The Walking Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I could see that. Also, he wasn't on Talking Dead. And they explicitly avoided his name and replaced it with "I hope this isn't true" or something like that.

If he's alive, his end is still in this season though.

Ack really?

Even if he's still alive, I can't imagine a believable way for him to get out of that alley filled with walkers. I suppose he'll slip under the dumpster and Rick will obviously also live and some noise will make them leave or something but eh. This is why Game of Thrones is so good, nobody is safe and not many dumb cop outs like that.

And here I thought they'd finally not just let every single red shirt die and all the heroes magically live. Meh. I'd hate to lose him, but it would make the show so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm not sure if Glenn is dead either. He's one of the originals of the show. If he were dead, they would have spent a little more time showing his death. Episodic tv does have a way of doing wacky things to make you "stay tuned". This one of them. Glenn dying isn't necessarily going to make the show much better. There have been several cast members who have died over the years. Plus, it is a tv show. We are supposed to suspend our disbelief that somehow Glenn could possibly escape. But, if he were dead, I would have to think that Maggie turns out to be pregnant, so his death isn't totally for nothing.

Whether he is dead or not, i love the character but the show would lose some credibility if they save him after we at least think he is dead. That said, i won't be upset if he lives because i do love the character. However, since some folks are saying he dies in this season anyways, might as well just kill him now, i guess.

This is for people who have read the comic books;
I think that Glenn makes it out alive somehow but then meets his end when Negan comes around. That moment in the comic books is just so shocking and big and an insane way to introduce Negan and shows just how fucked up he is

Rick is totally gonna end up full Amputee Badass (ruffles Korrrl's hair, leaves gaping wound). Or maybe he just cut himself.

There is no way that Glenn is dead, which makes that whole setup rather gimmicky in my opinion.

I think Rick is uncertain as to what caused that hand wound and he's worried. Like, his machete cut his hand and he isn't sure it the seeping zombie blood is infecting him.

I would also be concerned - if the bite can infect then why not the blood? But then, everyone is infected right? So yeah, not sure how that works...

I think it he cut himself on the blade that was stuck in that one zombie's shoulder.

Maybe he's about to learn that putting zombie blood in his blood makes them think he's a zombie? Who knows.

He's the main character. He's not going to die (unless they know this series is being cancelled).

Can we also note that self-amputation, at this point, would be 1) reusing the same dirty blade that might've infected him already, 2) be too late, considering how long he's dwelled on it (your hands have good blood circulation, if he's infected, he's infected), 3) he would probably die without a way to stop the bleeding and 4) THEY ARE ALWAYS fighting zombies with open wounds. I fail to believe that this is the first time, in years, that someone was worried about infection of zombie blood on an open wound.

Whether zombie blood (if blood is really the word at this point) can kill you or not, is, like whether zombies can walk slow or fast, or noisy or silent, entirely dependent upon plot needs.

It's Rick, so he'll be ok. Anyone else, they'd be developing that fatal fever right about now.

They all have the virus so not sure how zombie blood inside a cut would change anything unless he dies but who knows.

Lucky7 may be right about the Glenn/Nicholas hallucination thing. Word is Nicholas had run out of bullets so he couldn't have shot himself in the head.

Yeah I actually read an article about that, too. After I said that (so if it's right I'm making my claim :p).

To me his death seems to be more about Nicholas's conflict, and less about Glenn's existence. They were playing big focus on Nicholas as a developing character. That's why I thought maybe the hallucinations were the imagination of killing someone else.

It's a wonder they didn't try to climb *into* the dumpster ASAP. Or maybe kill enough zombies that were near the base of the dumpster so as to make a wall of dead zombies.

They all have the virus so not sure how zombie blood inside a cut would change anything unless he dies but who knows.

Well if the DNA/blood doesn't do something, what is a "bite?"

There has to be a difference between them and the dead. If they die, they turn. So they have something (or something is in the air for a dying body). So if they have it, why don't they all just turn? A bite triggers something. Whether it's in the teeth or the saliva or something. The blood is a little less believable (and thus why I don't think the members from terminus would've turned for eating infected Bob).

Can we talk about how they made an hour and a half long episode that had two to four extended ads and zero answers...

That kind of pisses me off.

Can we talk about how they made an hour and a half long episode that had two to four extended ads and zero answers...

That kind of pisses me off.

I really liked it actually. I loved Eastman and I thought the episode did a good job of showing Morgan's progression and then showing how fucked up the Wolves are. Every show is gonna have bottle episodes, at least this one was good. Maybe the timing was off, but it was a really good episode.

I liked it. They needed to calm us all down and let us take a breather and learn about what kinds of things Morgan went through.

I really liked it actually. I loved Eastman and I thought the episode did a good job of showing Morgan's progression and then showing how fucked up the Wolves are. Every show is gonna have bottle episodes, at least this one was good. Maybe the timing was off, but it was a really good episode.

I liked episode. I didn't like being told it was 1.5 only to realize the reason for lengthening it was to put advertisements in between. That's misleading the viewers and capitalizing on it.

ftr i watched it on amc's website and it without commercials, it was 1:06 long (i may be off by a minute, but yeah). so it was definitely longer, even if they'd aired it without any commercials whatsoever (hahahahahah :lmao:) it was longer than its usual hour slot.

i may have had to wait until monday to watch it, but i also didn't have to see any commercials.

I wasn't suggesting it was shorter. I was suggesting they it was billed as a longer episode as a red herring to excite viewers about getting closure on Glenn's death, only to be utilized to pump in big ads for other TV shows for AMC.

It was a good episode. I just don't like the marketing tactic and being taken advantage of.

But.. it was longer than the usual 42 minutes without commercials so we got more Walking Dead time anyway so who cares?

You got 24 minutes of additional episode and only had to watch 6 minutes of additional advertising. The show has had a fractured chronology from one episode to the next since the back half of season 4, to allow for better individual episodes. Like any other network, AMC are going to promote their new shows during the ad breaks of their current hits.

Why is any of this so offensive? If you had known that the Glenn issue would go unresolved this week would you have not tuned in? Could you not watch it at a later time to skip the ads? I'm honestly baffled by your posts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom