The Office: Season Six

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
Here we go again.

Please, please be better than season five.

Good call. I'll be in front of my TV. Thought the second half of Season 5 had a lot of good moments.

Also, Parks and Recreation!

Also, Parks and Recreation!

I thought about giving Parks its own thread, but I think you and I are the only big fans of it. We'll see what people think.

There's also a new one of those Thursday SNL deals and the series premiere of Community, which doesn't look bad.

I thought about giving Parks its own thread, but I think you and I are the only big fans of it. We'll see what people think.

There's also a new one of those Thursday SNL deals and the series premiere of Community, which doesn't look bad.

I liked it a fair amount, but was reserving judgment until its first full season. If this show sprouts some legs a la Season 2 of The Office, that'd be welcome.

The only bad thing about Community; Chevy is in it.

How is that bad?

Should Community get its own thread? I think it has potential as well. Didn't know John Oliver was part of the cast too. :hmm:

I got to meet Chevy via work. The guy's an incredible a-hole.
Just personal opinion.

The Office= B+
Community= B- (It has potential)

I don't doubt that from the stories I've heard, the fistfight with Bill Murray when he came back to host SNL. I don't think it should take away from what we see on screen, but that's just me.

This show is on autopilot, and I remember calling that Andy was gay early last season, not that it was a hard guess or anything.

I've spent too many hours with these damn characters to give up on it. And last night had a few moments. I'll still be watching.

Although I do think I lol'd more at the Parks and Recreation premiere. And I'm developing a crush on Aubrey Plaza.

I just don't know what else there is to do with this show. they could have stopped at season 4 and things would have been fine.

Season 5 had a few nice moments. Last night was just brutal.

Wow has this show ever turned into absolute horseshit.

I know that you lose writers after a few seasons, but damn, what a dropoff the last couple of seasons.

And I'd watch a show just to see Chevy Chase, frankly.

was just wondering if there was going to be another season, sad to hear its missed the mark with you guys but i will give it a shot , ive invested in this show til the bitter end.

Ricky Gervais thought The Office was done after 12 episodes and a couple of specials, here we are on the 5th season, this cow stopped producing a couple of years ago.

I've got to mirror the feelings of most people in this thread. I was hoping yesterday's episode would be an major improvement but no luck. They reminded me of those kinds of episodes that felt like the writers were stretching to meet the season total. If that quality of episode is what we get right out of the gate then I fear what we'll get deep in the season. How did such a great show fall off so quickly?

No one could save the show at this point. There's a reason why these writers are now successfully doing a second show: they're still talented. The Office has just run its course. We know everything about these characters now.

yeah, and i'm finding myself not even liking these characters anymore.

Jim and Pam could just go away, as they both almost seem smug to me. Just seems that now they're together, there's no charm left.

Just end this show. Guess that's difference between US shows and other countries, we have to bleed every last drop out of our favorite shows.

Agreed. As much as I've been disappointed with this season, that was pretty adorable.

She's a dental hygienist from Carbondale. She's a bumpkin. And makes love like one. PASS!

The cutting back and forth between Jim and Pam on the boat and the entire cast dancing down the aisle (Oscar's FTW) was very well done.

I skipped last week because I'd given up on the show and pretty much hate all the characters. Then decided, okay, I'll watch the wedding.

It opened with a scene of mass vomiting, and I turned it off.

Back
Top Bottom