The Walking Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rumor has it that it may be a cliffhanger.....which would really put me over with this show. I do enjoy it, but the constant trolling of the fans....especially this season with Glenn appearing to die.....

But i do think it's him that goes Sunday night.

The only other possibility is Daryl, since Daryl is not from the comics and wouldn't totally violate the path from there. I know lots of things are different, but I'm pretty sure it's a particularly spectacular moment in the comics with many consequences. So, I don't know.

Rumor has it that it may be a cliffhanger.....which would really put me over with this show. I do enjoy it, but the constant trolling of the fans....especially this season with Glenn appearing to die.....

But i do think it's him that goes Sunday night.

Yeah if they do some stupid shit like 'make us guess who died' I'm gonna be super annoyed. It's not exciting, it's irritating.

Yeah, that was pretty irritating. Almost to a point where I don't even give a shit who died. They touted that episode as the best they've ever produced? It was only good for the last five minutes, and even that had a garbage finish.

God fuck this show. I'm gonna keep watching because I've stuck with it for so long, but god damn I was angry. Total bait and switch. At least show us the person, Jesus.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

C'mon, that ending was TV 101. Leave 'em guessing with a cliffhanger. In the old days, tv viewers didn't have 3 million shows to watch. People didn't give a shit about waiting months until the season premiere to find out what happened. Those days are gone. Nowadays, if people don't get what they want, they "vow" to never watch the show again. To each their own, I suppose. I thought the appearance of Negan was well done and by the time he got to use Lucille, I knew they'd leave us hanging. Now, I've got the whole MLB season to enjoy and by the time that's almost over, there will be a new season of TWD. Plus, during that time, everybody's favorite, Fear the Walking Dead, returns. :wink:

it annoys me because this is the third time this season they've pulled some cliffhanger "did he die/who died" crap. and there will be no buildup to it during the season opener, even if they show negan's speech again, we won't have this tension mounting over nearly 90 minutes.

frankly, i just found negan to be annoying because he just kept rambling about how he found it irritating that they killed his men (you'd think he'd find it impressive or something but okay, he can be mad about it i get it) and saying "i'm gonna kill one of you. nope wait lol i'm not. okay i am" over what i think was like 15 minutes? it went on so long i just didn't care anymore, i kept looking at the time on my screen (i was watching it online, also no commercials hence why i'm not totally sure how long it lasted) waiting for the episode to be over.

i mean hell, they could've at least shown who was getting beaten but left us wondering if the person would somehow survive it. you know, maybe negan wasn't gonna kill them after all, just beat the shit out of them to teach them a lesson and leave them basically comatose but not dead and we're wondering if they're gonna survive.

don't read this if you didn't click on the link sicy posted
i warned you
if it is glenn, then maggie will definitely lose the baby if she hasn't already. the stress of watching her husband be beaten to death would be too much to bear i'd imagine.

yeah, i mean chris hardwick and the gang made a good case for the cliffhanger on talking dead, but ultimately it came off as "i'm an amc employee and i'm paid to praise the show!!" or something. but i mean everyone has their own opinion. scott gimple was talking about his love of cliffhangers on shows and yeah, i get that too. but it's gotta be built up to the right moment.

kind of a classic one is the who shot j.r. thing on dallas. the cliffhanger still showed him getting shot, you just didn't know who fired the gun. had twd written/shot it, it would've gone to black and you would've heard a gunshot and not known who or what got shot. not totally the same thing since dallas and twd aren't the same kind of shows but still.

If Glenn is the one who dies, like the way Glenn dies in the graphic novel, then I think Maggie's baby survives. This way, Glenn's legacy lives on.

I wasn't exactly happy that they didn't reveal who Negan killed. 6 months is a long time to find out. But, the creators of the show felt that was the best way to transition into the next season. For the first time, the Group are going to be subservient to another group. That will be interesting to see.

plus you know it's not going to be the opening shot of episode one. that episode will probably be like some backstory on negan, maybe another episode too showing us the people at hilltop. iirc the same thing happened with the magic dumpster, we still had to wait at least one episode, i can't remember how many now.

I mean, cliffhangers are fine. They worked so well on LOST. But LOST didn't rehash the same plot lines over and over either like WD does.

I wouldn't really call this a conventional "cliffhanger" though. Sure, it's a cliffhanger... but I would imagine a cliffhanger to be more like... the threat of someone about to be killed and then -cut-. That leaves you mildly less annoyed and in the heat of the action. So far as I'm concerned, almost every major character in that show witnessed the killing. There's no reason we shouldn't have.

From what was discussed on Talking Dead, the death of the unknown character and the Group's reaction to it is the backbone for next season. My guess says it's a person who has been a cast member since the first season. I believe that next season will be a new era for the show. Not only will they lose this major cast member and have to deal with that loss, but they'll also have to adjust to having to be subservient to someone else. Something they've never done before.

Gimple/Kirkman both said the opening to Season 7 will be showing us who was killed. No bullshit like they did with Glenn the first time....

But they said that they felt it was best to end it like this, because it's the end of this story. Now the story is how the group changes from the incident.

I guess that's OK....but they do troll the fanbase a lot. which is stupid

Back
Top Bottom