The Walking Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's time to decide on an end to the series. I thought Lost did it right by deciding that season 6 would be its last years prior, even though many hated the ending.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Tell that to the folks at AMC. They'll probably laugh so hard at you that snot will come flying out of their collective noses.

"We call it Riding the Gravy Train!"

The Walking Dead is their hottest show. The ratings will dictate its demise.

I've heard this show - or its makers - is angling for 10 years. Which gives me little faith that I'll be watching much past this next half season. If we're gonna get four or five years of big stuff-up / characters split up / 10 weeks of pointless stumbling around the woods / reunion, I'm out.

Part of what made my reaction to last night so negative is the little things. Ultra capable, observant, alert Darryl is:

a. caught unawares by a freaking guy with a gun in a burnt out woodland
b. fumbles hopelessly for his crossbow for about five minutes while a zombie walks up to him.

I won't even get started on Diabetes Girl's death.

Yeah, I agree with you there. That's not like Darryl to do such things. Especially stumbling for his crossbow. Darryl could find that in his sleep. Sure, it wasn't the strongest episode, but not every one can be a home run.

Memo to shows: Don't make your characters stupid, don't blow the internal credibility of the world for cheap thrills. They did the same thing in the closing death march of Dexter. By the end Battista and that Quinn guy were about as much cops as my granny.

Basically the magical rule of The Walking Dead now is that if the camera is close in on a character, everything outside the frame becomes unknowable to them as well as to us. That's how people can get snuck up on. It's cheap.

Tell that to the folks at AMC. They'll probably laugh so hard at you that snot will come flying out of their collective noses.

"We call it Riding the Gravy Train!"

The Walking Dead is their hottest show. The ratings will dictate its demise.

Oh of course I realize this to. Just personal preference. I compare a lot of shows to LOST because I feel like once they had an ending in sight, every show had a sense of urgency to it.

Lost lost me after 3 episodes and I never returned to watching it. It wasn't an awful show. It just wasn't my bag. Just like I never got into Game of Thrones. My gf was into TWD for years before I finally sat down and paid attention to it. Now, I'm hooked. I don't need every episode to be the greatest episode ever. There's going to be peaks and valleys. Some will be slower paced and focus on a small amount of characters and some will be action packed with the whole gang involved. I do prefer the shows where the whole cast is involved because there are so many great characters on the show.

I think we'll have a "jump the shark" moment coming up this Sunday with Glenn, unless they go back and show how he survives in a later episode.

Or maybe it's just lazy writing.

I will never jump ship. I've been invested since day 1. I love this show, the characters, and the actors way too much.

I'll be so critical you won't be able to stand me by the time this show finally ends. I'll keep watching no matter how bad it gets.

It's that sometimes they cut away from what seems like an impossible situation

Glenn is shot and has two walkers on him. We only see him a few moments later about to shoot nick

Rick appears to be surrounded by walkers in an RV. We cut to see him running down the road.

And now Glenn is trapped under nicks body and he escaped by hiding under the dumpster.

It just seems so anticlimactic. Especially since they trolled us hard with his "death"

I think it's awesome how people have reacted to Glenn's situation. Is he dead or alive? Doesn't seem that farfetched that he's possibly alive. It's not like the walkers are smart or anything. Kind of makes you wanna tune in to find out what happened which is kind of the point of episodic television.

I disagree. It's really farfetched, in my opinion, if he simply got out of it. Granted, there could be something we are missing. Some revelation that we didn't know prior... (I don't know... zombies don't eat Chinese?).

I think it's a good ploy, but if ultimately Glenn survives from rolling out of it entirely unscathed while unprotected, I'm not buying it.

Not buying that. That was fucking stupid.

Lol you're just mad because none of your theories panned out. :wink:

I mean if you watch the seen over again, it's very obvious that it is Glenn being eaten. If they try and make it about having another lifeless body on top of him... it's bull.

There's only two answers I'll take:

-He's dead as dead can be
Or
-He didn't actually fall and these are delusions

Of course they made it appear that Glenn was being eaten but I knew it had to be Nicholas that was getting eaten.
What is pretty stupid is that not one zombie bit Glenn's leg or arm or anything like that? Sureeeeee. Well whatever, I'm just glad he's alive.. for now. :lol:

... zombies don't eat Chinese?

:lol::lol:

Yeah i am glad he is alive too, i really thought they were killing him off. :lol:

Maybe they were testing the waters and saw the fan reaction (outrage) and decided to toy with us for a while. Who knows.

I think it's just a utilization of a red herring to create suspense to be honest.

I really liked the way the last episode ended. Because it continues to annoy me that "driving away the herd" is a good idea. Why not eliminate your problem? I feel like every single character must be a complete dumbass for not wanting to just grab a knife and pick them off one by one through the gate gratings.

Yeah i am glad he is alive too, i really thought they were killing him off. :lol:

Maybe they were testing the waters and saw the fan reaction (outrage) and decided to toy with us for a while. Who knows.

I doubt that unless they filmed two possible outcomes and went with Glenn surviving. That wasn't mentioned during Talking Dead. All that was discussed was how long it took to shoot the scene. I would think that if/when Glenn dies, it will be in glorious fashion and possibly by another human, not a walker. Something akin to when the Governor killed Hershel.

Funny that the show that has the most guts actually has no guts at all. :D

Yeah they would've had to shoot two versions of the rest of the season.

Given their seeming budget cuts by not showing tenured cast members for weeks at a time, I can't imagine they would even consider shooting that.

I would think that if/when Glenn dies, it will be in glorious fashion and possibly by another human, not a walker. Something akin to when the Governor killed Hershel.

In the comic books, it's fucking brutal what happens to Glenn. Fucking Negan and Lucille, my god.

Back
Top Bottom