back so far.

Back
Top Bottom