The Random Screenshot Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
I'm not terribly sure this will succeed here, since I know most posters don't typically download their films. Though a lot of DVD watching does happen, so I'd encourage everyone to capture and share images that way if they'd like. Anyway, pretty self-explanatory. Here's something to start.

A sequence.

Picture3-15.png

Picture4-16.png

Picture5-15.png

Picture6-12.png

Picture7-13.png

Picture8-12.png

Picture9-11.png

Picture10-9.png

The New World (2005) - IMDb

I like his lighting. That sequence in particular does a very good job compositionally of expressing his character's psyche.

Not an entire scene (can't capture the blu-ray images), but a screenshot still:

large%20last%20year%20at%20marienbad%20blu-ray5.jpg

Not exactly an exact grab from the film (aspect ratio is cropped at the very least) but it's certainly an iconic one. It doesn't have to be a full scene or exact sequence of shots either. I only did that for the first two anyway. "Random" and what not.

Might as well repost the ones from the review thread, and another favorite I left out:

vlcsnap-337482.png

vlcsnap-365871.png

vlcsnap-366473.png

vlcsnap-367504.png

The Holy Mountain

I'm just grabbing what I can from various websites. It appears that most of the shots I wanted to post are out there in some form or another.

HolyMountain04.png

The_Holy_Mountain-161742.jpg

Really that entire sequence with the Chameleons and Frogs was probably my favorite part of the movie.

HolyMountain20.png

HolyMountain22.png

HolyMountain27.png

HolyMountain32.png

HolyMountain37.jpg

I wish I could find some good screen grabs of all of the great ways they used rainbows in this film. It was possibly the most gorgeous part of the film, and I can't find any one image that really sums it up the way I'd like.

That overshot with the eye room was jaw-dropping, how they all file in and move in a circle around the table to take their seats. :drool:

And...THE MENORAH GUN!!

Something I couldn't stop saying to myself throughout most of the film was "HOW THE FUCK DID THEY BUILD ALL THIS SHIT??" It's one of the most creative and ambitious works of pre-CGI art direction I've ever seen, and I'm pretty sure Jodorowsky designed most of it. To think that this film came in way under-budget is mystifying.

I couldn't figure out, when the scene started, if it was a small picture, or an overhead shot, and when it turned out to be an overhead, shot, I was quite impressed.

Travis told me half way through the film how much it cost to make, and I almost refused to believe it. I spent so much of the time prior to that moment wondering how on earth they could have received enough funding to make a film that looked this good. Not sure how they did it with the money they spent.

Lance, I always find your screenshot choices to be interesting. Some are gorgeous, but others just seem like typical compositions. Could I be missing something by not having seen these scenes in motion?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom