The Ostrayan/Kiwi Comedy thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
As per the request of Bonnie. :D

Thought I'd use the proper pronunciation of the word Australia.

Basically, I wanted to start this thread so we can all bow down at the greatness that was The Late Show, 1992-93, which gave us

05.jpg

And so, so much more.

Discuss :D

Yeah, I hope this is more Late Show than anything else. Which counts as both Aussie and Kiwi, what with Tony Martin (whose autobiography of sorts I have been rereading, great stuff). Gonna have to watch Bargearse again some time, it's been a while.

Just as I was reading Danny's first post I was thinking of Tony Martin and thinking he's a kiwi and then I scroll down.... His send up of Billy Bragg is still one of my absolute fave Late show/D Gen moments. :up:

I nominate: Norman Gunston

The Late Show? Oh geez, I could go on and on. And I will. Heikki Dreschner. Gee that's a good sounding name. Now I'm gonna list all the athletes starting with 'a'...

See what I did there? :wink:

Norman Gunston interviewing The Who = awesome.

Random:

When I was in New Zealand in 1998 there was a funny skit show on TV.
The one skit I remember was about the Picton Tourism Bureau. Very funny--tourists coming in asking where the ferry terminal is or where the train station is and the agents would just deny they existed and hand them a map and tell them ALL of the wonderful thing to do in Picton.

I don't know what the show was, but I remember they said "Pooftas" a lot though. Any Kiwis here know?

I thought it was funny.

Mark

Actually does anyone remember where this song came from?

"God loves New Zealand
He gave them boiling mud'

You gotta sing it in a melodramatic tone of voice....

As per the request of Bonnie. :D

Thought I'd use the proper pronunciation of the word Australia.

Basically, I wanted to start this thread so we can all bow down at the greatness that was The Late Show, 1992-93, which gave us

05.jpg

And so, so much more.

Discuss :D

The_late_show_graham_and_the_colonel.jpg

I always laughed at shitscared too..

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

roy and hg before roy and hg even existed

micallef's a very funny man. shame molloy hasn't been funny since the early 90s, with the exception of crackerjack and mmmmaybe bad eggs.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

roy and hg before roy and hg even existed

micallef's a very funny man. shame molloy hasn't been funny since the early 90s, with the exception of crackerjack and mmmmaybe bad eggs.

Some of Molloy's radio stuff was pretty damn funny, when he was with Martin, but yeah, seems like he's gone downhill a bit, which is a shame.

i missed most of his radio stuff, sadly. it was too late by the time i got into get this, as well, with martin and ed kavalee.

flight of the conchords is fantastic, my favourite ep being the one where they took 1/16th of a biccie, and also the mutha-uckas.

i will admit though, we have produced some truly awful shows of late. comedy inc, all those sorts of shows.

Back
Top Bottom