The X Factor - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:24 AM
The X Factor

Anyone watch this last night? Is that GAFs gf as one of the judges for the first episode?

The Official Site of THE X FACTOR USA

Great to see Simon and Paula back together. AI was starting to get stagnant for me.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:24 PM
I watched some of it. The guy who exposed himself (and of course they just let him keep going, even though they mentioned kids being in the audience), that just made the show look desperate. And Paula running to the bathroom to get sick.. it was all just ridiculous. Simon is the only reason I'd check it out again. Simon's manufactured feud with LA Reid was silly too.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

glad somebody else started this thread, I still can't live down I started the Glee thread.

anyways, I watched and enjoyed it.
the auditions are always the best part. I am glad they are not going overboard with the bad auditons like AI seemed to be doing

the exposure guy should have been arrested. my gress is he had something? over his thing, but it was still discusting.

the Simenese? guy was interesting, I always wondered what would happen if a Prince like artist appeared on AI? of course he would have been booted.
They say Price was booed off the stage when he opened for the Rolling Stones. Don't know if that guy is any good or not, will have to see what else he has. Same goes for the 70 day sober rehab rapper. How deep is their talent. The PussyCat doll kid seems to have enough to carry her a bit further.
It seems L A Reid wants a boy, a la Bieber again.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen
I watched some of it. The guy who exposed himself (and of course they just let him keep going, even though they mentioned kids being in the audience), that just made the show look desperate. And Paula running to the bathroom to get sick.. it was all just ridiculous. Simon is the only reason I'd check it out again. Simon's manufactured feud with LA Reid was silly too.
This part was sooooooooooo stupid and one of the few I saw, so, not a great first impression.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Yeah that was ridiculous really.. the fact that they let him keep going.

The first girl (13) was ADORABLE and amazing. I cant wait to see her again.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
glad somebody else started this thread, I still can't live down I started the Glee thread.
I've appointed myself the designated 'start all the threads for tv shows that everyone hates' person.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
my gress is he had something? over his thing, but it was still discusting.
According to my painstaking internet research he had nothing over it, thing was completely naked and exposed. No photographic evidence but maybe it was eyewitness accounts.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

I guess
my gress was wrong

If I had an underaged kid there, I would be as mad as one could be.

I wonder if everyone that gets in the building has to sign some kind of blanket release.
a 'hold harmless' for the production company.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
Is that GAFs gf as one of the judges for the first episode?
Heck yeah. Cheryl Cole. Probably my favorite person on the planet. Unfortunately, Simon Cowell fired her early on in the auditions. I'm still a bit angry about it but, oh well.

What did you think of her? I thought she lit up the screen.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #10
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I thought Simon Cowell fought for her to stay? Apparently it was her accent that they had a problem with.

Why Cheryl Cole Was Kicked Off 'X Factor' - The Hollywood Reporter

I thought she was gorgeous and I probably preferred her to Nicole Schererescissor whatever.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #11
BAW
The Flower

So far, I'm liking it a lot better than Idol, other than the stupid Simon/LA fake conflict

I thought the first girl was completely adorable but I thought they made a mistake with Siameze. He's a hotel entertainer, something Simon couldn't tolerate on AI and I think he will turn out to be a huge flop when he has to prove himself vocally, without the dancing and splits as a distraction.

And what the hell? I thought Cheryl Cole was adorable and had no problem understanding her at all. Fox obviously thinks America is too lazy to actually listen to her....well, they're probably right. And yes, that disgusting guy should have been arrested if he was truly exposing himself up there. I don't understand why they would let it go on. Very strange. And Paula was a wee bit over the top with her vomiting, lol.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

So it was the back and not the front? I don't know.

UPDATE: The contestant amidst controversy, Geo Godley, tells TMZ, his outfit was nothing worse than what you see at the beach. He further insists that his performance was inspired by his Greek Island culture. "We always dance in g-strings." Godley told TMZ, "G-Strings are legal. The PTC have no complaint to make."

But Godley admits, he still got a little carried away, adding, "I apologize to anyone that was exposed to my behind ... I had no intention of showing it and it was an accident when I fell. I was caught up in the moment."

--

Looks like the Parents' Television Council is casting its vote for "American Idol."

The oft-angry conservative organization is filing a complaint with the FCC over contestant Geo Godley's pants-dropping audition on the premiere of Simon Cowell's new music competition series. During the broadcast, which took place just after 8PM in the Central Time Zone, the singer dropped trou, much to the disgust of the judges, with Paula Abdul walking away and LA Reid blasting the display.

The producers covered the nudity with the show's logo, but that wasn't enough for the organization.

"While a digitally imposed 'X' partially covered Mr. Godley's genitals, the scene lingered on his nudity while editing in the shocked responses of the judges and other members of the audience," the complaint says (via The Wrap).

"Families were led to believe 'The X Factor' would be family-friendly programming and instead were assaulted by graphic nudity. In fact, judge Paula Abdul walked out during the performance, apparently becoming physically ill by what happened," the statement continues. "The content in this case included prolonged, un-fleeting nudity used to shock the audience. The program did not air live, so every second was carefully edited by the Fox network and cannot be attributed to a 'mistake.'"

According to Reality Blurred, a fellow auditioner claims that Godley wasn't actually nude, but wearing a "very revealing thong."

Host Steve Jones told The Sun earlier in the summer that, nude or not, Simon loved the stunt.

"I spoke to Simon backstage after and asked him what he thought," he told the paper. "He said it was probably his favorite audition ever -- and I agreed. But he didn't get through -- they said No and sent him packing to get help!"
Old 09-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

My guess was right

that is why he was not arrested.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #14
Blue Crack Distributor

Wow...I like that the X Factor actually went out of their way to make him APPEAR to be nude even. Kind of support the indignation on this one, tbh.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor

I enjoy watching these types of shows on DVR soooo much more. Two hours flies by when you're just watching the actual singing.

I really liked the shy girl in the last audition episode who sang Mary J Blige. She was pretty fantastic.