LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:18 AM
STILL! Old... friend.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:27 AM   #79
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

All of Trek's up on Watch Instantly. Oh wait, did I say all of it? I meant everything except fucking Deep Space Nine. That's okay though, all 7 seasons of Voyager are ready to watch. Remember those compelling characters? Tom Paris, Captain Janeway, Harry Kim, Chakotay... *snore*
Old 07-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #80
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
All of Trek's up on Watch Instantly. Oh wait, did I say all of it? I meant everything except fucking Deep Space Nine. That's okay though, all 7 seasons of Voyager are ready to watch. Remember those compelling characters? Tom Paris, Captain Janeway, Harry Kim, Chakotay... *snore*
I was reading a blurb from the guy who got the task of playing Harry Kim (poor fuck) and this really explains a lot:

Quote:
When casting ended on Voyager, all the actors were invited by executive producer Rick Berman to attend a congratulatory luncheon. It was during this lunch that Berman informed us that he expected all actors portraying human roles to follow his decree. He told us that we were to underplay our human characters. He wanted our line delivery to be as military — and subsequently devoid of emotion — as possible, since this, in his opinion, was the only way to make the aliens look real.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:18 AM
The more I learn about Berman and Braga, the more inevitable the series' crash and burn seems in retrospect.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:06 AM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Somehow I had never seen Balance of Terror. Holy smokes the technicolor! Those rich folks with their color tvs sure were getting their money's worth.

Balance of Terror and The Defector: a quality Netflix twofer. Friggin' Romulans.

edit ALSO! neither one was edited for time. that's a surprisingly big deal with TV movies. I was watching IJ and the Temple of Doom this weekend and kept feeling unsettled by how quickly everything was moving.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #83
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobvok View Post
I was watching IJ and the Temple of Doom this weekend and kept feeling unsettled by how quickly everything was moving.
Somehow editing for time seems like it could only be a big plus with Temple of Doom
Old 07-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #84
Blue Crack Supplier

Indyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:35 AM   #85
ONE
love, blood, life

In-----deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 07-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #86
Blue Crack Supplier

since the recent movie made its way onto the netflix stream, i am finally getting around to watching it.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #87
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
In-----deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
He no nuts. He crazy!
Old 07-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

Stewart And Shatner Talk 'The Captains'

I'm not even a Star Trek fan but I know these characters of course, and thought this little clip was pretty cool.

Patrick Stewart is a bad motherfucker.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #89
Blue Crack Supplier

William Shatner is a bad actor.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:12 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Badda boom:

TNG HD Trailer - YouTube

Quote:
You've heard the rumors, and now StarTrek.com can officially confirm it: Star Trek: The Next Generation will be released in high-definition Blu-ray, starting in January with a sampler of several popular episodes, followed by a season-one set to be released later on in 2012, and subsequent seasons beaming down after that. Each of the 178 episodes spanning The Next Generation's seven seasons will be transferred to true high-definition 1080p for release in the Blu-ray format and, eventually, for runs on television and digital platforms in the U.S. and across the world. Star Trek: The Next Generation will, as fans know, be celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2012.

“Fans have been clamoring for a high-definition release of Star Trek: The Next Generation," Ken Ross, Executive Vice President and General Manager of CBS Entertainment, said in a statement. “Transferring the series to high-definition presented difficult technical challenges, but our team has come up with a process to create true 1080p HD masters with true HD visual effects. We can’t wait to show fans how pristine the series looks and sounds with our upcoming Blu-ray releases.”

CBS is, in fact, returning to the original film negatives, a mother lode of material encompassing 25,000-plus reels of footage, and editing the episodes together precisely as they were when they originally aired between 1987 and 1994. Visual effects will not be upconverted from videotape, but instead will be recompositioned. The freshly cut film will ultimately be transferred to high definition with 7.1 DTS Master Audio. And all of the work is being done in conjunction with respected, longtime Star Trek figures Denise and Michael Okuda, who are on board as consultants.

As for that sampler, it will be called Star Trek: The Next Generation -- The Next Level. CBS Home Entertainment has set a January 31, 2012, release date for the single disc, which will include the feature-length version of the series pilot, "Encounter at Farpoint," as well the fan-favorite episodes "Sins of the Father" and "The Inner Light," the former from season three and the latter from season five. The Next Level will sell for the suggested retail price of $21.99.