The Walking Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I totally thought someone important was going to die, especially after Norman told us to bring our kleenex.

Excited for the new L.A. series. It wont be the same but it will keep us busy until Season 6.

The real deal finally returns this Sunday! :hyper: Last winter during the show's midseason hiatus, I binge watched the entire series until I was caught up with the current episodes. This season, I'll catch an entire season week to week. AMC, of course, has been running a marathon to keep everyone up to speed.

Was it me or did all of the special effects from that episode seem like they were from the 90s?

Also, after how many tens of months into the apocalypse... they're still afraid of "a dozen" zombies trapped in a room? When they had that scene I figured it was because they were NOT going to use their guns to make noise. Seriously, why the inconsistency?

I just wish they had Salazar in their group, he's good at having zombies follow him silently. No need for all the herding measures.

The effects looked pretty cheap and I think the black and white actually helped that some in the pit. The last scene was pretty terrible CGI wise, but I enjoyed it overall. Not sure why it needed to be 90min tbh, but I thought it was a pretty solid episode.
What was stupid was not dealing with the locked up zombies when the whole group was there, dry run or not it sure would have been easier. But yeah overall I liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Everyone was there and nobody did anything. They opted to actively let it be someone else's problem.

If I was in charge I wouldn't make a plan to get the horde moving. I would make a plan to systematically eliminate them over the coming weeks. Pick them off one by one, silently. After a month of working days, that could be a mass zombie grave. Hell, you could use those bodies to fortify those trucks. This irked me about the prison too. I wish they had taken "hunting" more seriously. There are only so many tens to hundreds of thousands of people in a regional population. The more you kill, the less there are. Might as well start killing from the get-go.

Overall though, it did seem like a good effort at making the show different from the past. So I still think it was good.

My thought actually was to burn them. I'm sure they could rig an old fire hose or something, spray them down and throw a match, or shoot the flare gun as the case may be. May take a few attempts to get them all, but it sure seems safer than leading them away and trying to avoid all noise.

Interesting idea. The area did seem distant enough from trees and such to prevent a spreading fires (it looked like a quarry to be honest). But yeah, given the fact that they do indeed have an infinite supply of everything from cars to ammo to flares to food and water... I don't see why not.

And that's sarcasm about the show, not your idea.

They could have napalmed that pit, I suppose, but that would have been too straightforward, and put less people in danger. The Ricktatorship moves in mysterious ways.

Who let off the siren in Alexandria, I wonder? The priest did say he wanted to help.

Wow Ethan Embry sure has aged.

It ain't easy being 37. :wink:. I hope he never resorts to a toupee like Jeremy Piven did when his hairline receded.

Loved the first episode! I have a feeling the horn blowers were the Wolves. They were hardly shown, so naturally they had to make their presence felt in a big way. Plus, No Aaron either, but he'll be back next week.

They could have napalmed that pit, I suppose, but that would have been too straightforward, and put less people in danger. The Ricktatorship moves in mysterious ways.

Who let off the siren in Alexandria, I wonder? The priest did say he wanted to help.

Gotta be those Wolves people that they keep hinting at.

Good episode! I was confused at first with the black and until I realized they were flash backing. The amount of walkers was sooo insane, it must be crazy to work with and cast that many people AND do all their makeup.

Yes, on Talking Dead they mentioned the long shifts the make-up staff were working that day. I loved when the gang barged in on Carter just as he was about to shoot Mullet Boy.

My god tonight's episode was absolutely devastating.

Don't know how to spoiler tag on phone so heads up:

I think that Glenn is alive. I think the walkers are eating Nicholas on top of Glenn and Glenn is gonna roll under a dumpster

Back
Top Bottom