The Walking Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First few episodes were fantastic.

Everything on the Carol front has had a phenomenal lack of suspension of disbelief. Four people survived the Browning - three main characters and a fodder character that died immediately. Long drawn out conversations in front of hordes that clearly should've arrived and been munching on flesh before that conversation finished. Carol hiding in the roof? That made no noise? Really? And when she was in a firefight with four saviors, they indiscriminately shot ip the car she was behind and kept wasting all of their ammo? And nobody thought to shoot under the cars at any point in time? And Rick and Daryl arrive just on time to chase the escapers? Grr that last episode pissed me off so much.

These fight sequences have been so cheesy bad that it's hard to watch. At this point I would be okay if Rick suddenly wakes up from his coma and it was all a dream.

This season has been terrible so far...and Shiva? I hope Neegan kills all of them now. Screw this :angry:

Shiva :sad:

I was surprised they killed her off. I guess CGI budget cuts. :wink:

You better watch every episode of this season to make sure that it remains terrible. Hatewatching, gotta love it. :wink:

She dies that way in the comic, and i think for the sake of the show it was best she went.

I feel this season has had the worst writing of all. There’s just nothing there. There’s no real suspense, though the King E episode (where shiva dies) was the best one so far.

And the scene where Negan tells Gabriel about his wife and how he couldn’t kill her after she turned was a good scene.

But so far it’s a similar formula. Show the extras hugging family members knowing they’ll die.

Millions of bullets fired but no one gets hit.

Zero character development

I am still interested in the show, mostly due to sticking with it since the beginning.

But i feel Fear the Walking Dead is the better show now. It seems more realistic

Shiva :sad:

I was surprised they killed her off. I guess CGI budget cuts. :wink:

You better watch every episode of this season to make sure that it remains terrible. Hatewatching, gotta love it. :wink:

Ha - yes!
Though I wouldn't call it hate watching.....disappointment. Still watching though.

She dies that way in the comic, and i think for the sake of the show it was best she went.

I feel this season has had the worst writing of all. There’s just nothing there. There’s no real suspense, though the King E episode (where shiva dies) was the best one so far.

And the scene where Negan tells Gabriel about his wife and how he couldn’t kill her after she turned was a good scene.

But so far it’s a similar formula. Show the extras hugging family members knowing they’ll die.

Millions of bullets fired but no one gets hit.

Zero character development

I am still interested in the show, mostly due to sticking with it since the beginning.

But i feel Fear the Walking Dead is the better show now. It seems more realistic

Yeah I'm not going to stop watching just because it's not as good as it used to be. The moments with Negan are a notch better than the rest of the group. Sometimes I wonder if the show struggles because there are so many different characters that none of them really get a chance to be interesting, aside from the psychotic mass murderer types.

FTWD improved greatly this past season over the previous one (or two?).

I agree with the too many characters. No one has a chance to really develop because there's just too many to focus on. Negan and Rick seem to get the better lines, as they are the two "main" characters.

The King episode, where Shiva dies was pretty good because we got to see some development out of the Ezekiel. To go from his confident Shakespeare self, to his normal zoo keeper dude was a bit heartbreaking.

Carol has always been decent when she's in an episode.

The rest

Maggie hasn't done much
Jesus has taken on Morgan's role of "no kill" which is weird
Morgan has gone mental again
Daryl basically grunts and rides a bike
Michonne, up until the last episode hasn't been scene.
WHERE'S CAARRRLLL!!!

And that's leaving off about 15 other characters we know.

I'm hoping by the end of season 8, we've lost 3/4 of the cast and we can get back to a core group.

I predict:

Negan kills Carl, or Judith. Someone that will really hurt Rick.

Rick loses his mind and kills Daryl

2nd half of season is Rick trying to rally himself and the other communities to get Negan, and they still have Dwight on the inside

I predict Negan isn't killed at all, and perhaps his character's status as a villain is destroyed when his savior group is destroyed.

I also predict he rises back to power in a later season with Carl captured or something.

I also predict he manipulates Coral's failing father-son relationship (as hinted in the past).

I also predict Daryl definitely doesn't die, as Daryl isn't a comic book character. Daryl pretty much allows the show makers a free variable to control or manage differences between the comics.

Maggie hasn't done much.
i'm still wondering when she's gonna show. at all. all of this plotting can't take place in the span of a month, so how can the time between her and glenn finding out she was pregnant to today being like a couple months. but judith is still a baby so i guess everyone's just popping jet 24/7.

i know this is all fiction, but things like this really drive home how much they're milking these storylines.

No one dies that we care about... maybe it's something else that is added to the show like a new group of assholes -- if you read the comics (I don't) or just know from the twitter land -- there is another group in the pipeline... always is... so maybe they show up. What the hell happened to The Wolves?

I enjoy 5 to 7 characters, but the plots are terrible and the budget makes them do dumb things and drag shit out forever.

Maggie
Jesus
Eugene
Father Gabriel

4 characters people may like, but I can't stand as characters. I don't care at all if they live or die.

I'm getting tired of all of these characters, Rooting for an asteroid to slam into Virginia and kill almost everyone, that would be some positive character development. And somehow in the process the asteroid unearths a radioactive dinosaur that terrorizes whoever is left.

How can people be fans of TV or The Walking Dead and think Negan is going to die? I get so mad watching The Talking Dead and hearing the dumb theories.

You can google what happens to Negan in the comic books. You can find out how long Jeffrey Dean Morgan signed a contract for.

Mostly you know from just being a fan of TV shows that Negan is going to be on the show for a long long time.

Here's who gets me excited when they come on screen --

Rick -- I love crazy or sane Rick. Always. "You can take my hand..."

Negan -- he's so fun to watch and part of you agrees more with him than Rick. Rick group has killed more people than Negan's by fair it seems

The King

Jerry

Carol

Daryl but he's better when he's not talking

Carl again better when he's not talking

Morgan was cool but they've made him go back and forth so many times he became annoying to me

Aaron. i like aaron

----------

Characters that make me sad inside

Dwight
Tara
Michonne (character cool, but I don't know the performance bores me)
Maggie
Rosita (I have no idea who she is after al this time)
Jesus
Gabriel
Eugene (i don't understand him)

JADIS and the garbage people who talk like they've been isolated form society Mad Max style for 100 years, but it's been like 10 to 18 months since outbreak, maybe 2 years at most. Why are these filmmakers and artists from Brooklyn talk and act like fucking weirdos and live in a dumpster? I hate them so fucking much.

-----
some really bad acting and characters on this show. It's those moments of greatest that keeps me coming back.

I don't understand why they shoot some scenes the way they do.

"On the ground kid!"
*carl lights two smokes*
*carl somehow manages to get underground without making any noise moving a heavy sewer grating despite having a limp in approximately two seconds*
*saviors fail to find carl*

*carl somehow manages to get underground without making any noise moving a heavy sewer grating despite having a limp in approximately two seconds*

That's an old trope. You used to see that a lot in Star Trek TNG and Voyager etc where the baddies would chase a main cast member around the ship and they'd lose them for a few seconds and the main cast member would use that 2seconds to miraculously sneak into a cramped hidden area like a Jeffrey's Tube super stealth ninja quiet, then the baddies would pass without even looking into said alcove, the would camera linger for a few seconds and aha out pops a Data or a Riker head and on we go...

What a waste of a season so far. Was there even any actual dialogue in any episode?

I felt King E and Eugene’s episodes were by far the strongest. Otherwise the show felt like it was really poorly made.

Here’s some shots of people’s faces for dramatic effect (blending into one another), here’s Aaron talking about his boyfriend who died, yet until that point we saw very little interaction between them to actually make us care.

Everything just felt so literal and to the point.

I’m not upset about Carl. I am surprised of the turn because the show will definitely change from the comic, but the actor just wasn’t very good.

Can’t imagine the rest of the season being much different.

I’ll still watch with the hope that season 9 can really change directions. The war should be over, and maybe we can focus on 5-6 characters versus 25

i guess chandler has been signed on to some other show or movie. i thought he was good on the show as well. it's annoying how on talking dead, scott wouldn't even answer the question as to when caaaaarl was bitten. i hope this means it's answered in the premiere, with the opening question being "when the fuck did a walker bite you?"

i guess chandler has been signed on to some other show or movie. i thought he was good on the show as well. it's annoying how on talking dead, scott wouldn't even answer the question as to when caaaaarl was bitten. i hope this means it's answered in the premiere, with the opening question being "when the fuck did a walker bite you?"

When he was being a Good Samaritan or whatever. When it was him and the scraggly guy who has somehow survived this entire time being afraid of people but not being seen by any of them but Coral.

Also, Riggs' father was apparently livid on social media because Chandler was told two weeks before his 18th birthday that he was being cut from the show or whatever. So I don't think he was signed to another show.

When he was being a Good Samaritan or whatever. When it was him and the scraggly guy who has somehow survived this entire time being afraid of people but not being seen by any of them but Coral.

Also, Riggs' father was apparently livid on social media because Chandler was told two weeks before his 18th birthday that he was being cut from the show or whatever. So I don't think he was signed to another show.
yeah, i figured it was some time then, i just don't know the scene he vaguely referred on talking dead. i guess when that one walker kinda overpowers him and is on top of him but mystery survival dude somehow manages to save caaaaarl. that's all i can think of. i'll have to rewatch the episode i'm thinking of, or look for someone to write an article discussing the clip they think it is ad nauseum.

at the time they showed this dude i'd wondered if he was gonna be detrimental to the group somehow, i thought he was gonna have been bitten and then surprise walker, turn out to be a saviour, or just turn out to be a dick but not affiliated with the saviours. so this turn surprises me yet doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom