The X Factor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drew sounds like a yodeling poodle. Grade - F

I thought the whole lot of them were uninteresting save Josh. At least he rocked it out.

Simon was right with Lakoda Rayne when they got off those boxes and the silly dancers came out. Utter mess.

I'm also really put off by the big fancy production numbers and the backup dancers. It's ridiculous.

Yeah.

Excess ain't rebellion.

This show makes American Idol look like a quiet game of chess in the park.

Forget about that it was supposed to be "rock night", cause only 2 maybe 3 of them did anything remotely resembling "rocking out".

Leroy. Leroy is a guy I WANT to go far, but he keeps fucking it up. What the hell is wrong with Nicole? Good lord what a boring song, but even worse, a completely boring interpretation of it.

Chris Rene...First off, one of the judges (Paula?) said she thought he was going to go off key and no he stayed on key...uh, wtf Paula, are you tone deaf? He was so off key on the Marley parts it was making me crazy. Honestly I think this guy hit his ceiling a couple shows ago.

I thought Josh was boring as all get out, for the first time. He didn't move more than 6 feet and I could've thought of a million better songs for him. In his little intro montage he talked about his "rocker past" and he said something to the effect of "I had been doing this for 15 years hitting my head on the wall trying to figure out why I wasn't succeeding" (or something)....well, hate to break it to ya dude, this is why. You are not rock n roll, period. The stuff you came to the competition with? Amazing. Rock? Naw.

Marcus is still showing that he's born for this. Great song pick also. Clear cut best performance of the night (or maybe tied with Astro or Rachel)

Melanie...ah man Melanie I love you so much, best voice imo..but you have GOT to figure out a way to really break out. Good job though, still tops.

Astro once again kills it. F'n KILLS it.

Stacey good lord why is she still here. Good bye.

Lakoda Rain you know what this is my favorite performance of theirs and I'm not rooting for them at all. Great song choice, and I wasn't even paying attention to the stupid dancers (who does??). My only peeve with these girls is that there's a bad voice in the group. I haven't figured out who it is yet but she needs to go.

Drew does sound like a yodelling something or other. Plus, she completely missed a chance to blow that song up and kill the competition with it. Just like I said last week, her voice is ALOT smaller than Simon wants us to believe. She's out soon.

Almost forgot Rachel! Rachel really impressed me this week, I thought she destroyed that track and I love it. Top 2-3 performance.

So my tops coming out of this week are still Astro, Marcus, Melanie, Rachel.

Ok, and now about the results show

AMERICA WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU????

How the fuck does Astro - ASTRO - clearly an insanely talented kid who should go to the final four no questions ask...GET THE LEAST VOTES????

I was so upset I was fuming. This kid is so legit it's not even funny. He's everything that hip hop used to be and what NEEDS to come back. I know I shouldn't expect much from a public that thinks that idiots like Lil Wayne and 50 Cent are great rappers, but ffs this kid is the truth. And America tries to vote him off. How the hell do people honestly think that Lakoda, Drew, Chris Rene, Leroy, just to start, deserve to have a $5M contract, a Super Bowl commercial and be the next big thing BEFORE Astro? I don't wanna be the first person to go down this path and say that there is something biased or prejudiced going on, but come the fuck on.

And then.....the unthinkable...but he's only, what, 13 or so...the armour cracks. No, it splits right down the middle. He is so crushed by the rejection that he completely loses his way and turns into the spoiled brat. He had Stacey on the ropes, all he had to do was turn in a decent performance and he was good to go. Instead...

And even worse, not even when the judges are clearly trying to reach out to him, can he swallow his pride even for a second and admit he was wrong and vow to not let it happen again. Simon made an amazing point...are you going to do this the next time to?

I was so heartbroken for this kid, I mean I'm not condoning his behavior at all..but this must be alot of pressure on him and all...but he was just SO polite ("thank you sir" etc) all the time, and then he just loses it. I guess he really cares and let the whole thing get to him. They're trying to give him one more shot, I guess.

I think, however, that the number of fucking idiotic people who voted him off in the first place is only going to grow because nobody likes rewarding the sulky baby, and he's going to find himself in sing-offs for the next few shows, if not his entire remaining time on the show. Maybe he'll kill it no matter what. I'm really hoping he can, but...

I missed the results show.

Wow.

Astro was in the bottom 2? He's...uhhh...probably the best contestant on the show. Crazy. And he mouthed off to the judges or something? That's nuts. I should have tuned in.

If anybody finds video of Astro's bad attitude moment, link it here please. I need to check that out. Dude has absolutely no reason to get a low amount of votes or be in the bottom two, though. He's fantastic.

Haaaaaaaaaaaa, Lakoda Rayne covered T-Swagg! That's awesome. I still don't think they have a chance in hell of winning the whole thing, and they're certainly not the world's greatest singers but, god dammit, they're my favorites in the competition and if I was voting I would have tossed a couple their way.

I hadn't heard that R. Kelly song that Melanie sang in years. Boy, was that a blast from the past. And that song is funny as shit. R. Kelly is just a ridiculous human. Song has a nice melody, though, and she did well. Even though I'm not a huge fan.

Missed Astro's performance. How did he handle himself after last week's bullshit?

Ok so I watched the results first, the end...to see that Marcus was neck and neck with Leroy..so then watched my torrented show of the performances...only to be absolutely disgusted once again that America put Marcus in the bottom two. The youth sang Boys II Men. To his mom. Eye-wateringly so. Way to fail again America.

For the first time ever, Melanie annoyed the fuck out of me. Not her best outing.

Chris Rene..actually impressed the hell outta me. I woulda thought he was on his way out..now Im not so sure.

Oh yay..four girls who want to be the next Taylor Swift got up and sang..Taylor Swift. Yes it might have been one of their better performances, but there's still a horrible voice in the mix, and its becoming clearer and clearer what is driving the votes. Brutal.

Astro: Welcome back buddy youre brilliant kid.

God damnit why is Drew still in this?? Fuckin atrocious. I dont care if its age appropriate or inappropriate, she sounds like a yodelling beagle.

Josh..holy crap. Brilliant. My comment from last week is vindicated: Josh you are not a rocker, you should never sing another grunge song. You are a soul man thru and thru. And you are amazing. Im a believer.

Sad to see Leroy go - he had class! Of course, most voters have grandparents younger than him, so what can you do.
Josh is my current favourite.

I liked Leroy too..alot, actually. But even when it was suggested to him in a million different ways to Sunday, he just refused to budge with his boring stage presence. It was so predictable: start half-sitting on a stool, then halfway thru the song take 6 steps forward and remain in place to finish song. Over and over he did this, and it was finally the death of him. I thought he was one of the more talented voices, however.

The contestants I like....

Josh, bloody brilliant! One of my favourite songs too. I did find it hard to hear him in the beginning of the song however. Perhaps it's my tv.

Sad to see Leroy go. Another one of my fav songs..Don't Let Me Down...the Beatles....that was fucking awesome! His best performance in my opinion. I played it back loads of times.

This leaves me now with only once contestant to back. Hopefully Josh makes it to the end.

I didn't like Josh's performance at all last night. Low point of the evening imo.

Marcus looked unusually stiff but I loved the arrangement.

Loved Melanie, as usual, but even she looked a bit caught in the headlights.

I'm tired of Chris now.

Astro still killin it.

article-2071950-0F1C3D8500000578-966_634x482.jpg

Nicole should do some time for that crime.

I didn't watch it but I just read about that online, just seems like a total setup to me. The whole show seems so fake, and that's why I lost interest. That and the performers didn't interest me much. AI is fake too like all those shows, but in a much more subtle way.

Maybe that's why Nicole replaced that other judge, Simon probably wanted someone like her for specific reasons.

It's just..ew, to see a kid like that. Simon didn't want to do another AI so you have to create drama where you can.

Thought Josh would be on the ropes..although he slightly redeemed himself with his 2nd song

Chris took a huge leap fwd IMO. Really liked his acoustic song in terms of showcasing his talent.

Rachel leaving is sad but did anyone expect
Someonne really young or old going all the way

Back
Top Bottom